Preseason week 3: The haul vs. Wentz

Thomas5737

Would you rather have the haul or Nick Foles?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have the haul or Nick Foles?

Desmond had two bad plays that I saw tonight. Missed an assignment on a stunt, trying to help his guard. And the play that he got straight bulled onto his anus. Otherwise, I completely see why our FO thinks he could become our franchise LT. He already looks way more natural at tackle than Robinson or Coleman. Great feet, good hands, good bend. Add 10-15 good lbs the next year and we might have our man.

I only saw one play that Robinson actually looked bad in, the obvious one where Aikman commented that he got lazy with his feet. He's actually been average or better most of the time. He's barely played RT, so it's expected a guy might not be an all-star right out the gate. Guys are talking about cutting him, while I think he's getting RT reps because he's being looked at as the swing tackle.

It's an unusual predicament: Coleman is a better RT than Robinson, but Robinson is a better swing tackle than Coleman. Who do you keep? When I saw Hubbard go down, my first thought was that Coleman just made the team. Then he came back...lol it's funny.

Coleman never looked so good at RT until he got destroyed on the left side. All this time he's said LT was his natural position. Almost makes me wonder if he dogged it a little at RT because he looked at himself as a LT. Now he's relieved to go back, and looks almost all pro at RT this preseason.

Nobody will agree with me, but I'd keep Robinson, Coleman, and Harrison. All three are better than any of the scrub backup interior guys. I don't wanna keep a crumbier player over a better player just because depth is weaker at the crumbier guy's position. Bad precedent. Greg Williams always says we keep the best players/athletes and coaches gotta make it work.

Josh Adams looked good for Philly. I wanted to draft him late or sign him as an UDFA. Saw one scout who was raving about him, compare him to Leveon Bell. His 3cone was ridiculous if I recall.

Chubb flashed. I think he takes the reigns of the starting gig by week 8-10 and never looks back.

Baker baked. INT was bad, but he was bound to make a mistake at some point. Saw good throws. One bad. Couple he might have done a smidgen better. That D was the real deal that he faced out there. Came out better for it. He's for real, folks.

Tyrod came out with a trashed wrist, scrapping to keep his job. I think he has the same feeling I have. When Baker takes the starting gig, someone's gonna hafta pry it outta his cold dead hands. I think this team is already his.

Brantley came out fighting for his job. That was good to see. Looks healthy finally. I think he was battling through that injury even after he came back. Looked like him again. Chad Thomas might be meant for DT. He looks so natural there, especially against the run, and especially for a guy who almost exclusively played end in college. He hasn't made an impact against the pass yet.

It concerns me when Gregg is telling Troy Aikman that Genard Avery is our second best pass rusher, especially in regards to Ogbah. Don't get me wrong, Avery is showing some ability no doubt, but that's still alarming.

Noticed Troy said this team reminds him of his Cowboys team in the '90's. Just like Alonzo Highsmith. Hmmmm...B|

We should sign Breeland before it is too late. Ward got hurt, hopefully reminding us of what life could become very quickly without him. Carrie struggled. Simeon has real potential but needs way more time. Just sign Breeland! 

Best available, somewhat young, interior Olineman who becomes available, we better snap up, regardless of being a guard or center. Vital for us.

I'd also keep my eyes open for a vet pass rusher, like a Chris Long, who may become available. Only place I'm cool with an older vet. Garrett, Ogbah, and Avery need that guy in the room to take them to the next level. I Know who our Dline coach is. I still think they need it.

I hate TE screens...sooo much!

I'd rather have Danny Shelton or Hankins at DT than Meder, by a lot. There's something to be said for a big beefy DT beating up and wearing down the interior Oline. 

Waaaayyy early predictions:

we trade for or sign in FA Demarcus Lawrence next off-season. Make the Superbowl in 2020. We are the dynasty of the 2020's. Just a gut thing.

Kendricks gets more snaps in the second half of the season than Collins, who is cut or traded in the off-season.

Harrison is the starter at LT last 5-6 games.

