McPoyle vs Ponderosa: Mafia of the Century! McPoyles win in a LANDSLIDE!

James

So people kept commenting on the mafia's mistake N2 not to hit LTBF ("oh they must be inexperienced mafia").. here is the logic:

LTBF had no invest on N2, and already cleared VikesManDan. With the protector dead, those 2 were equal as far as we were concerned as we could kill either whenever we want. Between the two, one had a chance of dying without our involvement (LTBF), the other would survive unless we did something (VikeMan). We chose the scenario that could see both the civ clears die. We got lucky and he didn't get pardoned, but had he, we would have just killed him the next night before he got another invest off.

Jeez - we were really dumb this game, I mean REALLY dumb. 

So, serious question - what is my scum game? I constantly hear this being repeated, but nobody can quantify what that is.

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

I think people focus way too much on the “he’s posting differently”. Often times the person isn’t actually posting any differently than normal. 

Especially when it came to activity for this game.  Personally I moved houses and had a big family thing over the weekend.  I think there was a lot of the same stubborn play I saw last game going on, where people don't want to take advice because "it could be scum trying to influence me!"  The back to back lynches based on inactivity were completely manufactured by civs.

3 minutes ago, MathMan said:

who is next hosting

I could have a game up tomorrow night if anyone is interested. Have a couple games more or less finished and just in the tweaking stages now. All of them have roles I’ve never tried.

Unless someone else was planning on going next, I’ll be around to play if that’s the case

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

that's what I got lynched the previous game.

Different circumstances = Different posting

Not only that but you can’t view the person typing the response so it may appear differently. 

Theres usually one person who thinks I’m posting differently just about every game. 

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

So, serious question - what is my scum game? I constantly hear this being repeated, but nobody can quantify what that is.

Your scum game is when you sign up and then play the game.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

You’re a pretty good player.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So people kept commenting on the mafia's mistake N2 not to hit LTBF ("oh they must be inexperienced mafia").. here is the logic:

LTBF had no invest on N2, and already cleared VikesManDan. With the protector dead, those 2 were equal as far as we were concerned as we could kill either whenever we want. Between the two, one had a chance of dying without our involvement (LTBF), the other would survive unless we did something (VikeMan). We chose the scenario that could see both the civ clears die. We got lucky and he didn't get pardoned, but had he, we would have just killed him the next night before he got another invest off.

You guys are lucky you killed me off when you did. 

Think about it from the governors perspective.  You waited until the LAST MINUTE to claim.  Only reason for that is to prevent a counterclaim.  This was also a game where the governor DIES when he uses his pardon.  Not to mention its extremely common for players to be busy that time of night.  If LTBF had been pardoned I would have pointed all this out and advocated for his lynch until it became obvious there was no CC coming

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Was about to type this out, thanks for saving me the trouble.

Also I loved that back and forth about DM's involving stallyns and ET. I'm a mod too @Slappy Mc

Archived