49ers trade Eli Harold OLB to lions

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Gave him away for absolutely nothing by the looks of it.

And that's exactly what his worth is.....lol.

But our 7th round picks have been pretty damn solid in the Lynch/Shanny era. Colbert/James/Taylor. So any pick is fine with me.

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Wasn't he penciled in as the starting SAM? Who takes over?

Well, the position was a black hole for us. Even with him there, we really didn't have anyone. The best guess is Dekoda Watson at this point at least on early downs. On passing downs, we could elect to go with a more natural pass rusher, or I suppose someone with better coverage skills (though this will largely come in a nickel package, so sam is kind of irrelevant in that situation). 

But yeah, it's not exactly a strong position for us, but there's really no drop off from losing Harold. He's good at holding an edge in the run game, but that's it. Not even pushing the edge and blowing up the run...just holding it. Plus he's about as good of a pass rusher as julio jones is. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, the position was a black hole for us. Even with him there, we really didn't have anyone. The best guess is Dekoda Watson at this point at least on early downs. On passing downs, we could elect to go with a more natural pass rusher, or I suppose someone with better coverage skills (though this will largely come in a nickel package, so sam is kind of irrelevant in that situation). 

But yeah, it's not exactly a strong position for us, but there's really no drop off from losing Harold. He's good at holding an edge in the run game, but that's it. Not even pushing the edge and blowing up the run...just holding it. Plus he's about as good of a pass rusher as julio jones is. 

Bring Ahmad Brooks back.

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

JJ would be a beast on unblocked blitzes. 

Archived