EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

2 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

My dream is David and Patrick Schick in the summer.  I'm a bit wary of Schick's injury history, but there are a number of options I'm alright with.  I just can't get on board with some of the names that some people are bandying about that have only worked in two-forward lineups previously; yes, those types of players certainly can adapt to working as a tip-of-the-spear striker but they tend to lack the kind of versatility to play with fluidity throughout the box (i.e. shifting to not only cover but to be able to be effective in the zone they're shifting into when one of the wide players makes an inside channel run on a cut).  Go back and watch Giroud, he lacked ideal pace for the job, but he was stellar at doing this whenever Ramsey and even Alexis made these sort of runs.

Thought Kasper Dolberg was hitting Arsenal last summer. Then they went Odegaards direction.

Dont think that lineup could go wrong with David or Dolberg.

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thought Kasper Dolberg was hitting Arsenal last summer. Then they went Odegaards direction.

Dont think that lineup could go wrong with David or Dolberg.

Which was a good move, as getting Øde is a world class move if he continues with this run of form and develops into a constant elegant footballer that he is/could be.

And I also feel like it is easier to add a complimentary piece in attack once our midfield and wings are set in stone, which is what we've done so, as we have just discussed, we can now clearly see what type of attacker we need to take this squad to the next level, hopefully.

Also, if we get CL football we are most likely signing two strikers (granted both Laca and Nketiah don't resign, which they won't) so that should be very, very exciting.

I'm personally all in on Jonathan David, but before we get to that, let's just get that top 4 and then we can dream a little and be properly excited again. And I must say, it is a feeling I've well and truly missed, to say the least.

2 hours ago, kempus said:

Top 4 is going to be a battle to the end. None of the teams want to cement their place.

4-7 battle has gotten exciting. 3 lost the previous week together. Tots and Ars with games in hand.

Enjoying Everton vs Watford for the 18 spot as well. Everton has the government, EPL and all else doing everything possible to keep them up. Yet they dont look like they could finish top half of Championship right now.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

A hat trick against psg and Chelsea 2 games in a row is impressive. To say it's not is stupid. He's been on a rampage for the past 2 years 

I thought he had just 1 vs PSG.

Def didnt look 34 out there.

18 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Great weekend. Only 3 of the top 10 won.

Toons held the Wolves back on Friday for those in front. Which Ars, WHU and MU all capitalized on by embarrassing themselves.

Everton, Brentford and B&H... Really? Thats your losses?

We did embarrass ourselves, but FA VAR officials made it pristinely clear that they're crooked as hell.  Only used to overturn "a clear and obvious mistake" except when our agenda dictates that we need to spend 4 minutes looking for a potential mistake and when even that doesn't present itself, let's just overturn a goal on the basis of a wild guess that it  could have been offside even though we have no evidence to substantiate that.  We didn't deserve a win or even points in that match; what we did deserve was impartial officiating... which wasn't present.