What would you offer for Khalil Mack?

Humble_Beast

I'm skeptical the Raiders would let him go. But I would be ok with the Lions starting with their first and second round picks next year and then seeing if the Raiders want any of their players who aren't named Stafford or Slay. The Lions have really good depth in the secondary and could probably spare a WR. Then just add some other picks to finish it out.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

which part are you talking about, because I don't think that contract is awful at all...I think it's pretty realistic to be honest. Von Miller got 70 million in guarantees and that contract was signed two years ago. The contract that @SDotNova is proposing is essentially Miller's contract with one less year and a slightly higher AAV. The trade is a little light in compensation, but I get if that is what he is willing to offer. 

One the Agent for Mack would be fired for the reasons you just pointed out and the Raiders wouldn't be sending a 2nd back in return to start.

Flip side as I've mentioned before. You will be hard pressed to find teams that are willing to pay 20+/100+ "on top" of giving away 1st Rd picks like their candy.

Yes Mack is better then the vast majority of 1st Rd picks that could come out in next year's draft. Problem is Organizations don't Know who those players will be so most are hesitant to give away high draft capital. Let alone numerous picks.

Mack at His eventual absurd contract

The next Bradley Chubb on a 5 rookie deal plus 2-3 other FA for the same $20m/$100m+?

It's not as simple (black/white) as most are making it out to be. That's all.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

One the Agent for Mack would be fired for the reasons you just pointed out and the Raiders wouldn't be sending a 2nd back in return to start.

Flip side as I've mentioned before. You will be hard pressed to find teams that are willing to pay 20+/100+ "on top" of giving away 1st Rd picks like their candy.

Yes Mack is better then the vast majority of 1st Rd picks that could come out in next year's draft. Problem is Organizations don't Know who those players will be so most are hesitant to give away high draft capital. Let alone numerous picks.

Mack at His eventual absurd contract

The next Bradley Chubb on a 5 rookie deal plus 2-3 other FA for the same $20m/$100m+?

It's not as simple (black/white) as most are making it out to be. That's all.

Oh yeah, I get it f you're talking from the trade standpoint altogether. That makes sense. I thought you talking strictly on the basis of the contract. While the trade probably won't happen IRL to anyone, I do think a contract similar to the one he proposed likely will from some team if they don't just tag him outright for 2 years and take his prime long term deal years away. 

In terms of the trade, you have to factor in where a team is likely to pick, the Jets are likely picking in the top 10. If you assume the Jets pick 8th and the Raiders pick 10th, then the trade I proposed values Mack at pick 16 or so. That’s where I think he should be valued from a trade perspective. 

As a comparison, if the Eagles came in and offered two 1st, that deal is likely going to be worth less than the Jets 1st round pick. Since they are likely picking in the bottom 3 slots for the foreseeable future.

@Forge

@Nabbs4u

I would swap Aaron Donald straight up. And I believe it's realistic because...

- Only player that could match his value individually. They are arguably the #1 and #2 defensive players in the NFL not including a healthy JJ Watt.

-Rams rumored to offer Donald $21mil per. Making him the highest defensive player of all time. Donald's agents want $25mil per (QB money). I don't think he's worth that as much as I love him. So we would get a player that hopefully would love to be come the highest defensive player of all time and I get the feeling Gruden isn't willing to pay Mack that much. Which leads me to why he would want to pay Donald....

-Gruden loved Warren Sapp. Donald is Sapp 2.0, if not better.

Rams get Mack and still have Suh and Brockers on that DLine. Wade Phillips gets his new Demarcus Ware/ Von Miller OLB.

Raiders/Gruden get the next Warren Sapp.

No draft picks exchanged to potentially destroy each franchise. Just allocating money to positions each team values more.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I would swap Aaron Donald straight up. And I believe it's realistic because...

- Only player that could match his value individually. They are arguably the #1 and #2 defensive players in the NFL not including a healthy JJ Watt.

-Rams rumored to offer Donald $21mil per. Making him the highest defensive player of all time. Donald's agents want $25mil per (QB money). I don't think he's worth that as much as I love him. So we would get a player that hopefully would love to be come the highest defensive player of all time and I get the feeling Gruden isn't willing to pay Mack that much. Which leads me to why he would want to pay Donald....

-Gruden loved Warren Sapp. Donald is Sapp 2.0, if not better.

Rams get Mack and still have Suh and Brockers on that DLine. Wade Phillips gets his new Demarcus Ware/ Von Miller OLB.

Raiders/Gruden get the next Warren Sapp.

No draft picks exchanged to potentially destroy each franchise. Just allocating money to positions each team values more.

I would love Donald, but then we are in the same place with Donald as we are in with Mack and vice versa with the Rams.  Donald is better than Sapp, imo and probably the most valuable defensive player in the league going forward(Mack right behind him).  I don’t think this solves an issue for either team, just changes the name/player that the $20mil goes to for each team.

1 minute ago, daineraider said:

I would love Donald, but then we are in the same place with Donald as we are in with Mack and vice versa with the Rams.  Donald is better than Sapp, imo and probably the most valuable defensive player in the league going forward(Mack right behind him).  I don’t think this solves an issue for either team, just changes the name/player that the $20mil goes to for each team.

I would love to get Donald for $20mil, but that's not his asking price. My assumption with this is that Gruden would be billing to pay Donald $25mil a year and Mack would be willing to accept $21mil a year. So everyone wins. It's never that easy though.

