Jalen Ramsey's QB Tiers

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Elky said:
4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I thought we were just adding random facts that were pertaining to Jalen Ramsey but otherwise completely irrelevant.

His opinion holds merit because he's among the best cornerbacks in the league.

His post wasnt questioning Ramsey's ability to perform his job, it was pointing out the fact that you can be really good or elite at something, and still be stupid and have an opinion on something that people should take with a grain of salt. If he was on Buffalo or Atlanta, his perspective on those quarterbacks, as well as the one in Jacksonville, would be drastically different. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, they started to box pretty seriously. Ward knocked Hopkins' helmet off in the routw, Hopkins still caught the pass (and said a few choice words) and then they went at it. 

Hopkins took the worst of it, from what I saw. If you're not wearing a helmet, those punches get real pretty quickly...

Shook hands after the scuffle though.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

and their new defensive coordinator is the guy responsible for Baltimore missing the playoffs each of the last 2 seasons. 

I'd probably blame that trash bag you guys have at QB more than the defense that was graded top 10 in DVOA both seasons.

Pees has his faults but blaming the defense when Joe Flacco is performing like that is pretty hilarious.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

You are just projecting Watson to continue to go on a tear because of what, 4-6 games? You're expecting Luck, who some thought may not play again, to go back to normal with no hiccups? You think we're going to continue losing every game against a rival in Tennessee?

We also won games against tough teams. Won 2 playoff games, beat SEA, LAC, PIT the first time, etc. and went up to Foxborough and beat them through 3 quarters (we still lost, but...context is good, we were right with them). We dropped games in which we shouldn't have like against Arizona and co.

Not sure what symbolizes last year as a perfect storm besides maybe the rest of the division minus Tennessee being bad, but that doesn't automatically knock us down a peg. We have playoff experience and beat teams last year that should be better than the teams in our division. One would hope we wouldn't drop as many gimmee games like last year too.

Again I just said the perfect storm isnt a bad thing. The Jags have talent and they also have a taste of what a successful season feelings like. I am a fan of both Watson and Luck so it has nothing to do with what I saw from Watson last year. I do think a healthy Luck will make the Colts better. Until I see it, I am not going to think Luck play will fall off a cliff because he had a bad injury. When he was playing, he was playing hurt and still was keeping the Colts in contention. They shut him down to get his shoulder fixed. He couldnt keep playing with a bum shoulder or else his career probably wouldve been cut short. So I am just thinking the Colts and Texans will not be the same teams that get swept by the Jags but its not to say the Jags arent good. Its just going to be tougher.

I have no problem with his talk. I like the trash talk, when the players can back it up at least. When he gets burned he is going to get blasted though, this will be brought up by a lot of fans when he does have a bad to average game.

I'm sure he will win a hell of a lot more situations than he loses.

25 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'd probably blame that trash bag you guys have at QB more than the defense that was graded top 10 in DVOA both seasons.

Pees has his faults but blaming the defense when Joe Flacco is performing like that is pretty hilarious.

For Flacco's faults, he doesn't routinely blow 4th quarter leads in December like Pees does. But hey, what do I know - I'm just a Ravens fan who's watched every Ravens game since Pees came here. Clearly you probably know better than I do.

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I have no problem with his talk. I like the trash talk, when the players can back it up at least. When he gets burned he is going to get blasted though, this will be brought up by a lot of fans when he does have a bad to average game.

I'm sure he will win a hell of a lot more situations than he loses.

Ramsey can blame it on scheme worse case scenario. :)

3 hours ago, showtime said:

So?  That's what Deion decided to do.  That doesn't mean Ramsey has to follow along.  Also, like I said before... This is just his opinions about players on the field.  He's not getting arrested for anything serious and he's not even taking shots at people's character.  It's really not that big of a deal.

Because it shows he doesn't have any tact or class. What if the Jags suddenly decide to trade him to a team like the Colts and this creates a locker room feud?

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Because it shows he doesn't have any tact or class. What if the Jags suddenly decide to trade him to a team like the Colts and this creates a locker room feud?

Tact or class?  He literally did what all of us do on this forum, which is give our opinions on players.  Analyst on television, radio, podcast, etc do the exact same thing.  The only difference is, all of us don't actually know anything and don't play the game professionally.  All he did was say some guys are great, good, decent and bad.  That's literally it.  You're acting like he did something that was actually wrong.

We have so many people in this world that are bad people and do terrible things.  Ramsey hasn't shown to be that type of person, so give him a break.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Because he referenced his college play and how Allen struggled against 'bigger' schools.  I don't really know Allen's background, but I read something somewhere that goes in line with what Ramsey is saying.  You're right, his QB is Blake Bortles.  Maybe someone on the Bills should make a statement about Bortles.

Bigger schools???  He couldn't even get the schools correct. He referenced Iowa State... A team that Allen has never. Just shows that Ramsey is an idiot and doesn't know what he is talking about. 

And of course he is gonna struggle against bigger schools. The talent surrounding Allen at Wyoming can't compete with bigger name schools. If we were to judge a QB based off college play then I'm sure he think Maziel would be MVP of the NFL... I mean he played great against big name schools in college. Such a idiotic way to judge a player.

Archived