Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I have to disagree with Peter King on this one.

The locker room wants to win, and they want to get paid as well.  If the Raiders can use the picks to bring in more talent, and they can pay multiple other guys with that money, they will be fine.

You still have to think you'd try everything in your power to keep your best player.

CHI is essentially taking a gamble that they didn't totally whiff on Trubisky.  If Trubisky proves to be a semi-competent QB, CHI won't regret this trade.  If Trubisky is awful, they probably will.  Seems like a reasonable risk to me.  I think in general, fans tend to overrate the value of high draft picks as if they are guaranteed to be blue chip players.  In fact, they are far from that.  If I'm the Bears GM, I'd take Mack in his prime at ~22M over two future RD1 picks all day, every day.

Depending on what they POTENTIALLY give up this is a good move by Chicago. You win with superstars. Fortunatley, Trubisky sucks. Keep in mind they have the RIGHT to negotiate with him. Doesn't mean they will sign him, but with Donald setting the bar the Bears have to know what the market price Mack is going to want.

20 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Let Mack go.  Just too much for a non QB when we already have the highest paid QB in history.

New focus:  Shane Ray AND Earl Thomas.  Both are in positions of availability and cost effective.

Personally I would like to take a shot at Thomas, I feel he would have a galvanizing effect on the defense much like Eugene Robinson did back in the '90s.  Seattle is reloading and we could probably include Josh Jones.

LIS.

Even if he does play he's not going to be fully ready.

This is not great news, but it is even worse for the Queens and Lions. At least we have OT (when healthy) to deal with this.

Cousins and Stafford just let out a little whine and a whimper.  Bears just went 4-2 in the division.

Archived