Jalen Ramsey's QB Tiers

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

After the ball is thrown, they’re at the same level. Both safeties are the two deepest Jaguars once the ball is let loose. 

You're saying the strong side FS, the one 15 yards down field and starts in a backwards motion, is “sitting flat”? Cyprien makes little effort to get to the middle of the field or over the top of the other safety. I’ll draw this up for you if you want.

cool story bro, its clear we're looking at different things. you want to be stubborn or intentionally thick,  thats cool i guess. one safety immediately breaks to the out (i.e. your underneath zone) and you have another that wasnt in ideal starting position either by scheme or poor execution but hes bailing deep. the corner opposite ramsey is bailing deep. ramsey starts to go deep but bites underneath for a split second. Again, if you draw up a super basic cover three, outside of poor execution this is what it looks like. 

@GSUeagles14

23u1jsg.jpg

You have Ramsey up top, the FS lined up 15 yards down field, the SS about 7 yards from the LOS, and the other CB on the bottom - all in blue. 

The yellow lines are the routes the receivers run. 

The red lines are the paths of the DBs.

2ns06mq.jpg

Here is the moment of release. 

All 4 DBs in blue, are playing deep. Ramsey and the FS don’t know where the ball is going. Ramsey hesitates to play the corner route. The FS full on breaks to the sideline. 

They’re lined up exactly how you would be in a blitzing cover 4 call. You’re either blind or lying if you think the two safeties “aren’t playing the same level”.

EDIT: Could be a cover 2 combo. 

39 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

and their new defensive coordinator is the guy responsible for Baltimore missing the playoffs each of the last 2 seasons. 

Actually if Marlon Humphrey wasn't an idiot, Weddle intercepts the ball and you win. Also, if Canady doesn't completely turn his back to the play he could have easily wrapped up Boyd. So don't put all the blame on Pees when those two were responsible for wetting themselves.

Also, I will take being the 6th ranked scoring defense, 12th in yards allowed, 9th in 1st downs allowed,  and 1st in takeaways all day everyday xD

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Actually if Marlon Humphrey wasn't an idiot, Weddle intercepts the ball and you win. Also, if Canady doesn't completely turn his back to the play he could have easily wrapped up Boyd. So don't put all the blame on Pees when those two were responsible for wetting themselves.

Also, I will take being the 6th ranked scoring defense, 12th in yards allowed, 9th in 1st downs allowed,  and 1st in takeaways all day everyday xD

hey man whatever helps you sleep at night. As long as your defense is loaded with talent at every single level, you'll be fine in the regular season. Until the 4th quarter. Or unless you play against any actually good offense not in the division. There's a reason he was essentially shown the door here.

Also just know that if one player gets injured (a CB or a DL), everything will turn to crap and Pees will blame the players for it.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

What's wrong with what he's saying, though?  It's his opinion and unlike all of us here.... he actually plays the game.  From what I've read, he is not criticizing those players off of the field or attacking them personally (they're low character, bad people, etc).  He's just talking about their play on the field and what his opinion is of them as players.  What's the problem?

He called a player who hasn't even seen the field yet trash... How is that not attacking them personally and basing off play on the field. He is calling other QBs trash while his QB is Blake freaking Bortles lol. Has no room to talk.

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

He called a player who hasn't even seen the field yet trash... How is that not attacking them personally and basing off play on the field. He is calling other QBs trash while his QB is Blake freaking Bortles lol. Has no room to talk.

He said he was trash and referenced his play in college. How is that attacking him personally? 

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

He called a player who hasn't even seen the field yet trash... How is that not attacking them personally and basing off play on the field. 

Pretty clearly not attacking them personally. He said nothing on their character. 

Not sure if you read the article, but he states exactly why he feels Josh Allen is trash - based on his college play. Probably an unfair comment to make, but that’s hardly a personal attack. 

3 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Because he referenced his college play and how Allen struggled against 'bigger' schools.  I don't really know Allen's background, but I read something somewhere that goes in line with what Ramsey is saying.  You're right, his QB is Blake Bortles.  Maybe someone on the Bills should make a statement about Bortles.

18 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Your QB is Josh Allen/McCarron and was Tyrod last year. Get outta here.

He held your team to 3 points in the playoffs. Our team put up 42 in the playoffs against PIT and went toe to toe with Brady in Foxborough. I think he can talk all he wants.

As for Blake, considering how efficient and smart with the ball he was last year (no turnovers in the playoffs), there's little reason to tear Blake up. He played like an average QB last year, I'll take that all day if the team around him is good enough (which it is). Played his best ball against PIT and NE and surely played well enough to win both.

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Pretty clearly not attacking them personally. He said nothing on their character. 

Not sure if you read the article, but he states exactly why he feels Josh Allen is trash - based on his college play. Probably an unfair comment to make, but that’s hardly a personal attack. 

And lets be real, 75% of the FF draft forum has said largelythe same about Allen and I think the majority think he busts. Allen supporters aren't exactly super numerous. 

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Because he referenced his college play and how Allen struggled against 'bigger' schools.  I don't really know Allen's background, but I read something somewhere that goes in line with what Ramsey is saying.  You're right, his QB is Blake Bortles.  Maybe someone on the Bills should make a statement about Bortles.

Blake is an easy punchline, but the dude took care of the ball and balled out at times last year. Also played big in big moments when he needed to. If he continues doing that and taking care of the ball...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-JUdVypOvYYgxyLJOXHj

Crazy for a Bills fan of all people to take a shot at an opposing QB.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Blake is an easy punchline, but the dude took care of the ball and balled out at times last year. Also played big in big moments when he needed to. If he continues doing that and taking care of the ball...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-JUdVypOvYYgxyLJOXHj

Crazy for a Bills fan of all people to take a shot at an opposing QB.

I said this last year and I'll say it again.  Bortles was really good down the stretch of the regular season and he played well enough to help his team win in New England in the AFCCG.

Archived