Who's your favorite actor/actress?

beekay414

actors(no order):

nic cage (vampires kiss is a must watch)

sam rockwell

sam l jackson (bamf)

liam neeson (my favorite superhero, darkman)

brad pitt

john malkovich

steve coogan

paul rudd

michael ian black

the main guys from hot fuzz, paul, sean of the dead, and the worlds end

colin farrell

actresses:

marisa coughlin 

the girl with big eyes

kristen schaal

kristen wiig

On 8/20/2018 at 6:38 AM, Deadpulse said:

Kevin Spacey before the... well... you know. 

A new Kevin Spacey movie opened in theaters over the weekend, and it opened with a painful thud. Billionaire Boys Club quietly snuck its way into several theaters over the weekend and earned just $618 for the entirety of the Friday to Sunday frame. That makes it far and away the lowest opening of the disgraced actor's career, who was not long ago considered to be a unique and tremendous talent in the industry. How the mighty have fallen.

The movie rolled out in eleven theaters across the U.S. in San Francisco Bay, Phoenix, Detroit, Minneapolis, St. Paul, New Orleans, Hartford, Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, Cleveland and Sarasota.

https://movieweb.com/billionaire-boys-club-box-office-opening-weekend-kevin-spacey/

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

A new Kevin Spacey movie opened in theaters over the weekend, and it opened with a painful thud. Billionaire Boys Club quietly snuck its way into several theaters over the weekend and earned just $618 for the entirety of the Friday to Sunday frame. That makes it far and away the lowest opening of the disgraced actor's career, who was not long ago considered to be a unique and tremendous talent in the industry. How the mighty have fallen.

The movie rolled out in eleven theaters across the U.S. in San Francisco Bay, Phoenix, Detroit, Minneapolis, St. Paul, New Orleans, Hartford, Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, Cleveland and Sarasota.

https://movieweb.com/billionaire-boys-club-box-office-opening-weekend-kevin-spacey/

I saw this, and I am taking it with a huge grain of salt. While his scandal certainly had a significant impact, this movie also has had zero marketing and an extremely limited release. 

No love for Casey Affleck?

I swear, that dude might be the most underrated actor out there.

Hes had two legitimate, mesmerizing Oscar-worthy performances already in Jesse James and Robert Ford (Idr the title lol) and Manchester by the Sea, and a very good one in Gone Baby Gone

Manchester By The Sea, btw, is just underrated in general. I think its the best drama/comedy Ive ever seen. Yep.

It has one of IMO the best actresses in Michelle Williams who comes in for like 5 scenes and kills it in all of them but also she absolutely just destroys it in a 2 minute scene with Affleck that is probably one of the most gut wrenching scenes Ive ever watched where there wasnt even much dialogue or movement of any kind.

Its just Affleck (who is maybe even better) and her in the street after they bump into each other.

Theyre divorced and, since I dont wanna spoil it and give away details, basically some thing terrible happened to them and Affleck is blamed by most people and blames himself also. She is trying to tell him that she still does love him, and she cant just "let you die", as in hes basically just waiting to die and every thing in betweens just a burden to him. And neither really say all that much, he'll sort of start to talk but is unable to. But their body motions, their expressions, the realism of the scene in how it portrays accurately a conversation that two people in their places would have. They dont just have lines and can talk back and forth. Theres stammering etc. I never usually get tears ever watching films but this one made me weep like a b****

The whole movie is fantastic. Affleck not getting an Oscar for it is a travesty. Its not some feel good drama about a guy who has something horrible happen to him and finds redemption. Affleck is broken and blames himself for a tragedy that happened to his family, then unexpectedly while living a sad, drunk self loathing life alone, his brother dies and he finds out he is named sole guardian to his nephew, a 16 year old boy. Theres no corny feel-good budding relationship arc. Theres no major character redemption. No Hollywood BS. Very refreshing.

Anyway /rant.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

wouldn't the latter be predicated on the former...?

Sure, but the studio didnt want this movie to succeed. I honestly didnt even know it existed until I read this article, and by that time it was obviously too late to effect those numbers lol

All I am really saying is that I am sure more people would have gone to see it but the studio didnt give them a chance to because of the scandal (is that the right word for it?)

18 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

The whole movie is fantastic. Affleck not getting an Oscar for it is a travesty. Its not some feel good drama about a guy who has something horrible happen to him and finds redemption. Affleck is broken and blames himself for a tragedy that happened to his family, then unexpectedly while living a sad, drunk self loathing life alone, his brother dies and he finds out he is named sole guardian to his nephew, a 16 year old boy. Theres no corny feel-good budding relationship arc. Theres no major character redemption. No Hollywood BS. Very refreshing.

Anyway /rant.

Affleck won best actor for that role

but yeah..manchester by the sea is a all-time classic