How will you react to this season as fan now that we are champions?

EaglesPeteC

In case you forgot, the Eagles won the Super Bowl.

Now we are in uncharted territory as fans as we start seeing the 2018 Eagles on the field.

So how do you think you'll react to the next season?

As i see it there are two ways it can go.

1) You've tasted SB victory and you love it. Now any other ending to the season is a colossal disapointment

Or

2) We are the champs and therefore that giant gorilla of never winning a Super Bowl is off your back and losses and disapointments don't have the same effect on you. 

I think I'll be a #2 but right now I'm weirdly in mourning of 2017. I kind of know that is the best season of football i will ever watch. 

It definitely heightens expectations for me. Anything less then an NFC championship game appearance will feel somewhat disappointing. With that being said, if we go on another deep run I’ll be way less stressed out knowing that heartbreak won’t result in endless ‘no rings’ jokes. I just hope that Wentz starts and wins at least one Super Bowl. 

I'd be comfortable with a green bay kind of post superbowl. minus relying solely on your qb. At least making playoffs and being a contender consistently.

Realistically though  i'd say 5 more championships in a row before the NFL forces parity on us by giving us 2 eagles teams with Nicky Nine Inch at the helm just to have someone to compete against.

I know last season has taking a toll on many players on the roster but I’m excited to see if having some key guys back will help a 2nd run. 

Execution was high, has the league caught up to DougieP? What can he and that offensive unit get better at? Was mid-season the ceiling or floor of Carson? Some vets along that OL can we get 16+ out each and everyone? 

Does the hunger still burn in the belly of the beast? 

5 hours ago, Phire said:

I've always said I just wanted one Super Bowl. I got it. I'm all Gucci now.

I honestly don't think I'd care if we went 0-16. 

This! Anything beyond this point is gravy. Yes Back to Back or a Dynasty type run would in the making would be insane but in the end no matter what transpires in 2018. I'll just point to the Avi to end any and all discussion involving a Troll.

SBChampOut!

All I truly want moving forward is a Healthy Carson Wentz ala Tom Brady for the next decade plus "post ACL". I will happily take my chances as a fan if that occurs!!!!!

I whole heartedly think it will be #2, but we'll see. In the moment I can be very knee jerk. I am confident that going forward, at least for the next few years, I will be at peace with each season that doesn't end with a SB in a way I never could before, but week to week, snap to snap, for all I know I might be just as stressed as always. Again, I don't think I will, as I think this SB winning aura and monkey off our back really will take that edge off for me as a fan.

Last year was insane. Following up on it is going to be a very tall order. If we can't repeat, I'm looking for a deep run that suggests that this team is the real deal and will be competing for the next few years. 

1 hour ago, Phire said:

I really don't think there will ever be a season like that for any team in the NFL ever.

This

Even if they go back to back, it won't feel as amazing as the roller coaster ride of this season. Football will never get better than the 2017 Eagles. It's a little depressing thinking about that.

28 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This

Even if they go back to back, it won't feel as amazing as the roller coaster ride of this season. Football will never get better than the 2017 Eagles. It's a little depressing thinking about that.

It's depressing to know nothing will ever compare, but there's a certain bliss in knowing it can never be topped. 

Archived