Who Will Be The Worst Team in the NFL?

AlNFL19

Who Will Be The NFL's Worst?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will hold the No. 1 overall draft pick in 2019? (Team Super Bowl odds according to Bovada in parentheses)

• New York Jets (200-1)
    • Miami Dolphins (150-1)
    • Chicago Bears (100-1)
    • Cincinnati Bengals (100-1)
    • Buffalo Bills (100-1)
    • Arizona Cardinals (100-1)
    • Cleveland Browns (80-1)
    • Washington (75-1)
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (70-1)
    • Indianapolis Colts (70-1)
    • Seattle Seahawks (60-1)
    • Detroit Lions (55-1)
    • Baltimore Ravens (55-1)
    • Tennessee Titans (45-1)
    • Denver Broncos (40-1)
    • Carolina Panthers (35-1)
    • Dallas Cowboys (33-1)
    • New York Giants (33-1)
    • Kansas City Chiefs (30-1)
    • Other (Please Specify)

In the NFL going into the season, there seems to be no team that is a shoo-in to be completely awful as there have been in years past. There are cases to be made that any team could be the worst in the league, as no team really has an atrocious all-around roster. If I had to guess now, I'd go with the Bills because they seem to be as close as any team is to having a poor all-around roster, but even they have bright spots.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If there's any legs to the Shady McCoy incident, Buffalo. They'll have a good D, but that offense will struggle to get 150+ total yards without McCoy.

This. If they somehow find him to be guilty or if he gets a random suspension for over 1/4th of the season, I can see Buffalo struggling out of the gates and failing to recover. 

15 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I voted Cards, though I think there is an argument to be made for a healthy Bradford to win a few games for them. I just don’t know that Fitz and Johnson can create scoring opportunities if Rosen or Bradford struggle/die on the field. 

All do respect, doesn't this apply to your Colts who are playing without a Fitz and DJ type player. Your entire season depends on the Health of a QB who hasn't played and or barely thrown a football since 2016. 

Only reason the odds for Indy are 70-1 is in "hopes" Andrew Luck stays healthy. Without him, they too are (200-1) and in the mix for the #1 pick.

I went Indy since I think that OL will get Luck killed.

I'm going with the Bills.  They'll most likely have the worst QB play with a horrid offensive line.  They also had a number of things swing their way to make the playoffs last year so they're due for some kind of regression/unlucky streak.  With the Jets & Cards, Darnold/Rosen are a lot more polished than a guy like Allen where there's a small window of opportunity of either of these teams making some sort of run to a playoff spot. 

Another team that could be in this spot is Seattle.  They just lost a ton of key veterans and important talent at some positions.  They made some effort in the offensive line but god forbid a miss block happens and Russell Wilson misses some time, this could be a disaster of epic proportions.  Tampa is also a strong candidate here.  Just like Seattle, they could easily surprise and make a run but with the Jameis  , Tampa's got to question their future state at QB.  It's a volatile situation and the coaching is on the hot seat here. 

Someone mentioned Miami here.  A few months ago when I started looking at football, I thought they'd be a good candidate but looking at them more, I just don't see it and think they could actually surprise.  They won six games last year under some of the most brutal and unlucky circumstances coupled with distractions.  Like most disaster seasons, they lose their starting QB before the season starts.  They trade their top starting RB because he's a malcontent.  They had one of their players quit and leave the team on them in Week 2 including a coach who got canned for doing drugs, corpses that they trot out for their TE and lastly not playing their first home game until Week 5 due to an unpredicted hurricane which had them flying across the country to LA in Week 2, to NY in Week 3 and off to London in Week 4.  I'm not going to mention some of the other bad locker room influences that might've helped on the field but clearly disrupted team chemistry.    And after all that turmoil, they ended up winning six games.  As for 2018, Miami only travels as far as Minneapolis, brings in an interesting group of veterans and some key pieces from the draft.  

13 minutes ago, jvmillion83 said:

I'm curious how you see them less talented then a team like the Jets

A lot of the media outlets seem to think that. They could prove me wrong. Nobody really knows how these teams will do. Remember everyone thought the Jets would go 0-16 last year and they won 5 games. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

A lot of the media outlets seem to think that. They could prove me wrong. Nobody really knows how these teams will do. Remember everyone thought the Jets would go 0-16 last year and they won 5 games. 

What about the Bills?  Miami has a superior offense to them and their defense is not significantly worse than theirs.

2 minutes ago, jvmillion83 said:

What about the Bills?  Miami has a superior offense to them and their defense is not significantly worse than theirs.

I admit that I don't know a lot about some of these teams and I do get my info from ESPN, Fox, NFL N, etc. and I have heard them say the Bills could be in for a rough year as well. 

I think it comes down to Miami and Cincinatti, with Miami taking it.

Buffalo won't have much of an offense without McCoy, but the defense will help them out a bit. Arizona's roster isn't anything special outside Fitz/Johnson/Peterson it seems, but if Bradford is healthy he'll do enough to at least get them some wins before he gets injured. Bridgewater will save the Jets. 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think it comes down to Miami and Cincinatti, with Miami taking it.

Buffalo won't have much of an offense without McCoy, but the defense will help them out a bit. Arizona's roster isn't anything special outside Fitz/Johnson/Peterson it seems, but if Bradford is healthy he'll do enough to at least get them some wins before he gets injured. Bridgewater will save the Jets. 

Say what you want but we will not finish with the first overall pick unless Dalton tears his knee Week 3 and Matt Barkley starts the remaining 13 games.

Archived