Fantasy football ?!

bosko1616

Sooo...I drafted Duke and Josh Gordon in my fantasy league this year. TBH, I'm not expecting a huge week one from either of them, but I wondering from yall: what are your expectations from Duke and JG in week one? Last year, Duke had some critical plays against PIT week one, and obv JG was not with the team. Part of me thinks they're downplaying JG's role for this one in hopes of catching PIT off guard (not that they will but, you know, it happens), and Duke has two other RB's to compete with for touches even though he's easily the most dangerous receiving threat out of the backfield. 

For the record, it's a PPR league.

Thoughts?

54 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Sooo...I drafted Duke and Josh Gordon in my fantasy league this year. TBH, I'm not expecting a huge week one from either of them, but I wondering from yall: what are your expectations from Duke and JG in week one? Last year, Duke had some critical plays against PIT week one, and obv JG was not with the team. Part of me thinks they're downplaying JG's role for this one in hopes of catching PIT off guard (not that they will but, you know, it happens), and Duke has two other RB's to compete with for touches even though he's easily the most dangerous receiving threat out of the backfield. 

Thoughts?

Well who knows what our offense is going to look like so it's a huge guessing game but my expectation for Gordon is 3 catches and 50 yards and Duke 3 catches for 18 yards and 2 carries for 9 yards. I would love to see my expectations exceeded though.

8 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Thoughts?

IMO Duke was great least year but he won’t get nearly the chances last year or get the touchdowns compared to last year. Also I hate having two skill players from the same team. You are rooting against them. Duke scores he takes a TD chance from Gordon and vice versa. I honestly would try and flip Duke. What were your other picks?

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

IMO Duke was great least year but he won’t get nearly the chances last year or get the touchdowns compared to last year. Also I hate having two skill players from the same team. You are rooting against them. Duke scores he takes a TD chance from Gordon and vice versa. I honestly would try and flip Duke. What were your other picks?

Thanks for the input. Other skill position players:

WR - OBJ, Demaryius Thomas, Cooper Kupp, Anthony Miller, James Washington

RB - McCaffrey, Tarik Cohen, Peyton Barber, James White

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Thanks for the input. Other skill position players:

WR - OBJ, Demaryius Thomas, Cooper Kupp, Anthony Miller, James Washington

RB - McCaffrey, Tarik Cohen, Peyton Barber, James White

Ppr, McCaff is going to prolly be your MVP.  I would maybe try and package Duke for another top tier back or try at least. 

My money draft is tomorrow night. Sucks it leaves no room for trades but we do it late so no surprise injuries. 

I pick 12/12. It’s a 1ppr league. My plan for attack is to try and pull Julio Jones and OBJ At 12 and 13th pick. If one of them is gone I want to pick McCaf. I want to go heavy with WR early cause it’s going to be easier to find a back my next picks then WR. We are. 6pt passing TD. So I want to go WR WR RB QB with my first four picks

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Ppr, McCaff is going to prolly be your MVP.  I would maybe try and package Duke for another top tier back or try at least. 

My money draft is tomorrow night. Sucks it leaves no room for trades but we do it late so no surprise injuries. 

I pick 12/12. It’s a 1ppr league. My plan for attack is to try and pull Julio Jones and OBJ At 12 and 13th pick. If one of them is gone I want to pick McCaf. I want to go heavy with WR early cause it’s going to be easier to find a back my next picks then WR. We are. 6pt passing TD. So I want to go WR WR RB QB with my first four picks

So I have this streak of losing in the championship every year, different leagues throughout the years, it's currently at 7 consecutive seasons.

I know that's not winning it all, but I think the key for making it to the 'ship each year for me has been the result of hitting on my sleeper picks. This year, there's so many rooks and second year players who can make a monster impact. At 12, in my league, both Julio and OBJ were gone. I'd consider Saquon if he's still there.

And, don't be afraid to reach for Royce Freeman. I think he's gonna explode this season, this year's Kareem Hunt.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

So I have this streak of losing in the championship every year, different leagues throughout the years, it's currently at 7 consecutive seasons.

I know that's not winning it all, but I think the key for making it to the 'ship each year for me has been the result of hitting on my sleeper picks. This year, there's so many rooks and second year players who can make a monster impact. At 12, in my league, both Julio and OBJ were gone. I'd consider Saquon if he's still there.

And, don't be afraid to reach for Royce Freeman. I think he's gonna explode this season, this year's Kareem Hunt.

I feel like in my league Barkley will be gone around 6-8 range. I wish I was picking in they range I would love to get him or Karama

whos your TE? My sleeper pick for a stud player is going to be Burton. He is a great athlete and is going to be used Iike Kelce IMO. Nagy is the HC for the Bears who was KCs OC, so he knows how to use TEs and TRub loves throwing it to TEs. Last year his best stats came from targetting TEs over RBs and WRs. It’s why the second move I made after trying to trade for Cousin was get burton. Didn’t hesitate to trade Olsen for him straight up. I think Olsen is going to be very mediocre this year. 

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

I feel like in my league Barkley will be gone around 6-8 range. I wish I was picking in they range I would love to get him or Karama

whos your TE? My sleeper pick for a stud player is going to be Burton. He is a great athlete and is going to be used Iike Kelce IMO. Nagy is the HC for the Bears who was KCs OC, so he knows how to use TEs and TRub loves throwing it to TEs. Last year his best stats came from targetting TEs over RBs and WRs. It’s why the second move I made after trying to trade for Cousin was get burton. Didn’t hesitate to trade Olsen for him straight up. I think Olsen is going to be very mediocre this year. 

You're probably right. Are you in a ppr league? If so, at 12, you might as well go for a guy like McCaffrey or even Dalvin Cook.

On my squad, I took Kelce in round three, though I was tempted to hold off.

I don't mean to sound like a homer, but Njoku has massive fantasy potential and he should fall much later than some of the big name TE's. One name that I felt pretty good about going into my draft was Jordan Reed in WSH. No QB threw to their TE more than Alex Smith, and there's no reason to believe that trend won't continue for him with the Skins.

Cam Brate is another one with high upside IMO, though I don't feel entirely confident in their QB play. 

On the other end of the spectrum, I would say avoid Charles Clay because he seems to drop a lot of balls, and...well...maybe just avoid all Bills players at all costs.

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I can't downgrade at two spots for a guy that won't start for me (and who doesn't start for you) unfortunately. Doug Martin doesn't even start.

Bro, you ain't getting a starting/good RB or WR for a backup QB who, if everything goes right, only plays one game for you. I can give you a WR who will getcha points every week, or at the very least cover 3 WR's bye weeks and backup for an injury, or a RB who will be the man if dinosaur beast mode has injury issues.

Really the incentive for the deal was the upgrade from the Titan's D to the Eagles D. This week, the Titan's are projected to outscore Philly, but that's an outlier; it's because Philly is playing Atlanta this week, and Tennessee is playing the Dolphins, I believe. After this week, Philly's D will be the superior ranked D all day long.

Either way, buddy. Shoot me a counter offer. Let's talk turkey, or at least pigeon.

Archived