What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

20 minutes ago, Dome said:

It’s been way too long since I slammed back about 30 oyster shooters.

last time I had oysters I ordered a half dozen. they were cold smoked for just a few minutes, and I had a shot of Oban 14 between each. Incredible night

Oysters are wonderful, had a few on the beach in Ventura this week.  Need to make a point to eat them more often.

Best oysters I think I’ve ever had were top with a very small amount of extremely finely minced pineapple and rock salt. Incredible combo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oysters are wonderful, had a few on the beach in Ventura this week.  Need to make a point to eat them more often.

Best oysters I think I’ve ever had were top with a very small amount of extremely finely minced pineapple and rock salt. Incredible combo.

raw, cold smoked w sriracha and lime juice is still my go to.

But I'll eat them however I find them. I do not refuse any oysters. 

I also like that you can eat them all day long and never get full. I don't know where they go. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dome said:

raw, cold smoked w sriracha and lime juice is still my go to.

But I'll eat them however I find them. I do not refuse any oysters. 

I also like that you can eat them all day long and never get full. I don't know where they go. 

Raw is the only way to eat them imo.  

I’m always shocked when people refuse to even try them.  “It looks like snot in an ashtray”, yeah I get it, but they truly are great.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I like them deep fried, ideally on a toasted and heavily buttered bun, about once a year. Like a full dozen on a sandwich. Its very unhealthy, but amazing. 

But I get them crazy cheap at work so I eat them raw most of the time. If I'm feeling lazy I'll throw them on the smoker to open them up, then top them with cream cheese/green onions. But usually raw, while drinking liquor. 

Edited by Dome

1 minute ago, Dome said:

I like them fried, ideally on a toasted sandwich, about once a year. Like a full dozen on a huge bun. Its very unhealthy, but amazing. 

This is exactly the type of thing I’d expect a man who drinks red wine with coke to say.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

But I get them crazy cheap at work so I eat them raw most of the time. If I'm feeling lazy I'll throw them on the smoker to open them up, then top them with cream cheese/green onions. But usually raw, while drinking liquor. 

That’s better you heathen.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is exactly the type of thing I’d expect a man who drinks red wine with coke to say.

That’s better you heathen.

Like I said, I'll get that about once a year. My uncle used to make them for New Years day every year at my grandmas house. Before my grandma died and he went full blow insane and the family fell apart lol. Now I just enjoy it whenever I find a restaurant that has it and nothing else looks like a must have, and reminisce about how awful it was when the only time I could eat this was when I had to be with family. 

But raw is preferred for sure. You don't ever have to stop eating them that way if you don't want to. I found a place that was selling them at a festival for 50 cents each. I took a risk on festival oysters. I quit counting at 20, if I had to guess I hit 40 easy. I didn't get sick, and I ate dinner like 3 hours later. oysters are a mystery to me. can anyone explain? I was stone cold sober, I ate about 40 oysters and didn't get full. Is this everyone else's experience with oysters? how does this happen?

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My mom was with us, and the idea of raw anything gets her skeeved out (it took me about 20 years to get her to try medium steaks - she was a well done person prior to that).

Steaks, I can break that barrier down. I'll let her have the oysters as she pleases.

They oysters were great - grilled, with romano cheese and garlic butter. They were huge, really good oysters. Followed that up with an order of boudain balls and about two lbs of crawfish and about six beers.

I'm happy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm probably going to be buying a new TV tomorrow.  I prefer screen size to any of the bells and whistles and smart TV stuff and I'm really not too big on resolution. I'm also very cheap.  Could somebody just tell me which brands to absolutely avoid?

I don't think I need 4K and as long as it's 1080, I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference.  

Go to slickdeals.net, set a trigger for tvs, and be patient. IF you are cheap you wont replace it, but if you buy some crap you will regret it. I got a 55 inch 4k TV for my bedroom for under $300.... But it took me a bit of waiting.

And you wont see the difference of a 4k TV on most anything, because probably every thing you watch isnt 4k (and up-scaling is crap on everything cheap). What you will get is HDR. It means you will get a ridiculous more colors on everything you watch. And its a game changer. You want HDR, which is pretty much exclusive to 4k TVS.

IF you have to buy tomorrow, there is a TLC TV that has stellar reviews for a cheap tv. You will find it in rtings.com with a little bit of work. Your biggest challenge will be finding a store that has one in stock. At least that was the case last time I looked, everyone is trying to get that TV. 

EDIT: That TLC TV has a different model number for best buy, costco and amazon (I think thats the only places its sold. Its been like 6 months and I have had beer since thing). I think its called the 605 at BBY. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m always shocked when people refuse to even try them.  “It looks like snot in an ashtray”, yeah I get it, but they truly are great.

Gotta be careful eating them raw if you have any stomach/digestive issues. If they haven't been processed properly, they can kill you. But I agree that they are best that way.

2 hours ago, Dome said:

I like them deep fried, ideally on a toasted and heavily buttered bun, about once a year. Like a full dozen on a sandwich. Its very unhealthy, but amazing. 

I hate fried food. First, I feel like the breading overwhelms the good part of the food. Second, it doesn't sit well with me. It makes me feel sick. So I avoid fried food like the plague now (except for french fries and things that are lightly battered, like tempura).

Edited by jrry32

59 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

So I love all these new jobs but one thing that sucks about it is all these new fast food workers you have to deal with. I was waiting so long for someone to come take my order I just left then threw a bottle of water at the building when I was driving away 

when i worked fast food drive thru back in HS id just not say anything sometimes to see if they'd be polite or obnoxious. or id pretend to not understand what they were saying and just repeat back a sentence that was nonsense acting like i was confirming what they were saying. or act like they were at a different fast food place and then be confused when they presented some evidence that they were at the right place. got so many funny bad reviews on facebook and like yelp and what not. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

So I love all these new jobs but one thing that sucks about it is all these new fast food workers you have to deal with. I was waiting so long for someone to come take my order I just left then threw a bottle of water at the building when I was driving away 

That'll teach 'em.

• Like 1