I come in third in our forum fantasy league.

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

gotta keep Harrison, I want to keep coleman, and I think I want Robinson over Drango. 

If an interior guy goes down shift Bit to G and then put in one of the tackles in. 

I don't care for Reiter, but I guess we need him. 

No way in hell you make your LT the swing player. 

Just now, buno67 said:

No way in hell you make your LT the swing player. 

I wouldn't shift take my best olinemen and put him out of position, but the Browns did. He is a pro bowl guard and possibly the best zone blocking guard in the league. 

If Corbett goes down then the next way to get the best 5 guys on the field is to shift Bit. Maybe the same if JC goes down, Bit and Austin both move on position to the right.

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Nobody will agree with me, but I'd keep Robinson, Coleman, and Harrison. All three are better than any of the scrub backup interior guys. I don't wanna keep a crumbier player over a better player just because depth is weaker at the crumbier guy's position. Bad precedent. Greg Williams always says we keep the best players/athletes and coaches gotta make it work.

Great write up on the game. These are the guys i want to keep. If you can play tackle, you can play guard. Its football, its not the difference between brain surgery and gyne.

I want to find a new C and a new back up C.  

It looks like we are going to have a great start to the year with our run game as well, Chubb looks like a real power back and Hyde is shifty. 

36 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Great write up on the game. These are the guys i want to keep. If you can play tackle, you can play guard. Its football, its not the difference between brain surgery and gyne.

I want to find a new C and a new back up C.  

It looks like we are going to have a great start to the year with our run game as well, Chubb looks like a real power back and Hyde is shifty. 

This is obviously just speculation on my part, but I think the team may eventually move Corbett over to center next year, which is where many draft pundits thought he was best suited for in the pros. I think they'd ideally like to move Bitonio back to his more natural position of LG, and have either Harrison take over the starting LT spot or use a high draft pick on one. You can see that Harrison certainly has the raw talent to be a LT, but he needs some coaching and to get a bit bigger and stronger. I'm thinking they just want to keep him as a backup this year, coach him up, and see if he's up to the task next year.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I wouldn't shift take my best olinemen and put him out of position, but the Browns did. He is a pro bowl guard and possibly the best zone blocking guard in the league. 

If Corbett goes down then the next way to get the best 5 guys on the field is to shift Bit. Maybe the same if JC goes down, Bit and Austin both move on position to the right.

Bit got moved because no one else can play LT. Dude comes in and plays great and is the starter. Browns don’t have anyone who can play LT. Also not going to swing the LT back to LG. Stupid to open a hole at LT to fill a hole at LG when LG is prolly the easiest position to play on the football field.

I'd like to see Baker step into his throws with more regularity (his INT last night was a good example, and last week in the Red Zone a couple of times). He's got a bad habit of throwing flat-footed off of his back foot. I like how he goes through progressions/keeps his eyes downfield though.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

This is obviously just speculation on my part, but I think the team may eventually move Corbett over to center next year, which is where many draft pundits thought he was best suited for in the pros. I think they'd ideally like to move Bitonio back to his more natural position of LG, and have either Harrison take over the starting LT spot or use a high draft pick on one. You can see that Harrison certainly has the raw talent to be a LT, but he needs some coaching and to get a bit bigger and stronger. I'm thinking they just want to keep him as a backup this year, coach him up, and see if he's up to the task next year.

It all depends on how Bit plays. If Bit has a successful season at LT he will prolly stay at LT.

33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd like to see Baker step into his throws with more regularity (his INT last night was a good example, and last week in the Red Zone a couple of times). He's got a bad habit of throwing flat-footed off of his back foot. I like how he goes through progressions/keeps his eyes downfield though.

I’m worried as yesterday in with the firsts vs the firsts and then later in the game with the pick, it went how I envisioned Baker being in the pros when discussing him pre draft. Being honest, I don’t see a #1 pick in Baker but at the same time, he is here now and I am telling myself to basically dismiss whatever happens this entire rookie year.

Positivity, despite what I think, basically.

Archived