GDT Preseason Week 3 Titans (0-2)@ Steelers(1-1)

Titans fan 617

Sloppy game by the first team offense. So pre season they have looked efficient. 

I don't like the bad throws by Marcus but I have seen better so I know there is better. Not worried.

Just want to make sure our injured people are able to play when we need them. 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

So it was miscommunication. Corey read the safety and thought bigger play. Marcus was looking for a completion. 

Both Marcus and Corey tried to take blame for it post game. Vrabel seemed to hint it was on Corey talking about how it was timing related/Corey wasn't in the right place at the right time.

2 hours ago, Titan89 said:

Very good job by Firkser and Gabbert. I like Firkser I wish Stocker wasn't a guaranteed lock as I feel Firkser has got something to offer.

Also these Steelers announcers are trash. I feel for their fans having to listen to these jokes.

Batch was awful he definitely had Steelers Pom Poms in the booth

Best thing about this performance is...it's over!! 

They obviously aren't using their good stuff, but MM took too many hits to say we were playing vanilla. If that's what was going on I have to think the staff is quite flawed. 

With Delaney out, it's tough to judge the effectivness of our new scheme, but he is getting older and we need a scheme that is not completly reliant on superior talent winning...sometimes we need to get guys open because the play we ran was superior!!

Tired of wasting plays running into 9 man fronts like we did on 1st and 10 in the second quarter, where Henrey was tackled by 4 guys...that play has zero chance to work, why can't our guy get out of that play? 

I know it will take time to get the offense running well, be patient, it may be a rough first 4-6 games. Just hope it is not too late before we get our crap together!!!

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Both Marcus and Corey tried to take blame for it post game. Vrabel seemed to hint it was on Corey talking about how it was timing related/Corey wasn't in the right place at the right time.

It’s just hard for me to blame a guy running wide open down the field. It’s just one of those things I feel Marcus just needs to throw the ball right at Davis instead of guessing. 

Is what it is my thinking is probably wrong I liked the fact that David was trying to score. It’s the Robiskie way to nickle and dime our way down the field. I get Mariota wanted the 1st down but this is where they need to sit down and talk more often and say “hey when we get this look I know I can get deep and just put it on me”

Its preseason I guess. Normally i want the starters to play a drive in the 4th one but they way this preseason has gone just sit everyone that’s a starter. Start Gabbert for how ever long you want then bring in Falk. I don’t need to see Taylor at WR play Jennings Ross Burnett and who ever else won’t be on the team

2 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

It was a Steelers broadcast though so that’s to be expected. 

Was disappointed nfln didn’t have neutral announcers. 

NFLN doesn’t send their crews to these games they always just latch on to the home team announcers.

I get Batch is a former player but he literally brought nothing to the game as far as insight or never said anything interesting at all.

Big difference from Charles Davis and Charlie Batch that’s all I’m saying 

2 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

Best thing about this performance is...it's over!! 

They obviously aren't using their good stuff, but MM took too many hits to say we were playing vanilla. If that's what was going on I have to think the staff is quite flawed. 

With Delaney out, it's tough to judge the effectivness of our new scheme, but he is getting older and we need a scheme that is not completly reliant on superior talent winning...sometimes we need to get guys open because the play we ran was superior!!

Tired of wasting plays running into 9 man fronts like we did on 1st and 10 in the second quarter, where Henrey was tackled by 4 guys...that play has zero chance to work, why can't our guy get out of that play? 

I know it will take time to get the offense running well, be patient, it may be a rough first 4-6 games. Just hope it is not too late before we get our crap together!!!

Play calling was too predictable. I get it’s preseason and maybe they didn’t game plan for the game but at the same time the guys on the other side get paid too so to keep going run run pass is pretty simple to catch on too.

Im not saying fire LaFleur or anything I’m just saying I get Vrabel and them wanted to establish the run but when it’s not there try something else. Pass to open up the run. 

I like to see how other teams do things and today I liked how Ben and them ran the offense. He was in shotgun or empty sets the whole time. He was still able to set up the run with his passing but he clearly went out there wanting to get his passing and timing down with guys. I wish the Titans focused on that a little more this preseason with Mariota. Davis missed the first game. Then they only only played 2 drives last week. Then today couldn’t get on the same page so Marcus and Davis really haven’t done anything together in a game I just hope they can start to put it together for Miami

Its going to be very different in 2 weeks. Might be wishful thinking but I think we win in Miami pretty comfortably. We havnt had a full team in any game yet so I’m not worried. This offense will click we will have our guys back and we’ll be fine.

8 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Play calling was too predictable. I get it’s preseason and maybe they didn’t game plan for the game but at the same time the guys on the other side get paid too so to keep going run run pass is pretty simple to catch on too.

Im not saying fire LaFleur or anything I’m just saying I get Vrabel and them wanted to establish the run but when it’s not there try something else. Pass to open up the run. 

I like to see how other teams do things and today I liked how Ben and them ran the offense. He was in shotgun or empty sets the whole time. He was still able to set up the run with his passing but he clearly went out there wanting to get his passing and timing down with guys. I wish the Titans focused on that a little more this preseason with Mariota. Davis missed the first game. Then they only only played 2 drives last week. Then today couldn’t get on the same page so Marcus and Davis really haven’t done anything together in a game I just hope they can start to put it together for Miami

Its going to be very different in 2 weeks. Might be wishful thinking but I think we win in Miami pretty comfortably. We havnt had a full team in any game yet so I’m not worried. This offense will click we will have our guys back and we’ll be fine.

I think some (if not most) of it is just not revealing or having any film for the Dolphind to study for week 1. Who could forget Mariota's debut when our offense came out and completely befuddled the Bucs defense because they had no prior tape of the offense. I think it's a similar situation.

We haven't seen any RPO. We've only seen the no huddle once this preseason (which resulted in the Taylor TD last week). Plus, as we all know, we're missing our 2 most reliable pass catchers. Maybe it's just me being naive but I think we've maybe seen like 30% of the actual plays we'll be running come regular season.

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

It’s just hard for me to blame a guy running wide open down the field. It’s just one of those things I feel Marcus just needs to throw the ball right at Davis instead of guessing. 

Is what it is my thinking is probably wrong I liked the fact that David was trying to score. It’s the Robiskie way to nickle and dime our way down the field. I get Mariota wanted the 1st down but this is where they need to sit down and talk more often and say “hey when we get this look I know I can get deep and just put it on me”

Its preseason I guess. Normally i want the starters to play a drive in the 4th one but they way this preseason has gone just sit everyone that’s a starter. Start Gabbert for how ever long you want then bring in Falk. I don’t need to see Taylor at WR play Jennings Ross Burnett and who ever else won’t be on the team

Mariota has to release the ball before Davis even gets to the point where he's supposed to break. If he waits to see which way Davis is going to break he's asking to get picked.

You'd like Mariota to see that there was a broken coverage assignment and somehow know that Davis is going to see it too, but that leaves more room for error when you're going off script.

Hard to fault either one of them honestly.

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

this is the light I’m holding onto lmao

Jared Goff's line in the Rams third preseason game last year: 5-8, 56 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 1 fumble lost.

This is Mariota's line in the Titans third preseason game: 5-8, 43 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT.

I wonder if we see any starters on Thursday.

Archived