Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

@BayRaider you are selling bears way short. They wont be a top 5 pick team. We might not even get a top 10 pick out of it. Vegas already moved them from 100 to 1 to 45 to 1 to win the superbowl. 

My sorry didn’t the Raiders just go 6-10 with Mack and a superior offense .  Now all of a sudden he’s gonna make Chicago into a playoff team? 

26 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

It happens where 3 teams from a division makes the playoffs, so in this scenario it would mean that only 1 team from the other divisions make the post season:

East - Eagles

West - Rams

South - Saints

North - Packers, Bears, Vikings

I think 10-6 will be required, because the 49ers could get to 10-6 or better, some expect them to be there.  NFC north is a strong division or so it seems as of now on paper

Hey, by no means do I think the Bears are great. Check our forum. I expect 7 or 8 wins due to expected offensive ups and downs, but from reading his post it seems like he thought 3 teams from one division can’t make the playoffs. That’s all.

IIRC, the NFC South got 3 teams in two years ago or so.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Before Mack, they are a 5-6 win team. With Mack a 7-8 win team. NFC has a lot of good teams. Packers, Vikings, Eagles, Rams, 49ers, Seahawks, Saints, Falcons, Panthers, and arguably Cowboys, Redskins, and Lions are better than the Bears. Even with Mack. 

If you think they a 7 or 8 win team, how did you think they would net us a top 5 pick. 7 or 8 win team means 9 to 15. Depending on how it breaks down. 

20 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

If you think they a 7 or 8 win team, how did you think they would net us a top 5 pick. 7 or 8 win team means 9 to 15. Depending on how it breaks down. 

Before we traded Mack to the Bears, I thought their pick would be Top 5 100%. They still have a ton of questions marks and play in the best division in football. 5-11 is possible. 7-8 seems likely now but it's hard to imagine Mack can boost them up 3 whole wins. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Before we traded Mack to the Bears, I thought their pick would be Top 5 100%. They still have a ton of questions marks and play in the best division in football. 5-11 is possible. 7-8 seems likely now but it's hard to imagine Mack can boost them up 3 whole wins. 

See here is the problem. First if they get to a bad start, they are not gonna tank now, which will make it even harder for them to get in top 5. A 6 win team could be the 9th or 10th pick of the draft. So yeah i dont see any way we get a top 5 pick out of this. We be lucky to get a top 10 pick one year and a top 15 pick the next. 

8 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Hey, by no means do I think the Bears are great. Check our forum. I expect 7 or 8 wins due to expected offensive ups and downs, but from reading his post it seems like he thought 3 teams from one division can’t make the playoffs. That’s all.

IIRC, the NFC South got 3 teams in two years ago or so.

It can happen, it's just unlikely. It's happened three times in either conference since 2002 realignment. For good reason--there are 6 games between the 3 potential teams, or 6 losses.

Bears in my mind are getting 3 or 4. Even being generous and putting them at 9-7 I have them out of playoffs. Like I said when you originally quoted me, they need a lot to go right even at 9-7. That would mean Packers/Vikings falling off, hence my original statement. 

If Bears were a 6 win team before the trade they are not a 10 win team now. Mack is otherworldly but he doesn't throw the ball.

The Bears could put a pretty strong defense on the field IMO. 

That front 7 could be really good under Fangio.

Their offense on the other hand has lots of ?s. Their OL looks weak to me, so this might not be a Rams 2.0 with Matt Nagy and Trubisky.

They also happen to be in the same division as the Packers and Vikings! I can't really see them taking over those 2 squads...

Rodgers is still one of the best, their D looks good on paper again!

The Vikings have one of the better rosters overall and should be a lot stronger and balanced then the Bears IMO.

I can see a 0-4 or 1-3 for the Bears against these teams easily...Even the Lions could go 1-1 with them IMO.

With that said we might end up with 2 TOP 15 picks next year...

23 minutes ago, Rolni said:

The Bears could put a pretty strong defense on the field IMO. 

That front 7 could be really good under Fangio.

Their offense on the other hand has lots of ?s. Their OL looks weak to me, so this might not be a Rams 2.0 with Matt Nagy and Trubisky.

They also happen to be in the same division as the Packers and Vikings! I can't really see them taking over those 2 squads...

Rodgers is still one of the best, their D looks good on paper again!

The Vikings have one of the better rosters overall and should be a lot stronger and balanced then the Bears IMO.

I can see a 0-4 or 1-3 for the Bears against these teams easily...Even the Lions could go 1-1 with them IMO.

With that said we might end up with 2 TOP 15 picks next year...

I'd say top 15 is pretty easy projection. The issue is, trading a guy like Mack you'd hope for 2 top 5 picks.

I just hope the wheels fall completely off in Chicago so the Raiders have a shot at some top talent. Bosa, Olliver are both top 5 guys if not #1 overall caliber. 

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The issue is, trading a guy like Mack you'd hope for 2 top 5 picks.

I hope you're not saying some team would trade 2 top 5 picks (already knowing that's what they are) for Mack. I'm 100% positive, If we had traded Mack for picks in a draft with a known order (so somewhere between the end of the season and the draft) we would have never got 2 1st. Teams value the picks they can use now way too much for this happen. We got 2 1st because they're future picks. That's what Gruden hinted at yesterday when asked why they traded Mack now and not after the season.

Archived