What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, Webmaster said:

Drop the discussion please.  

Really? Because we broke the rules once before to talk about casting those votes.

So I will now add my small voice to say I support the equal treatment and equal justice for everyone regardless of color, creed or sexual orientation.    I support the peaceful protests going on to help black lives in America.    Everyone needs to work to make a change in any way they can.   Protest peacefully.  Contact your local representatives in government and make your voice heard.  Most importantly…. Vote!   Support candidates who will make a difference.  Vote in every election.  VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!    If you are over 18 and not registered to vote, do so today!    Go to vote.gov for more information.

Those votes you wanted are under a very real attack right now. I get the rules, but you did the right thing when you stepped up this summer. Respectfully, I think it's time to double down.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Those votes you wanted are under a very real attack right now. I get the rules, but you did the right thing when you stepped up this summer. Respectfully, I think it's time to double down.

and I also said this...  which still stands...

When the forum returns we will move forward as a community with the same rules and restrictions in place.     Our forum’s rules aren’t going to change.   We don’t allow political discussion on this forum because it is far too polarizing and will cause conflicts and resentments that will destroy the community.  

Politics and everything going on in the world is a lot more important than football and what we focus on at FootballsFuture.com, but that doesn’t mean we should discuss these things here. In fact, many members need a politics free zone now more than ever.    Most media outlets use political divide to boost ratings.  Almost every social media site is nothing but political talk.   This site will remain politics free.   

This statement will remain on the site, but it is not up for discussion.  Do not quote me.  Do not discuss it in other topics.  Feel free to contact me via PM with any comments, questions, or feedback.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Drop the discussion please.  

I’m curious at what point things stop being “political” and start being extremely pertinent to the lives of Americans. Like hypothetically if we were invaded and fighting a land war on the west coast would we be able to talk about it?

Would you have let us discuss 9/11?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

I’m curious at what point things stop being “political” and start being extremely pertinent to the lives of Americans. Like hypothetically if we were invaded and fighting a land war on the west coast would we be able to talk about it?

If a war happens, I hope you won't be wasting your time on this forum. 

This is a football forum.  You won't find a better place to discuss football.   We allow off-topic discussion provided it follows the forum rules and doesn't harm the community.   The forum rules are not up for debate and discussion.  Everyone agreed to the forum rules before they joined. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Probably if Section 230 got repealed.

Crazy times.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Probably if Section 230 got repealed.

This will do the exact opposite of what you think.   Removal of section 230 without something replacing it, could make website owners libel for users posts.  As a result, anonymous discussion would completely end.   Reddit would end.  Twitter would end or be completely different.  Facebook might survive, but nothing controversial or public would be allowed.  It would just be private family discussions with every account having to be tied to a SSN.  Instagram would likely end.    If this site still existed, it would be a football only.   No off-topic discussion could be allowed.   Anything where an anonymous user on the internet could cause problems, would end.  Without section 230 protection everything would be censored significantly more.  The exact opposite of what some people think. 

Anyway, let's drop the politics.  

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

If a war happens, I hope you won't be wasting your time on this forum. 

This is a football forum.  You won't find a better place to discuss football.   We allow off-topic discussion provided it follows the forum rules and doesn't harm the community.   The forum rules are not up for debate and discussion.  Everyone agreed to the forum rules before they joined. 

I hope you realize that by suppressing discussion on this specific topic you are firmly taking a stance yourself. "Let's not discuss any politics at all" is an inherently conservative stance to take, and in this certain situation there is clearly and obviously a wrong side to be on.

• Like 3

Complaining about not being able to talk politics on a football forum is baffling to me. Talk to your friends about it. Talk to your family about it. Talk to posters you like in their DM's. Talk about it on social media. There are endless places to talk about it. Random strangers don't need to see and likely don't care about your political opinion. There is no upside for Webby to allow political discussion here.

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, rich homie said:

I hope you realize that by suppressing discussion on this specific topic you are firmly taking a stance yourself. "Let's not discuss any politics at all" is an inherently conservative stance to take, and in this certain situation there is clearly and obviously a wrong side to be on.

No it's not. This is completely false and is a ridiculous statement.     As I have said over and over again...   We don’t allow political discussion on this forum because it is far too polarizing and will cause conflicts and resentments that will destroy the community.   This is a football forum.  I'm not suppressing anyone.  If you want to discuss, debate, and argue politics you are one click away from going to a 1000 other websites to do just that.  Stop acting like you're being oppressed because you can't discuss politics on a forum that is dedicated to football.  

This will be my last post on this, any comments or questions can be sent to me via PM.  I'm locking this topic for now.  

• Like 7