Preseason week 3: The haul vs. Wentz

Thomas5737

Would you rather have the haul or Nick Foles?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have the haul or Nick Foles?

15 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I’m worried as yesterday in with the firsts vs the firsts and then later in the game with the pick, it went how I envisioned Baker being in the pros when discussing him pre draft. Being honest, I don’t see a #1 pick in Baker but at the same time, he is here now and I am telling myself to basically dismiss whatever happens this entire rookie year.

Positivity, despite what I think, basically.

We are on the same page here. He's actually surpassed my expectations so far, but his footwork is horrendous and I'd like to see him deliver/step into throws IN THE POCKET as opposed to constantly scrambling. Escapism is a great thing, but he needs to be better in the pocket and throwing in rhythm, which means probably better pre-snap reads. I'm not worried, but it is an issue he needs to get better on/refine.

35 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I’m worried as yesterday in with the firsts vs the firsts and then later in the game with the pick, it went how I envisioned Baker being in the pros when discussing him pre draft. Being honest, I don’t see a #1 pick in Baker but at the same time, he is here now and I am telling myself to basically dismiss whatever happens this entire rookie year.

Positivity, despite what I think, basically.

I'm not too worried about it. From what I've read and seen, Baker has not really practiced with the 1's either and he went against a defense that was similar to last year's playoff defense where only Tom Brady was able to drop more than 20+ on them. 

On the INT, it seemed like he was expecting the WR to continue running, but, I'm not sure if the WR got jammed up or just stopped. If the WR had continued to run, he would have been able to get the ball. I do agree that his footwork needs improvement, but I think that will come with experience with Baker getting more comfortable.

21 minutes ago, Onizuka said:

I'm not too worried about it. From what I've read and seen, Baker has not really practiced with the 1's either and he went against a defense that was similar to last year's playoff defense where only Tom Brady was able to drop more than 20+ on them. 

On the INT, it seemed like he was expecting the WR to continue running, but, I'm not sure if the WR got jammed up or just stopped. If the WR had continued to run, he would have been able to get the ball. I do agree that his footwork needs improvement, but I think that will come with experience with Baker getting more comfortable.

The interception didn't look like an issue.  Baker through the ball to where the wide receiver was going to be, but the wide receiver gets hit and thrown off his route, leaving the ball heading right towards the defenders hands.  It was a legal play as the WR hadn't crossed the line of scrimmage, but not necessarily a poor decision by Baker.  Plays like that happen.

26 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Ultra-conservative Tyrod Taylor made his first extended appearance last night.  It's definitely his "go-to" when the pressure is on.  Gonna be frustrating.

I agree with this on so many levels...but then again, I also just remembered how many games we've lost since 2007 due to turnovers. It's unreal.

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Bit got moved because no one else can play LT. Dude comes in and plays great and is the starter. Browns don’t have anyone who can play LT. Also not going to swing the LT back to LG. Stupid to open a hole at LT to fill a hole at LG when LG is prolly the easiest position to play on the football field.

Bit got moved because no one else was ready to play LT yet. Coleman is a RT. Robinson is proving himself a solid swing tackle.

Harrison, on the other hand, maybe ready to takeover LT by mid-late season. He has shown the ability. Now it's up to the coaches to teach him how to be consistent.

Moving Bitonio back to the position he's played so well for 4 years while putting a good player who was born to be a LT, at LT, doesn't sound so stupid to me. Left guard is the easiest, by the way? I bet there are some longsnappers and holders that would beg to differ.

Archived