Preseason Week 4 - GDT vs. Kansas City

Leader

6 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

You can either cast it or just go oldschool and hook it up directly to the TV via HDMI and use it as a monitor. 

Fly mouse FTW. 

The fact that we can't put coaches film on the gaming console or smart TV apps in 2018 is sad. I send an email every year saying that they need to provide that. The NFL in return tells me to go .... myself.

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

No way I keep Biegel over Fackrell based on what I've seen. 

Biegel might get cut, Fackrell won't.... unless we add 2+ OLBs after final cuts. 

Fackrell hasn't done any more than Biegel. And he wouldn't give any more than Biegel or Donnerson this season anyways. Fackrell just gets thrown around out there like a rag doll man. Biegel I think he deserves another chance like the chances Fackrell got for some reason these past 3 years. Especially because he really didn't play last year.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The fact that we can't put coaches film on the gaming console or smart TV apps in 2018 is sad. I send an email every year saying that they need to provide that. The NFL in return tells me to go .... myself.

I hear ya. 

Just saying a USB  PC + Fly Mouse will run you $50-60. 

If you want Windows on it, that'll run you at least $90, but that's still $100 tops all-in. 

I don't know... I purchased a desktop last summer with a broken power button for $100 off of craigslist. Had to drive down a 1.5 mile "driveway" that was covered in forest on both sides of the road and thus feared I might be "Craigslist" murdered, but it turned out fine. Can't complain about a $600-$700 desktop with Windows 10 for $100. 

Desktops are so damn cheap nowadays. 

12 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

After this  preseason I just hope Fackrell is cut. Biegel and Donnerson can make the 53 over him and I would not mind. Other than that Gute would have to get another OLB from outside of the club. Other "notable" cuts i would do: Murphy, Kendricks, Davis, Rollins. Biggest weakness of the team is 4th EDGE and 4th OT. Let's just hope we can stay healthy in those spots.

Outside the Raiders preseason game, Biegel has really sucked this preseason.

I'm so glad you're not GM... the NFL is super needy in OTs right now, Murphy deserves to be on a 53 man roster compared to what else is out there. Murphy isn't athletic enough for speed rushers but in real games you just give him a TE help, to bump the DE in before going out on their route.

8 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Fackrell is very bad and shouldn't be on the team, he constantly gets pushed around. Biegel can stay he has more upside imo. Plus what else do we have?

Fackrell shouldn't be a full time edge guy... he's a pass rusher from the LB type and if used in that role he can be good.

Biegel might have more upside... but he looked better in last years live action games than he has in this preseason. He's regressed for some reason.

4 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Fackrell hasn't done any more than Biegel. And he wouldn't give any more than Biegel or Donnerson this season anyways. Fackrell just gets thrown around out there like a rag doll man. Biegel I think he deserves another chance like the chances Fackrell got for some reason these past 3 years. Especially because he really didn't play last year.

*This preseason/TC*... Yes, he has. 

He's pretty clearly the #4 right now, and I'm not only one who's noticed. 

Unless you want to argue with Pettine? 

19 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Playsation Vue or SlingTV or DirectTV Now or Youtube TV or Hulu Live. 

Or even consider Fubo if you watch primarily sports. 

Supplement with an antenna and you're golden. 

There are micro-pcs that are usb sized that you could plug directly into your TV and should be more than capable of running the NFL's website. 

Rasberry Pi's are the dopest

2 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

I mean it's just my opinion, Pettine gets paid the big bucks for a reason and knows better than I do. But hell the past 3 seasons the kid just doesn't look built for playing EDGE and he gets thrown around more than any player I've seen on the packers. 

14 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

He is the 4th, which scares me.  I'd love to see one more guy there who can set the edge.  Because we all know the 4th OLB is going to play this year.

He has come free on a few pass rushes here and there.  He just gets owned on way too many plays to rely on the guy for too many defensive snaps.

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I mean it's just my opinion, Pettine gets paid the big bucks for a reason and knows better than I do. But hell the past 3 seasons the kid just doesn't look built for playing EDGE and he gets thrown around more than any player I've seen on the packers. 

Hate using a Cohen tweet, but there ya go. 

1 minute ago, Cheech said:

He is the 4th, which scares me.  I'd love to see one more guy there who can set the edge.  Because we all know the 4th OLB is going to play this year.

He has come free on a few pass rushes here and there.  He just gets owned on way too many plays to rely on the guy for too many defensive snaps.

I never said I was pumped about Fackrell being #4, all I said was that he's pretty clearly the #4 at this juncture. 

In my eyes he's taken a pretty significant step, both body and game wise in the last few months. 

Does he belong on an NFL roster? Yes. 

Would I prefer an upgrade at the #3 or #4 OLB positions? Yes. 

Did Fackrell play more ST snaps than anyone else on the Packers roster last season? Yes. 

Doesn't every struggling edge whose problem isn't "stiff and/or immobile" for the Packers traditionally get the chance to move to ILB before he's cut?

Like I have a hard time thinking Fackrell and Biegel don't deserve at least as much of a shot as Carl Bradford or Nate Palmer or Brad Jones got.

Archived