1. BW2
2. HGSS
3. Platinum
4. BW
5. Diamond/Pearl
6. FRLG
7. USUM
8. S/M
9. ORAS (I really didn't care for Gen 3, too much water and not big on most of the mons in this gen)
10. XY

I don't know if I'm missing any.

50 minutes ago, Danger said:

Any games with remakes will be counted with their most current iteration:

1. BW2
2. HGSS
3. Platinum
4. BW
5. Diamond/Pearl
6. FRLG
7. USUM
8. S/M
9. ORAS (I really didn't care for Gen 3, too much water and not big on most of the mons in this gen)
10. XY

I don't know if I'm missing any.

I haven't played all of them, but my favorites are...

1. Gold & Silver
2. Red & Blue
3. X & Y
4. Ruby & Sapphire

I don't really count the remakes or third games as their own thing. 

44 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

1. Gold & Silver
2. Red & Blue
3. X & Y
4. Ruby & Sapphire

Pretty spot on with your rankings, I’d probably throw Black and White 2 at 4 and move Ruby down one spot.

Hopefully the one coming out in 2019 is a solid addition as CWood said, I thought SM and USM were pretty bad and way too gimmicky as well. 

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:
1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

1. Gold & Silver
2. Red & Blue
3. X & Y
4. Ruby & Sapphire

Pretty spot on with your rankings, I’d probably throw Black and White 2 at 4 and move Ruby down one spot.

Hopefully the one coming out in 2019 is a solid addition as CWood said, I thought SM and USM were pretty bad and way too gimmicky as well. 

I'm with you guys mostly. I liked BW the most out of anything post Gameboy Advanced. 

24 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Meow.  Honestly, I'm taking a wait and see approach with these games.  SM and USUM really almost killed the series for me.  They were terrible.

Sun/Moon were really damn bad for me. Hated the new twist with the totem or whatever they were called, honestly only played it once so I forget their proper name. The hand-holding that has been in the last few games was mind blowing the first few hours and stuck throughout the whole game. 

I got Ultra Moon with hopes that considering it was a sequel it would have less of the hand-holding, and how wrong I was. I only played a couple hours of it. Terrible

Was the first core game in the series I didn't do another play-through right after I beat it for the first time. There wasn't a single enjoyable thing about it for me. 

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

SM and USUM were way too linear.  Hopefully with the Switch we will see a bit more "openness" involved with the games.  Obviously, they're going to have some level of linearity, but it needs to be significantly less hand holding like SM and USUM were.

11 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I started playing the older games via emulator and realized I don't think I've ever played Diamond/Pearl.  I've never even heard of any of the starters before haha

I played Fire Red/Leaf Green and Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald probably 20 times each on a GBA emulator. Being able to play it at 10x speed ruined Pokemon for me for a while

• Like 1