Preseason Week 4 - GDT vs. Kansas City

Leader

Just watching these preseason games, I think Fackrell easily out-played Biegel, Donnerson, and Odom.   I wanted them to be better; I think Donnerson is a tank, but he isn't ready yet.

Fackrell should make this team unless we 2013 QB the position and cut all back-ups, or pull the rabbit out of our *** and get Mack.

Last thoughts on the Preseason under the influence:

Spriggs-Bulaga is a tandem we could win with. Spriggs grabs way more than he punches, if he can find a jab the guy is a complete hit. If he can be commanding with his hands I give him a 2nd contract in a heartbeat. He won't kill you but he finds work-I like his feet at this point quite a lot. Athletic as they come. Just missing the hands.

Goodson

Herb.

I could cut EQ for Tonyan and Tonyan for Kumerow and Kumerow for EQ someone else make the decision.

I legitimately don't care who our G's are.. Bell, Patrick, McCray, Taylor. Not horrible. They can all do the job, won't bury DL tho.

Kizer should be able to win at least 1 game with this roster so that's neat.

Best CB room we've had since Wood joined the Safeties. Alexander King Jackson.. I'm drinking the Kool-Aid.

Mont>Lowry. We have options if Wilk flops. We'll get league average+ play from here at least.

RB= Let's carry 2 and Rip until Jones comes back unless someone hits waivers.

Who's ILB 2? All of them are hot/cold.

I really want Gute to make a move for an EDGE. Also, whatever, I could live with what's going on there.

WR.. I'm Moore's biggest fan but if MVS isn't one of the most exciting things happening right now..

Whitehead is the 4th S. maybe look for somebody getting cut.

7 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Spriggs-Bulaga is a tandem we could win with.

Goodson

Herb.

I could cut EQ for Tonyan and Tonyan for Kumerow and Kumerow for EQ someone else make the decision.

I legitimately don't care who our G's are.. Bell, Patrick, McCray, Taylor. Not horrible. They can all do the job, won't bury DL tho.

Kizer should be able to win at least 1 game with this roster so that's neat.

Best CB room we've had since Wood joined the Safeties. Alexander King Jackson.. I'm drinking the Kool-Aid.

Mont>Lowry. We have options if Wilk flops. We'll get league average+ play from here at least.

RB= Let's carry 2 and Rip until Jones comes back unless someone hits waivers.

Who's ILB 2? All of them are hot/cold.

I really want Gute to make a move for an EDGE. Also, whatever, I could live with what's going on there.

WR.. I'm Moore's biggest fan but if MVS isn't one of the most exciting things happening right now..

Also under the influence. 

Drunk me doesn't understand what that means. 

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

Also under the influence. 

Drunk me doesn't understand what that means. 

I'd probably carry Goodson over Herb, I don't think were sacrificing too much in future Corner territory and Good plays higher on the ST DC from what I recalled.

If we're going to carry 6 when House is the 5th the 6th one is pure ST for me.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

IMO, WRs are (in order):  Adams, Cobb, Allison, MVS, EQ, Moore

Kumerow had a better offseason than Moore, without question.  He may have been a bit better than EQ.  I don't like J'Mon Moore.  But I do know that he is a very capable WR when he puts it all together, and that is one that we would regret letting go in 4 years when Jake Kumerow is out of the league.

I would go with Tonyan over Kendricks, personally.  AG was thinking both over Rip.  I don't think I'll lose sleep over that one.

Whitehead reminds me of MD Jennings.  He is fast, and will always be around the play, but he is just bad enough to look like a goat when things inevitably go wrong.  He also plays STs which helps the cause.  I doubt they give up on Jones so quickly.  I preferred Evans to Whitehead, but neither of them is going to protest if I get fired this weekend, so I won't raise a fuss for either of them. 

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

IMO, WRs are (in order):  Adams, Cobb, Allison, MVS, EQ, Moore

Kumerow had a better offseason than Moore, without question.  He may have been a bit better than EQ.  I don't like J'Mon Moore.  But I do know that he is a very capable WR when he puts it all together, and that is one that we would regret letting go in 4 years when Jake Kumerow is out of the league.

I would go with Tonyan over Kendricks, personally.  AG was thinking both over Rip.  I don't think I'll lose sleep over that one.

Whitehead reminds me of MD Jennings.  He is fast, and will always be around the play, but he is just bad enough to look like a goat when things inevitably go wrong.  He also plays STs which helps the cause.  I doubt they give up on Jones so quickly.  I preferred Evans to Whitehead, but neither of them is going to protest if I get fired this weekend, so I won't raise a fuss for either of them. 

I don't think there's much separation here, but from a down-down perspective I wouldn't fight with you at all. I think Moore will take a second to come on.

Oh for sure all props to Kumerow, coming out of nowhere to make it this tough to cut him, he's the Hard Knocks story we never had.

Now Tonyan over Kendricks is interesting.. I'd be about that. With as much as Mac likes a lead blocker I don't know how you cut Rip.. #48 was the only one taking H-back duties I saw this preseason.. and I don't even know who that is, Rader?

I'm ok with Dix-Brice-Jones. I wouldn't hate a better prospect at the 4th instead of a ST body.

6 hours ago, Beast said:

Yeah, other than Tonyan (up), Biegel (down) and WR Davis (???)... I don't think anything was even interesting as far the 53 man roster goes.

Though Tonyan plays did seem like very badly busted coverage at times more than him making a play.

So what are people thoughts of WR Davis? ... does he make it one of the other top WRs?

I thought Davis looked better returning kickoffs than the other guys they've tried. Returning kickoffs nowadays is a crappy job anyway, so I don't know if it matters much. He fumbled on his one punt return, which is obviously not good. Still, they know what they have in him because of last season, and he was pretty good overall, so I would lean toward keeping him over Kumerow and/or St. Brown. 

Good point about Tonyan, nobody seems to be covering him half the time. He's been good, but I still think they will go with Kendricks. 

I thought Biegel was terrible, as usual, while Fackrell had a couple of good rushes and would have had a sack if the ball hadn't been thrown so quickly on one of them. 

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

You'd hope the WRs (who you think are ready to play now) could get open on a few of these. If Boyle has to check down every play, that's saying something about your guys on the outside. I'm seeing a lot of tight windows and contested balls. 

I mean, Boyle isn't playing well by any means....but how about an open WR now and then. KC has one just about every time this nobody 4th string QB drops back to pass, lol. 

Yes, but KC doesn't have Donatello Brown (saw him in a LOT of highlights)

9 hours ago, Cadmus said:

No way I keep Biegel over Fackrell based on what I've seen. 

Biegel might get cut, Fackrell won't.... unless we add 2+ OLBs after final cuts. 

I thought Biegel would shine and break his foot, and my heart, again. I was ready to have him be another Jim Gantner/Mark Tauscher local kid makes good story. There were whispers that he could be better than the third Watt.

Cut him. Nothing to see here.

Fackrell should hold a spot until after a better OLB is released post cutdown. 

Archived