What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

7 hours ago, Dome said:

Portland is bleaching/disinfecting its streets to deal with the human waste runoff problem due to the huge homeless population here. They're literally just running it all into the storm drains now. Out of sight, out of mind.

They're also installing more fences on the bridges and freeway overpasses to keep people from jumping off of them. Public suicides are impacting the community apparently.

We're like halfway to an episode of Black Mirror.

When i visited Portland in the summer, i was amazed by all the tents and make-shift shelters for the homeless.  Sad stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@Dome I’ve been to a helluva lot of breweries and arguably my favorite is in your backyard.

https://victor23.com/beer/

Their Grand Larceny is probably the best beer I’ve ever had.

https://untappd.com/b/victor-23-brewing-grand-larceny-stout-sour-blend/2535311

If you ever get the chance....

Moving this to the top of my list

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theJ said:

When i visited Portland in the summer, i was amazed by all the tents and make-shift shelters for the homeless.  Sad stuff.

It doesn’t help that there’s not a lick of common sense in most those camps either. We saw one where people just had a pile of poop and used TP... they were throwing it over a fence into an area that had a higher elevation than where there were “camping”

do they not know what the rain is gonna so?

@Heimdallr ... if you’re wondering what yardwork is like for those of use who don’t get buried in leaves each fall. 

My 10 step process has never failed me.

1. think about yard work over a beer.
  2. carry required tools to yard with one hand, one at a time. 2nd beer in the other hand
  3. 3rd beer, enjoyed while admiring how good your yard will look soon
  4. 4th beer and 1st break. 
  5. Yard work commences
  6. forgot a tool, back to the garage. Better grab a couple beers. 
  7. 10 more minutes of yard work
  8.  Pee break and beer 5 while admiring what you’ve got done so far
  9. 10 more minutes of yard work. Now it’s done
  10. beer #6 as you throw your tools into a pile in the garage to be dealt with another time

It’s nice. You should move.