Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

27 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

It may have been but Sloter amounted to nothing come on now lol

Nonsense. He was doing well for the Vikes in preseason as well. They had guys like Sean Mannion and Jake Browning ahead of him (lol), which had to do with the coach. And, in Detroit, they were playing the terrible David Blough over him. Those moves were probably made to avoid controversy as much as possible (because both teams had established QB's).

30 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Nonsense. He was doing well for the Vikes in preseason as well. They had guys like Sean Mannion and Jake Browning ahead of him (lol), which had to do with the coach. And, in Detroit, they were playing the terrible David Blough over him. Those moves were probably made to avoid controversy as much as possible (because both teams had established QB's).

So the coaches (and management), whose jobs it is to win games, decided at THREE DIFFERENT STOPS that Sloter wasn’t better than practice-squad-level scrubs, but you’d have me believe he’s a franchise’s saviour??

• Like 2

Hopkins brings up a great point: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30310805/arizona-cardinals-wr-deandre-hopkins-says-receivers-get-counted-yards-pass-interference

TLDR: He is saying WRs should get DPI yards added to their stats. I agree (as long as it's a separate recorded stat ie DPI insistences + DPI Yards). Is there anywhere that keeps track of this right now?

57 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

So the coaches (and management), whose jobs it is to win games, decided at THREE DIFFERENT STOPS that Sloter wasn’t better than practice-squad-level scrubs, but you’d have me believe he’s a franchise’s saviour??

Hold up: I never said that he was a saviour. I just think that Elway should have given him a chance to play three years ago at mid-season when Siemian was benched.

55 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Hopkins brings up a great point: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30310805/arizona-cardinals-wr-deandre-hopkins-says-receivers-get-counted-yards-pass-interference

TLDR: He is saying WRs should get DPI yards added to their stats. I agree (as long as it's a separate recorded stat ie DPI insistences + DPI Yards). Is there anywhere that keeps track of this right now?

Football Outsiders keeps track of it here. Hopkins has gotten 4 DPI calls for 50 yards.

1 hour ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Hold up: I never said that he was a saviour. I just think that Elway should have given him a chance to play three years ago at mid-season when Siemian was benched.

Sure, at the time, maybe he should’ve been given a chance. However, history has made it clear that he would NOT have turned into an NFL starter. 

2 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

I hate the DPI yardage rule. What’s the completion percentage on balls thrown downfield enough that you could reasonably see DPI called? It’s not 50%, is it?? Give em half the yards and a first down. 

It’s the equivalent of the 3 FTA’s on a 3-pointer foul. So bad.

6 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Sure, at the time, maybe he should’ve been given a chance. However, history has made it clear that he would NOT have turned into an NFL starter. 

Who cares what history says? And why do you rip on this guy?

Also, in that point about him being cut in favor of scrubs: In Minnesota and Detroit, they have established starters. Sloter did well in Minnesota (don't think he played at all in Detroit), but the coaches probably didn't want controversy, so they kept these other backup QB's. I think that sort of thing happens.

15 hours ago, broncosfan07 said:

Lol ffs this is like anyone who says we should’ve kept Tebow. Clearly coaches see something you don’t so keep on fighting the good fight.

I do think tebow was a starter in this league but still never was going to be superbowl good enough imo. Why fight that fight. Ravens may be doing the same thing with Lamar Jackson but their fanbase has bought in because of regular season dominance and that player is mike vick box office Tebow was neither.