Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

Goodness, does sports media just openly disregard any sort of context or are they just that awful at their jobs?????

Just watched Keyshawn Johnson and Jay Williams trash Fangio about his “whiners” comment.  The comment literally had nothing to do with covid or pointing fingers.  He literally said he’s under no illusion and that it could’ve been Denver who had the positive tests.  In context he was saying we aren’t going to complain about the schedule changes and those that do are whiners. 

This crap is getting almost unwatchable because Keyshawn and Jay either didn’t do an ounce of homework or chose to twist it into their own narrative.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, germ-x said:

Goodness, does sports media just openly disregard any sort of context or are they just that awful at their jobs?????

Just watched Keyshawn Johnson and Jay Williams trash Fangio about his “whiners” comment.  The comment literally had nothing to do with covid or pointing fingers.  He literally said he’s under no illusion and that it could’ve been Denver who had the positive tests.  In context he was saying we aren’t going to complain about the schedule changes and those that do are whiners. 

This crap is getting almost unwatchable because Keyshawn and Jay either didn’t do an ounce of homework or chose to twist it into their own narrative.  

I gave up on watching ESPN outside of live games a long while ago. I will turn into the SVP Sportscebter occasionally but ESPN has become such horrific garbage I don’t even waste my time anymore as all it does is make me angry. 

12 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I gave up on watching ESPN outside of live games a long while ago. I will turn into the SVP Sportscebter occasionally but ESPN has become such horrific garbage I don’t even waste my time anymore as all it does is make me angry. 

It’s nuts to me.  Fangio said the exact opposite of what they claimed he had said.  What a joke of a take from Jay and Keyshawn, embarrassing actually for anyone that actually listened/read what Vic was getting across.  Which for anyone who hasn’t was essentially, the Broncos aren’t going to complain about the schedule getting changed with the impact the pandemic has had on peoples lives across the country.  

Jay and Keyshawn flipped this into Fangio is a POS who doesn’t care about the safety of his players and is mad that a global pandemic altered his life......again the above bolded is what Fangio said in context.  Pathetic.

The Keyshawn, JWill, & Zubin Show has pulled the video from their twitter feed, it was originally their biggest take of the day.

34 minutes ago, germ-x said:

It’s nuts to me.  Fangio said the exact opposite of what they claimed he had said.  What a joke of a take from Jay and Keyshawn, embarrassing actually for anyone that actually listened/read what Vic was getting across.  Which for anyone who hasn’t was essentially, the Broncos aren’t going to complain about the schedule getting changed with the impact the pandemic has had on peoples lives across the country.  

Jay and Keyshawn flipped this into Fangio is a POS who doesn’t care about the safety of his players and is mad that a global pandemic altered his life......again the above bolded is what Fangio said in context.  Pathetic.

The Keyshawn, JWill, & Zubin Show has pulled the video from their twitter feed, it was originally their biggest take of the day.

Actually I think the same can be said now for most national news media. Things are constantly taken out of context, cherry picked and sometimes just invented to support whatever narrative or agenda that particular news outlet wants to portray.

There are no more "Paul Harveys".

• Like 1

Outside of Le Batard which is fantastic but more comedy then sports, ESPN’s radio lineup is terrible. Really everything content-wise has been downhill for years now. I miss Grantland and going even further back, the Page 2 stuff featured some pretty amazing writing. Hard to believe today that Hunter S. Thompson had a weekly column on the site. 

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Outside of Le Batard which is fantastic but more comedy then sports, ESPN’s radio lineup is terrible. Really everything content-wise has been downhill for years now. I miss Grantland and going even further back, the Page 2 stuff featured some pretty amazing writing. Hard to believe today that Hunter S. Thompson had a weekly column on the site. 

Highly Questionable is my favorite thing going with ESPN.  Papi is hilarious. 

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

We could really use another Hunter Thompson.

• Like 2

I was not a fan of Justin Herbert.  Had him as a 2nd round pick this year.  I thought his 1st week as a starter was overblown.  He stayed in the game with his feet and didn’t do much with his arm.  The last 2 games have me believing he’s the real deal.  He’s had mistakes, but far more good than bad.  

I love competition, but KC already has a future Hall of Famer in Mahomes if he stays healthy.  Chargers look like they have their QB of the next decade plus.  The Raiders are just overall doing good things.

Denver has to get things right or they’ll be sitting at the bottom of the AFC West for a long time. 

10 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I was not a fan of Justin Herbert.  Had him as a 2nd round pick this year.  I thought his 1st week as a starter was overblown.  He stayed in the game with his feet and didn’t do much with his arm.  The last 2 games have me believing he’s the real deal.  He’s had mistakes, but far more good than bad.  

I love competition, but KC already has a future Hall of Famer in Mahomes if he stays healthy.  Chargers look like they have their QB of the next decade plus.  The Raiders are just overall doing good things.

Denver has to get things right or they’ll be sitting at the bottom of the AFC West for a long time. 

Yeah the talk that he can't throw into tight windows or hadn't done it at oregon was overblown thought he was a legit first round pick 6 is high but Tua going high is also scary with injury concern's

The other part is I actually think Denver is a very well coached team.  Fangio has had his issues with clock management.  But overall this team comes out and competes and to an extent overachieves  because of the coaching.

This is a young roster that’s destroyed by injuries.  At the end of the day.  When Lock comes back and hopefully he stays healthy we will be able to see where this team stands in the division.  

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 7:31 AM, thebestever6 said:

Worse legacy manti teo or mark sanchez?

I am not going there with legacy, they both seem like decent dudes.  And in terms of legacies in their football careers, I don't think anything gets better than a butt fumble.

Edited by jsthomp2007
  • Like 2