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I would love to get Donald for $20mil, but that's not his asking price. My assumption with this is that Gruden would be billing to pay Donald $25mil a year and Mack would be willing to accept $21mil a year. So everyone wins. It's never that easy though.

Snead is saying you guys are in the same zip code now at least, so that's a positive. 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Snead is saying you guys are in the same zip code now at least, so that's a positive. 

Snead is a smooth talker so it could be BS, but I hope it just means haggling over the details. Rams have all the leverage here, but i just want him locked up and in camp already. Sickening to think Rams passed on Mack for Greg Robinson. You never know how the rest of a draft could play out with one change, but if Rams had Mack and Donald now with Suh and Peters we would be talk about all time greatness.

Mack is worth 2 firsts as a player. 21m a season with a ton guaranteed knocks that down to a 2nd though.

Raiders aren’t letting him go to anyone for a second. He will miss some time then ultimately cave because the CBA is set up to give all the power to the organization. Raiders will end up franchising him next year or if they get creative give him a headline grabbing deal that basically is just a short term deal until the team moves to nevada and the state income tax thing no longer works against them. Mack then gets the money in his pocket vs the money in the headline. 

On 8/8/2018 at 2:33 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

And you know this how?

Your leverage claim is based on a tenuous conclusion (small signing bonuses means you don’t have the money to alot for a big contract guarantee) in which lacking even the slightest concrete evidence. Do you have a source suggesting that Mark Davis can’t pay Mack? Is it credible?

So the Raiders won't offer mack a long term deal bcause mark won't pay out of pocket? Please.

You really think a hall of fame caliber player will sit out games during his prime being paid 14 million dollars this year, which is fully guaranteed, to leverage himself out of a team that drafted him? What kind of precedent/message does this send to other teams in the league? That you’ll stop playing for your team the moment you don’t get paid? What are you basing this off? Pure speculation.

Just like your comment that the Raiders CAN’T pay mack and HAVE to trade him.

I have no problem with people posting hypotheticals about what they would/wouldn’t give up for Mack. But acting like the Raiders have to/will trade Mack is ludicrous, especially with the “proof” that you’ve given.

Don’t dig yourself any deeper.

Do I have a concrete source showing mark davis' account balances and a deficiency that wouldn't allow them to actually pay mack? No. 

With that being said, it is well known that the raiders have never been considered a wealthy team. The Raiders are essentially the Davis family's only revenue stream. They are billionaires for the sole reason that they own an NFL team. What about the time where Al Davis had to sell non-voting stock in order to make payroll? That was well documented. You don't see that in other fanchises, or at least you don't hear about it. 

I'll repeat this again because you keep ignoring it: all guaranteed money needs to be put into an escrow account. They just paid Carr 70 million in guarantees, and gruden another 100 million. I'm not sure if coaches contracts are required to be put in escrow, but if it does, then that's some significant money mark davis tied up in the last 14 months. 

I drive around a fair amount for work and all of the radio heads on 95.7 the game (raiders flagship) seem to insinuate that the Raiders don't have the physical dollars in the bank to be able to put the kind of guaranteed money mack wants. IF that is the case, then the raiders have less leverage than you seem to think. 

I'm not just making stuff up, there are "rumblings" about what I am saying. I think there is a reason that it took a lot of private money to build a stadium. Mark davis' NEEDED IT. 

If Mack is so great, and the raiders have the money, why not pay mack then? What is the hold up? Why is he holding out? The raiders clearly want him, so if they have the money, you would think they would be closer to a deal than they appear to be from the outside. 

"no progress. No optimism. No communication. And so, the holdout continues."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/09/raiders-khalil-mack-still-not-talking/amp/ 

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

Do I have a concrete source showing mark davis' account balances and a deficiency that wouldn't allow them to actually pay mack? No. 

With that being said, it is well known that the raiders have never been considered a wealthy team. The Raiders are essentially the Davis family's only revenue stream. They are billionaires for the sole reason that they own an NFL team. What about the time where Al Davis had to sell non-voting stock in order to make payroll? That was well documented. You don't see that in other fanchises, or at least you don't hear about it. 

I'll repeat this again because you keep ignoring it: all guaranteed money needs to be put into an escrow account. They just paid Carr 70 million in guarantees, and gruden another 100 million. I'm not sure if coaches contracts are required to be put in escrow, but if it does, then that's some significant money mark davis tied up in the last 14 months. 

I drive around a fair amount for work and all of the radio heads on 95.7 the game (raiders flagship) seem to insinuate that the Raiders don't have the physical dollars in the bank to be able to put the kind of guaranteed money mack wants. IF that is the case, then the raiders have less leverage than you seem to think. 

I'm not just making stuff up, there are "rumblings" about what I am saying. I think there is a reason that it took a lot of private money to build a stadium. Mark davis' NEEDED IT. 

If Mack is so great, and the raiders have the money, why not pay mack then? What is the hold up? Why is he holding out? The raiders clearly want him, so if they have the money, you would think they would be closer to a deal than they appear to be from the outside. 

"no progress. No optimism. No communication. And so, the holdout continues."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/09/raiders-khalil-mack-still-not-talking/amp/ 

Mhm. By the same logic, why haven't the rams paid donald?

Archived