Everything Pokemon Thread!

6 hours ago, JonStark said:

Question: So I’ve only played the first few games, but played them a lot. Will the new generation game coming out later this year include all of the Pokémon from previous generations or just the new ones?

Still not confirmed.  Based on previous generations, you'll have the ability to get all the Pokemon into the new generation.  Other than moving from GSC to RSE, they've created a way to move Pokemon from one generation to another.  Will they be found in the game?  Probably not.  You'll probably get some, but not all.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 4:11 PM, JonStark said:

Question: So I’ve only played the first few games, but played them a lot. Will the new generation game coming out later this year include all of the Pokémon from previous generations or just the new ones?

Assuming it follows suit with other generations, the answer is kind of both. The past few gens have had all of the new Pokemon, along with some of the old Pokemon available during the core playthrough of the main story, 8 badges, elite four, etc. Then once you're past the elite four, the post-game introduces a substantially larger number of the older Pokemon through either new areas, new mechanics, items, or just by making them start to show up. Even then though, I don't think it's ever reached the point where ALL of the Pokemon are available, unless you count trades or imports. In X/Y a little under 600 of the 700+ Pokemon were available. In Sun/Moon about 400 of the 800ish Pokemon were available. And typically a pretty hefty number of those unavailable Pokemon are things like old starters or legendaries. It wouldn't make sense, for example, to have Ho-Oh catchable in every single region (though occasionally they find special ways to make stuff like that happen, so you don't have to go way back to catch and transfer through multiple gens.)

• Like 1

Okay so, I'm playing Pokemon Lets Go Eevee.  I caught a Pokemon with a great throw and then it pops out.  I caught again with an excellent throw then it pops out again and then runs away.  Why did this happen?  The game suggested that I throw down a berry at first, so I did that and it still popped out.

The next Pokemon I caught, the same thing happened.  After the second throw, I gave him a berry and the circle went from yellow to green.  So I'm assuming he was too high of a Pokemon for me to catch and I maybe weakened him a bit with the berry?

Also, what do Pokemon with those blue effects around them mean?  That I've caught a bunch of them so now they have that effect or does it mean something else?

I'm just assuming things because this game doesn't tell you why things are happening.

7 hours ago, showtime said:

Okay so, I'm playing Pokemon Lets Go Eevee.  I caught a Pokemon with a great throw and then it pops out.  I caught again with an excellent throw then it pops out again and then runs away.  Why did this happen?  The game suggested that I throw down a berry at first, so I did that and it still popped out.

The next Pokemon I caught, the same thing happened.  After the second throw, I gave him a berry and the circle went from yellow to green.  So I'm assuming he was too high of a Pokemon for me to catch and I maybe weakened him a bit with the berry?

Also, what do Pokemon with those blue effects around them mean?  That I've caught a bunch of them so now they have that effect or does it mean something else?

I'm just assuming things because this game doesn't tell you why things are happening.

I can’t elaborate on that but all I can tell you is the method for catching pokemon is different in the original installments and makes more sense. 

8 hours ago, showtime said:

Each pokemon has his own catch rate so different pokemon are harder to catch where other are easier. Berries improve the chance of catching that pokemon and using better balls also increases the chance. This is illustrated with the circles. After that the throw increases the chance to actually catch it.

The blue and red effects mean that the pokemon is either bigger or smaller in size. The size doesn't really change anything besides just being bigger. If it has yellow sparkles around it it means its Shiny and it has a different color scheme compared to usual.

Edited by Justone2

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’m playing through Kanto via Fire Red right now. If you wanna meet up once you get decently far, let me know. 

Oh I am at the Elite 4 in Black lol. I haven't done any of the MMO stuff except  buy a few pokemon I wanted.

Wait? I can travel to Kanto without the rom?

30 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Oh I am at the Elite 4 in Black lol. I haven't done any of the MMO stuff except  buy a few pokemon I wanted.

Wait? I can travel to Kanto without the rom?

Nah, you need to load the rom for it.

But once you have 4 badges, you can travel to another area. 

Just now, pwny said:

Nah, you need to load the rom for it.

But once you have 4 badges, you can travel to another area. 

Ah gotcha. If I were to load the rom for firered, do I then get to play through the kanto with my current team and they just reduce the levels or is it like a new game?

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Ah gotcha. If I were to load the rom for firered, do I then get to play through the kanto with my current team and they just reduce the levels or is it like a new game?

All the Pokémon you have are sent to your PC, and you start over with your level cap reset to the beginning. So you should be able to use anything you already have that is under your level cap, and as your cap increases, you’ll be able to get back all your Pokémon.

The Key Items and HMs reset, but you keep all your money and all other items including TMs.