Jalen Ramsey's QB Tiers

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:
59 minutes ago, ET80 said:

A little bit of self awareness goes a long way, Ruskie.

Explain please.

Jaguars > Titans. (And this is coming from a Texans fan).

LMK if you have any questions.

36 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Agreed.

A lot of experts expect the Jags to take a step back, even though they actually unachieved their projected win total last year. Statistically, they were closer to a 12 win team then a 10 win team.

And the overhype talk is rich coming from a Rams fan. 

Yeah and I’ll say the same thing about the Rams. They should be overhyped because that comes with winning 11 games, having a good offseason, and looking to take the next step. The difference is that nobody on the Rams are feeling themselves. The Rams understand last year was last year. It has nothing to do with this upcoming season. They are focusing on doing what it takes to get better for this season. Nobody is running off at the mouth and trust me for everyone saying the Rams have “strong personalities that are going to ruin the locker room” Peters could be saying the same things, so can Talib, so can Suh, so can anyone else but their not. Even when the media tries to ask them about creating a nickname for the secondary? Talib and Peters and Robey-Coleman all say the same thing. They say, “it’s for the media to talk about not them”. They all want to focus on football and not disrespect players across the league to put an even bigger target on their backs. Again this season is going to be even tougher for the Jaguars. If they win everything will be ok, but if they lose the question will pop up, I thought Flacco wasn’t good or Big Ben was decent or Luck sucked? Why did you lose to their team? It’s going to go directly to Ramsey. I wonder how he is going respond to those questions because you know they are going to be asked if that happens.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Uhh...Jimmy G dude! Undefeated! Everyone loses to him. That's way enough of an excuse 

;)

Didn’t Ramsey say he don’t have good sense for Jimmy G quite yet? After Jimmy G lit the Jags defense up he should be saying Jimmy G is going to be great lol. 

13 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

@.Buzz The Jags are overhyped. It comes with being so close to the SB, having a good offseason, and now possibly taking that next step. With saying that again they won 10 games without playing Luck or Watson. Like it felt as though the Jags should’ve won more than just 10. Like they had the game against the Rams at home and on a day the offense wasn’t great the Jags still lost because Bortles didn’t come through and the special teams was terrible. No excuse to get swept by the Titans. No excuse to lose to the Niners. So like I’m not underselling what the team did last season but it felt like the perfect storm for the Jaguars. It won’t be this upcoming season so we really get to see what they are made of as well as Bortles. Ramsey just made things tougher. 

Bruh, idk what to say, but overhyped when people are picking other teams to take over the AFC and some people picking the Texans to overtake us in the division isn't "overhyped". Maybe we have different definitions. We got to the AFCCG last year, that was last year. Not many if any people are putting us at that this year right now. No one is "overyhyping" us. 

Also, last year Blake had an awful supporting cast due to several injuries. Fournette and Cam Robinson battled ankle injuries, both in which is seriously showed in their games. I don't think it was a "perfect storm" just because we played up to our talent level. People have been predicting this from us for a while now.

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Didn’t Ramsey say he don’t have good sense for Jimmy G quite yet? After Jimmy G lit the Jags defense up he should be saying Jimmy G is going to be great lol. 

He did, but he gave more credit to little shanahan for the scheme and gamplan. I actually don't have an issue with that. The 49ers did out scheme them that game 

I don't think the Jaguars are overhyped.  They made it to the AFC championship game and had a double digit lead on the Patriots heading into the fourth quarter.  They've earned the praise that people have given them.  I don't really see any reason the Jags would take a step back other than major injuries.  The defense is insanely good and it can honestly be even better since there are so many young guys on their roster.

But a Rams fans talking about being overhyped?  They couldn't even win their wildcard playoff match-up against a not so great team.  I'm not saying the Rams are overhyped because I think they're a SB contender, but it's funny coming from a person of that fan base.

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:
30 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

A little bit of self awareness goes a long way, Ruskie.

Explain please.

Jaguars > Titans. (And this is coming from a Texans fan).

LMK if you have any questions.

2017 results, certainly. Beyond that, matter of opinion.

Regardless, you can reference my other posts in this thread where I outlined the nature of my post. Unfortunately for you, you seemed to have completely misinterpreted it. That's okay. I forgive you.

2 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Which I think is a big part of why he made these statements.  The QB's he named will likely be looking to take more shots against Ramsey to try to embarrass him, which gives Ramsey more opportunities for INTs.  Maybe he senses that he won't be thrown at much this year, and is trying to preemptively prevent that.  Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit. 

On the flip side of that though, he also (cleverly) built in some excuses to cover himself if certain QB's do manage to get one over on him.  "Oh, it wasn't Big Ben, he was just slinging it up there.  It was AB that got me."  "Oh, Matt Ryan is still overrated, he just finally remembered he has Julio Jones.  It was Julio that got me."  "Mariota's good for the system.  Corey Davis is, too.  It was the system that got me."  It does work both ways.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Bruh, idk what to say, but overhyped when people are picking other teams to take over the AFC and some people picking the Texans to overtake us in the division isn't "overhyped". Maybe we have different definitions. We got to the AFCCG last year, that was last year. Not many if any people are putting us at that this year right now. No one is "overyhyping" us. 

Also, last year Blake had an awful supporting cast due to several injuries. Fournette and Cam Robinson battled ankle injuries, both in which is seriously showed in their games. I don't think it was a "perfect storm" just because we played up to our talent level. People have been predicting this from us for a while now.

I see what you mean. I only mentioned last year as a perfect storm because the Jaguars didn’t play the two best QBs in the division in Luck and Watson and got swept by what some think is the other best QB in the division in Mariota. Like had Watson and Luck played the season, what would’ve been the Jags record overall? Divisional record? Would they still have been 10-6? We don’t know. Hindsight would suggest no just because they wouldn’t have swept Luck and Watson both. Probably split both meetings so that’s 8-8. I mean that’s hindsight but I mean it’s nothing wrong with a perfect storm. Like you said the Jaguars have been the laughing stock of the league for years. They got talent and now they got a taste of what it means to be successful which can take them a very long ways. 

Archived