What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

She wasn't very, but the other female involved was.

I have a similar story - but the lady winked at me. Thing is, she was insanely attractive, and it threw me off for the rest of the interview. 

Never got a call back, never heard from her again. I seriously think she did that to gauge my reaction.

30 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I have a similar story - but the lady winked at me. Thing is, she was insanely attractive, and it threw me off for the rest of the interview. 

Never got a call back, never heard from her again. I seriously think she did that to gauge my reaction.

She sexually harassed you to see your stance on sexual harassment. You obviously failed.

18 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

if a fat 'homeless' man asks you for food do you get him some? Was gonna tell him he looked like he needed a diet more than another meal and he should spend his unlimited time curling some rocks and the like (not really, but in hindsight, yeah). 

My own personal rule is that if someone in need asks me for food, I oblige if I'm able. They must be pretty needy and I'm happy to help. If they ask for money, once in a great while I give it to them, but usually don't with mental illness/addiction issues.

In all honesty, a lot of homeless guys are obese because I'd about guarantee they're ordering food off of the dollar menu/aren't exactly eating nutritious stuff/working out. It's filling and cheap.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

if a fat 'homeless' man asks you for food do you get him some? Was gonna tell him he looked like he needed a diet more than another meal and he should spend his unlimited time curling some rocks and the like (not really, but in hindsight, yeah). 

No. Where I live we had a recent mass migration of 'homeless' people. They post up on busy corners and I swear to god they rotate spots. Many of the women are plain overweight. Yes they are usually unhealthy looking and middle aged but they're clearly eating more than they need. The men are clearly healthy and hale for the most part. I would put money down on them having a pimp/manager who assigns them spots.

You know if they average $1 per light cycle (every 2.5 minutes or so) they're making over $20/hr.

Edited by cddolphin

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

If I have small bills, yes.

It’s easy to be cynical, but those few dollars mean nothing to me.  They MAY mean something to him. If he buys drugs/booze so be it, but at least I know I was being generous and that feeling to me is worth a couple bucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

If they ask for money, once in a great while I give it to them

Saw a guy holding up a sign that said Needed money for food. Had his 8 or 9 year old next to them. I turned and drove into the Arbys drive thru, heading there anyway, spent 10 bucks on 'em, and brought it to them and he said he didn't want food, he wanted money, and didn't take the food, but did ask if I had a cigarette for him.

Usually this is what I do. I don't ever trust people.

8 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Saw a guy holding up a sign that said Needed money for food. Had his 8 or 9 year old next to them. I turned and drove into the Arbys drive thru, heading there anyway, spent 10 bucks on 'em, and brought it to them and he said he didn't want food, he wanted money, and didn't take the food, but did ask if I had a cigarette for him.

Usually this is what I do. I don't ever trust people.

Ya i was about to say the majority use the “i need food” so it seems more legit than give me money. 

I never give to homeless. Rarely are they really struggling and instead have just realized they make more begging than working. I had a lady on the way to my work that had the old “27 kids starving, no home, cancer in 12 kids, anything helps, god bless” or what ever bs she was slinging. Every day when i got to work every day when i left she was there next to my works “help wanted” sign. 

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If I have small bills, yes.

It’s easy to be cynical, but those few dollars mean nothing to me.  They MAY mean something to him. If he buys drugs/booze so be it, but at least I know I was being generous and that feeling to me is worth a couple bucks.

Its not really cynical as much as just a matter of fact. The vast majority of beggers are not struggling and need help. If you want to help someone you see sleeping on a park bench, then do it, but im not going to be willfully ignorant to the fact that most sign holding beggers aren’t in need just so i can feel good. If im giving in to someone its so that I actually help them not so i can feel good. 

Just now, eagles101 said:

Its not really cynical as much as just a matter of fact. The vast majority of beggers are not struggling and need help. If you want to help someone you see sleeping on a park bench, then do it, but im not going to be willfully ignorant to the fact that most sign holding beggers aren’t in need just so i can feel good. If im giving in to someone its so that I actually help them not so i can feel good. 

I wasn’t asking for your reasons, simply stating mine.