Nick Chubb = NFL Stud

kris_kapsner

23 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Good advice.

If you have a boy and a girl, you are set.

The world is set up for pairs (e.g., restaurants, motor vehicles, amusement parks, etc.).

No need to create imbalance or considerable additional expense.

I have 6, 3 boys and 3 girls.

Wouldn't trade any one of them for the world, but damn they have cost a lot!

Btw re the importance of balance.

A father naturally favors his daughters. A protective instinct primarily, expecting boys to be able to take care of themselves.

Mothers, on the other hand, tend to dote on sons for whatever reason.

26 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Before the injury I would call him a rich man's Fournette. I wasn't the biggest Fournette fan, he was good but I thought Chubb was a fair bit better.

Yeah preinjury he wasn’t a poor anything, he was an absolute stud.  

If he regains most of that explosiveness he’s a legit stud.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah preinjury he wasn’t a poor anything, he was an absolute stud.  

If he regains most of that explosiveness he’s a legit stud.

If we get a top 5qb, rb,cb and a good wr from this class.... I won’t know what to do.

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Poor mans Leonard Fournette.

What really stood out to me, it looks like he has been greased and buttered.  Tacklers would have him wrapped up, arms around him, and he would just slip right through them and keep going.  I hope he can do that at the pro level with much better tacklers on the field.

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

Btw re the importance of balance.

A father naturally favors his daughters. A protective instinct primarily, expecting boys to be able to take care of themselves.

Mothers, on the other hand, tend to dote on sons for whatever reason.

6. Stud. 

Your wife must walk like a cowboy.

Chubb isn't the homerun hitter some are making him out to be. He doesn't have blazing speed or anything. I'm not knocking the dude because I absolutely love him, but he's not like Fournette in terms of his violence or his speed. He's shiftier, has better vision, and seemingly always makes the right twist/turn/cut to get extra yards. But he doesn't have the pure horsepower that Fournette does in trucking or jets. He's a maximizer of his talents, which are...dare I say, par for the course in the NFL. Most backs don't do the subtle things that make guys like Chubb/Gore/Curtis Martin so good. He's going to be a great one, but he won't wow anyone with his physical talent. His best gift is his vision and his ability to slide through creases in the defense. That's who he is as a player.

And I don't think the injury changed Chubb all that much. I didn't think he was all that explosive before the injury so I didn't see a dip in his explosion or his cutting ability. He looks like the same dude to me. I think had he stayed healthy, he's still going in the early 2nd round like he did.

Chubb has an elite name, great vision, great balance, good ability to break arm tackles, and average "homerun hitting" ability with good intangibles such as pass protection. I like his odds to be successful and an above average to good RB. If he's never a Pro Bowl caliber player, I don't care.

On 6/26/2018 at 7:31 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Chubb isn't the homerun hitter some are making him out to be. He doesn't have blazing speed or anything. I'm not knocking the dude because I absolutely love him, but he's not like Fournette in terms of his violence or his speed. He's shiftier, has better vision, and seemingly always makes the right twist/turn/cut to get extra yards. But he doesn't have the pure horsepower that Fournette does in trucking or jets. He's a maximizer of his talents, which are...dare I say, par for the course in the NFL. Most backs don't do the subtle things that make guys like Chubb/Gore/Curtis Martin so good. He's going to be a great one, but he won't wow anyone with his physical talent. His best gift is his vision and his ability to slide through creases in the defense. That's who he is as a player.

And I don't think the injury changed Chubb all that much. I didn't think he was all that explosive before the injury so I didn't see a dip in his explosion or his cutting ability. He looks like the same dude to me. I think had he stayed healthy, he's still going in the early 2nd round like he did.

Fournette?  

Fournette's 40 was 4.51 and Chubb's was 4.52.  

The Brown's coaches were asked about Chubb's break away ability and they said they didn't see him caught from behind on the tape much.  And I see plenty of his runs pull away from DB's.

You know who else ran a 4.52 40 yard dash?  Fellow former Georgia RB Todd Gurley.  And he came in 5 pounds lighter than Nick Chubb.  And he turned out to be a pretty decent RB in the NFL.  

I think Chubb is better than Fournette myself.  And I like Fournette.  But Chubb has an elite "feel" for the game that just isn't tangible.  And, he had a 98th percentile SparQ score.  The dude has burst, power, vision and enough speed to get the job done.

1 minute ago, kris_kapsner said:

Fournette's 40 was 4.51 and Chubb's was 4.52.  

I could care less about how they run the 40. Fournette has much better speed on the field and I don't think anyone would disagree with me that has actually watched the two.

Most people were shocked at Chubb's 40 time because he doesn't play nearly as fast as he timed. I was shocked Fournette didn't run faster, same with Gurley.

I think it's crazy to think Chubb is better than Fournette. But I thought Fournette was the best RB prospect since Peterson (before Barkley who was only trumped by AP). Chubb, a guy I'm comparing to potential hall of famer Frank Gore, was not that kind of prospect to me. He's in the "very good" category athletically, but I don't expect him to overwhelm people with his physical gifts.

Archived