How're those Rookies Doing? TC/PS Edition

Chiefer

The name of the site says it all hows your favorite teams rookies doing?

1st used on Mahomes. Whos looking good so far in camp. Testing and learning, very coachable.

2) Breeland Speaks DE/DT/OLB -

been solid so far. Hasnt been terrible.

3) Derrick Nnadi - DT/NT

Run stopper as advertised. Hurt his elbow today.

3) Dorian O'Daniel - S/LB

Needs to catch up to the speed of the game on 3rd string.

4) Armani Watts - S

Hurt his ankle but made it back out there this week. Earned some 1st team reps always a good sign

5) Tremon Smith - CB

3rd string doubling as a kick returner

6) Kahlil McKenzie - G

Position switch from defense. Heard hes picking things up well.

Its early so ill update more as time goes on.

- Justin Reid and Kareem Jackson are rotating at S opposite Tyrann Mathieu, and neither have really gained an advantage on the other. Reid might be a longer term asset to use.

- Martinas Rankin is recovering from foot surgery, so he's probably not going to be much this upcoming season at RT.

- Jordan Akins is getting outplayed by Jordan Thomas (a 6th round rookie) and both are outplaying Stephen Anderson at TE. Ryan Griffin hasn't been heard of much, so looks like Thomas might get some early PT.

- Keke Coutee has been a revelation at slot WR and has really overachieved so far. We'll see if this translates out to game day, but there's legitimate discussion of Coutee being the starting slot WR, ahead of Bruce Ellington and Braxton Miller.

Nobody else has even been mentioned at this point.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

- Justin Reid and Kareem Jackson are rotating at S opposite Tyrann Mathieu, and neither have really gained an advantage on the other. Reid might be a longer term asset to use.

- Martinas Rankin is recovering from foot surgery, so he's probably not going to be much this upcoming season at RT.

- Jordan Akins is getting outplayed by Jordan Thomas (a 6th round rookie) and both are outplaying Stephen Anderson at TE. Ryan Griffin hasn't been heard of much, so looks like Thomas might get some early PT.

- Keke Coutee has been a revelation at slot WR and has really overachieved so far. We'll see if this translates out to game day, but there's legitimate discussion of Coutee being the starting slot WR, ahead of Bruce Ellington and Braxton Miller.

Nobody else has even been mentioned at this point.

I wanted the Chiefs to draft Keke so bad. He was great in college and played with Mahomes.

Glad hes doing well so far

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

I wanted the Chiefs to draft Keke so bad. He was great in college and played with Mahomes.

Glad hes doing well so far

He's been a stud, at a position of dire need - Hopkins will command attention and Fuller will get open downfield enough to keep defenses honest. Deshaun Watson has some real faith in Coutee to make a play and he'll get some juicy one-on-one matchups, so I'm really thinking he's going to have a very strong rookie season.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He's been a stud, at a position of dire need - Hopkins will command attention and Fuller will get open downfield enough to keep defenses honest. Deshaun Watson has some real faith in Coutee to make a play and he'll get some juicy one-on-one matchups, so I'm really thinking he's going to have a very strong rookie season.

Im jelly thats all the Chiefs are missing is a slot guy. Still hoping DeAnthony Thomas will turn into something.

Coutee scored really well athletically iirc i think hes gonna a good one.

I guess Braxton is a lost cause.

Taven Bryan is getting mentored by Calais.

Chark had his best day of camp today. Beat Ramsey twice. Should be a legitimate downfield threat.

Players have been raving about Ronnie Harrison. 

Havent heard much about Will Richardson.

Tanner Lee still stinks.

Leon Jacobs will probably start at SAM for us. Getting all the reps with the 1’s.

1. QB Josh Allen- Very up and down. Has some bad misses but also makes throws that Peterman and McCarron just can not make. Allen will wow you and then start to struggle. Good news is he is getting more 1st team reps that he had been getting and his mistakes haven't led to many turnover in camp.

1. LB Tremaine Edmunds- Dude is a monster. Just had an interception today in practice. He has really took control as the leader of the defense. He is the real deal. I could see DROY here. He has the football iq, instincts, the size the athletism. Just needs to gain that experience as he is so young.

3. DT Harrison Phillips- Been used as a 1 technique behind Star Lotulelei.  Hearing good things. Got some starting reps at the 3 Tech when Kyle Williams had a rest day. Good run stuffer. But probably a backup until Kyle retires.

4. CB Taron Johnson- Haven't heard much. Just know he is splitting time with Phillip Gaines at the starting Nicole position. 

5. S Siran Neal- Been on the 3rd team behind Rafael Bush and Jordon Poyer. Haven't heard a thing.

5.  OG Wyatt Tellar- Has had some nice competition with Phillips in 1 on 1 drills. Wouldn't surprise me if he get 1st team reps tomorrow as Ducasse had a terrible day today.

6. WR Ray Ray McCloud- Seems to be doing alright but other young reciever have stepped out ahead of him. UDFA Robert Foster, UDFA Cam Phillips, last year UDFAs Brandon Reilley and Malachi Dupree have all looked good and seem to be ahead of him on the depth chart. However Ray Ray could make team as a returner.

