Jeezla

The (Potential) 2020 Draft RB Class

1 minute ago, badgers0821 said:

I’m really curious what everyone would think of Etienne if he played at Wisconsin. My guess is most people would drop him on their list because “all UW RBs fail in the NFL” and “are just products of the system and the OL”. 

Even though Melvin Gordon and Corey Clement have both translated pretty well. Gordon doesn't seem to be a product of the system. His issues seem to be trying to bounce runs outside or the other way trying to turn a four yard gain into a seventy yard touchdown. Or injuries. Clement is a really nice receiver, and if anything, that wasn't shown enough at Wisconsin. I'm a believer in Jonathan Taylor. As for Etienne, I'm cautiously putting a mid-late 1st on him. Blazing speed, and runs with some more oomph than you'd expect, but I'm not in love with his size and power yet. I need a RB prospect to be perfect to get a high 1st from me. Gurley, McCaffrey, and Barkley are the only three that have received one from me since 2013.

JK Dobbins helped his stock this week against Indiana in some ways, but he also dropped a wide-open touchdown pass early in the game. Looks like a dynamic runner, hopefully the drop is an aberration.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:58 AM, HoboRocket said:

JK Dobbins helped his stock this week against Indiana in some ways, but he also dropped a wide-open touchdown pass early in the game. Looks like a dynamic runner, hopefully the drop is an aberration.

While not great, his hands are usually more than adequate, maybe even above average.  He's a very good pass blocker though, that will certainly help his NFL stock.

Etienne and Swift will get drafted before him because of perceived athleticism but Jonathan Taylor is the best RB in this class. He has elite vision and top end speed at great size. Dead serious when I say I haven't seen a RB with his vision in my life.