What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

8 hours ago, NS922 said:
8 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yup. Been over a decade since it snowed in Houston - I can't even remember when it last snowed. 2003, maybe? 2005?

The last time it snowed in New Orleans was 2008. I heard some talk on the news yesterday about the potential of snow. I didn't really pay much attention, you never really expect snow around here. Then I wake up this morning and it actually was snowing outside.

Fun times. We got encased in 8" of ice this winter and the schools shut down for 3 weeks. 

I love the NW, but our winters can really, really suck. 

3 month of +85 degrees with just a few over 100 is nice though. So like your guys entire fall and winter and spring?

Maybe I should move. 

2 minutes ago, NS922 said:

Get closer to home base. Home Sweet Dome.

Loomis should relocate to Portland

Better yet, Seattle, send the Hawks to OKC and swap divisions or something. That works out better for division/region purposes as well. 

Edited by domepatrol91

51 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Anyone ever had charges on their credit card randomly disappear? I realized that I overpaid my CC bill today, but that didn't make sense because I paid exactly what it said. When I checked, I realized that the exact amount that I overpaid by (almost $200 in gas and groceries) were charges from a one to two hour window on a single day that randomly disappeared from my statement (they were pending when I paid it). Anyone know why that would happen?

Pre auth. Merchants will send a pre auth/pre fund transaction prior to sending the completion/settlement transaction. You'll usually see it at fueling pumps - $1.00 to make sure the card is good, then the funding transaction after the store batches and routes all transactions.

Odds are the pre auth fell off before the store batched the transaction. Pre auths usually fall off within 24 hours, with or without the completion/settlement transaction. That $200 will eventually settle.

2 hours ago, MathMan said:

i couldnt even imagine.

i leave for a week every couple months and thats rough

It's legitimately unbearable, especially with the internet on my boat being so bad when I'm offshore, I'm not able to skype or video chat to sort make it easier.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Couldnt imagine.  I miss my boys when they they're at school for the day lol.

And it's not just what you're missing, but what he's missing.  There is no substitute for a father in a boy's life.

We all have to do what we have to do to put food on the table, but if you can switch maybe it's worth it. You won't get this time back and no one ever reflects back on their life reminiscing paychecks.

Iyam....fwiw....imho...etc...

Yea, I always figured I would transition shore side eventually, the drop in pay and working a regular 9-5 was always caused a big hesitation with me though.

But now, I really don't care about the money anymore. All I can think about is being gone for 4 weeks at a time when my little guy should be getting to know who his dad is. His eye sight doesn't really come in until like a month or so and I'm not gonna be one of the first people he really sees, really upsets me when I actually sit down and think about it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Pre auth. Merchants will send a pre auth/pre fund transaction prior to sending the completion/settlement transaction. You'll usually see it at fueling pumps - $1.00 to make sure the card is good, then the funding transaction after the store batches and routes all transactions.

Odds are the pre auth fell off before the store batched the transaction. Pre auths usually fall off within 24 hours, with or without the completion/settlement transaction. That $200 will eventually settle.

The weird part is that the pre-auth transactions had the correct amounts. Now, there's nothing. It's been a week, and my next statement period started today, so it seems odd for it to totally disappear. I'll just wait and see. It doesn't affect me one way or the other because I already paid the bill. I appreciate the explanation.

9 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

It's legitimately unbearable, especially with the internet on my boat being so bad when I'm offshore, I'm not able to skype or video chat to sort make it easier.

Yea, I always figured I would transition shore side eventually, the drop in pay and working a regular 9-5 was always caused a big hesitation with me though.

But now, I really don't care about the money anymore. All I can think about is being gone for 4 weeks at a time when my little guy should be getting to know who his dad is. His eye sight doesn't really come in until like a month or so and I'm not gonna be one of the first people he really sees, really upsets me when I actually sit down and think about it.

Hoping the next few weeks go quickly for you, hang in there.

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The weird part is that the pre-auth transactions had the correct amounts. Now, there's nothing. It's been a week, and my next statement period started today, so it seems odd for it to totally disappear. I'll just wait and see. It doesn't affect me one way or the other because I already paid the bill. I appreciate the explanation.

Fuel pumps are pre auth between $1.00 to $75.00 because nobody knows what the settled transaction amount is going to be until you're finished fueling up. 

There are some times in which the merchant connection to the network (Visa, Mastercard, etc) goes down and leads to this scenario. The fix is a pain on the bank/processor side, but you're right - no issue to you, especially if you paid everything in full.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2017 at 2:14 PM, NS922 said:

The last time it snowed in New Orleans was 2008. I heard some talk on the news yesterday about the potential of snow. I didn't really pay much attention, you never really expect snow around here. Then I wake up this morning and it actually was snowing outside.

One of my friends just went to New Orleans to escape the snow. I guess he picked a bad day to travel there? I've heard the weather there is pretty cold.

According to weather network its currently about 48 degrees, which is a little warmer than where he came from, but not the idea you have when you want to escape winter for a bit.. 

I'm visiting Los Angeles next week and am worried about the wildfires, and if i should reschedule my trip to Jan or Feb....

Edited by 49ersfan

5 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Fuel pumps are pre auth between $1.00 to $75.00 because nobody knows what the settled transaction amount is going to be until you're finished fueling up. 

There are some times in which the merchant connection to the network (Visa, Mastercard, etc) goes down and leads to this scenario. The fix is a pain on the bank/processor side, but you're right - no issue to you, especially if you paid everything in full.

What I'm saying though is that they had the exact amounts that I spent at the grocery store and the gas station on my statement before it disappeared (I know because I have the receipts and paid those exact amounts). So it went through at some point and then disappeared in the week between that and me checking my end of the period statement.