7.  WR Austin Proehl- Probably a lock for the practice squad.

Rashaan Evans-Been out with a "mysterious" injury the past few practices. Hopefully it isn't too serious. Was somewhat quiet when he was practicing besides flashing his athleticism here and there.

Harold Landry-Has been getting first team reps with Orakpo out with an injury. Had his best practice today, getting two "sacks". Has been stonewalled by Lewan in 1 on 1s, which honestly should be expected, but should help him longterm. Heard he's flashed a Von Miller like dip move which has me excited.

Dane Cruikshank-Has flashed here and there. Been pretty decent for a 6th round pick.

Luke Falk-Everything I've seen says he started off alright but he has fallen off a cliff in recent practices, displaying a weak arm and questionable accuracy. Will be interesting to watch him in live preseason action to see if he is our #3 on the 53 man team or if we can maybe sneak him onto our PS.

Also UDFA WR Deontay Burnett & CB Rico Gafford are two names who could potentially sneak onto the 53 man team. Both have flashed throughout TC.

seventh rounder Auden tate is getting more ink than any other Bengal rookie not named Billy Price.  He makes highlight reel catches on a daily basis.  

Price has had a few bad snaps, but he only did shotgun in his only season at center at tOSU.  Hard to tell much more with only one or two padded practices.

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Armani Watts - S

stud

5 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

1. LB Tremaine Edmunds- Dude is a monster. Just had an interception today in practice. He has really took control as the leader of the defense. He is the real deal. I could see DROY here. He has the football iq, instincts, the size the athletism. Just needs to gain that experience as he is so young.

This is good to read. I hope he puts it together. So much potential.

5 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Luke Falk-Everything I've seen says he started off alright but he has fallen off a cliff in recent practices, displaying a weak arm and questionable accuracy. Will be interesting to watch him in live preseason action to see if he is our #3 on the 53 man team or if we can maybe sneak him onto our PS.

Unfortunately I'm not surprised. Hope he can pick it and turn it around.

5 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

Courtland Sutton

stud

27 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Auden tate

Very encouraging to know he is doing well.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Denzel Ward has been the star the moment he started practicing. Baker has been impressive.

Both unsurprising results. Ward is a borderline DROY favorite and Mayfield could be one on offense if he weren't learning behind Tyrod Taylor to start his career.

Ravens

- Hayden Hurst: He's soft, already missed some time, and has been slow to regain form now back practicing again. Before the missed time though he was perfect. 

- Lamar Jackson: Jackson is starting to keep a wider base, and has responded to the coaching provided. Inconsistencies remain with his accuracy, so as expected he's still an "In Progress" product. He's farther in his development than anticipated at this point, but still far from ready. 

- Orlando Brown Jr: Has the starting Right Tackle position all but locked up, and is battling a talented group of pass rushers daily. Big strides have been made from OTAs to now.

- Mark Andrews: Just like Hurst he's been fine and productive when healthy but is proving to be soft as well. 

- Anthony Averett: Averett has been a star throughout camp. His high level play snuck up on all of us. No one has a reason to over hype Averett. Nor did anyone expect him to show out like this, so it's a welcomed surprise. I'm excited to see if he can carry it over to the preseason games now. 

- Kenny Young:  Young is in an equal competition with Onwuasor for the WILL spot right now. His skills and instincts in coverage have stood out. Whoever performs best in the preseason games will win the job.

- Jaleel Scott:  Scott like any rookie receiver has had ups and downs transitioning his total game to the pro level but his stronger aspects have carried right over. He's been an immediate RedZone weapon, using his size and 50/50 skills to come down with multiple TDs.

- Jordan Lasley: Las is exactly how he was on his college cut ups. Big play machine with a few emotional and concentration issues mixed in. As expected he's drastically outperformed his 5th round status and is pushing the receivers above him on the depth chart. He's another camp star that should show up in preseason. 

- DeShon Elliot: Not testing as an elite athlete hurt his stock more than it should have. He's been great so far, dishing out huge hits and performing in coverage. 

- Greg Senat: Injured.

- Bradley Bozeman: From what's been reported he hasn't gotten many reps and when he has there's been some miscues.

- Zach Sieler: Flashing his athleticism, and impressing coaches. Pretty standard commentary on a DL pick early, everyone's waiting to see what's up in game.

UDFAs

- Darious Williams CB UAB: Another rookie corner balling out. He's rarely giving up any completions and has been a stand out.

- Mark Thompson HB Florida: A big and powerful runner that has grabbed attention with his physical attributes and splash plays. His blocking has also been praised.

- Kaare Vedvik K/P Marshall: Obviously with Justin Tucker and Sam Koch in house he has ZERO chance of making the roster, but the Raven's strong ST coaching staff and history has attracted some great prospects in the past and he's no different. Vedvik is hitting 50 and 60 yard field goals at an impressive clip, in addition to booming punts. He'll definitely make another team's 53.

Archived