What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

On 2/14/2018 at 10:12 AM, Darth Pees said:

I received a claim today from Aetna for $417 for services rendered. Aetna pays nothing. This is exactly why I don't go to the doctor.

I got charged over $2,000 for a doctor to fix a dislocated pinky finger. It took approximately 8 seconds. The trainer at the gym said he could've done it if it wasn't against policy, for free (probably wouldn't have let him tho). Luckily I didn't end up having to pay for it.

8 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I got charged over $2,000 for a doctor to fix a dislocated pinky finger. It took approximately 8 seconds. The trainer at the gym said he could've done it if it wasn't against policy, for free (probably wouldn't have let him tho). Luckily I didn't end up having to pay for it.

Went to the emergency room for a severe panic attack and some weird lapse in the inisrance and the bill was 3,000 dollars. And all they did was monitor me. Then they gave another bill since i didnt have  insurance for 250. There is more of a severe problem in pricing than insurance. Literally would have cost me more if my insurance didnt lapse. 

I got charged $28k for 9 staples in my head, about 40 minutes in a trauma center. 

It was literally just a medical staple gun, you can buy them on amazon for horses and stuff for like $20

Nurse was hot AF though, Russian girls ftw

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

I got charged $28k for 9 staples in my head, about 40 minutes in a trauma center. 

It was literally just a medical staple gun, you can buy them on amazon for horses and stuff for like $20

You can order a Russian girl on the internet for way less than $28k

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Or you guys could live outside the US and pay normal prices for things.

But then we’d have to live in sh*thole countries. ;) 

All y’all complaing about the medical staff doing nothing, stop going to the hospital for stuff that can be fixed at an urgent care or fix your problem yourself and you’ll be all set :) 

I remember working bedside and having people complain about how we did things... had to remind them WE didn’t show up on THEIR doorstep.

If the costs are outrageous, set up a company that can provide the services cheaper, you’ll be a wealthy, wealthy man.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

They eff you at the hospitals. 

Unless you’re, you know, dying.

3 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

My right knee (patella tendon rupture) ran me about $6,500. I had pretty good insurance, I guess. I think each of my knee surgeries ran about that much.

45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

All y’all complaing about the medical staff doing nothing, stop going to the hospital for stuff that can be fixed at an urgent care or fix your problem yourself and you’ll be all set :) 

I remember working bedside and having people complain about how we did things... had to remind them WE didn’t show up on THEIR doorstep.

If the costs are outrageous, set up a company that can provide the services cheaper, you’ll be a wealthy, wealthy man.

Unless you’re, you know, dying.

It actually would be hard to set up a systme in a hospital to be significantly cheaper..since a lot of countries do it cheaper. 

Your arguements are shallow. Since they can be made with any proce point. Could be 4 million for stiches “hey i didnt show up at your door.” Its one thing to gouge price a product its another to gouge for a life saving treatment.

50 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

My right knee (patella tendon rupture) ran me about $6,500. I had pretty good insurance, I guess. I think each of my knee surgeries ran about that much.

I think the emergency portion of my visit is what jacks the prices up. Those bastids.

dont matter to me though, I just ignored the bills and dodged collectors for a few years and when I won the settlement State Farm had to foot the bill

the year is 2028. tom brady is atop the podium at the mercedez-benz superdome, hoisting up an eleventh lombardi trophy in front of the country, he and the patriots winning another inexplicably close super bowl on the back of a 12-4 season, knocking off the baker mayfield cardinals on a one-point defensive XP safety on the final play of the game as the cardinals tried to send the game to overtime. "arizona to the pit of misery!" brady yells as he flaunts the silver trophy

below him, a crowd of men, none older than 28, none knowing the meaning of the words "tony eason" and "drew bledsoe". a sea of red MAGAA hats far as the eye can see (MAGA Again, the slogan of vince mcmahon's republican presidential campaign, which inspired much of middle and lower class america after dwayne "the rock" johnson's more or less successful dem presidency; mcmahon lost to democrat al gore in spite of the kremlin meddling in the election by sporadically hiding bears in election booths, his message however resonated and remains a major talking point). their voices a monotonous drone, they chant as one.

"dilly dilly!"

smoke fills the arena as bill belichick's ominous behoodied figure steps on to the podium. he raises a hand slowly, and fans in the middle line part to create a lane toward the podium. "dilly dilly!" they chant again.

two rows of two patriots fans march slowly through the lane carrying a large casket. inside of it lies the mangled corpse of joe montana, in preparation for sacrifice to the GOAT. they lay it on the altar in front of the podium and begin to lather it in avocado ice cream. walking in to the ceremony through the lane next is two more drones in red hats, together carrying a tray with thirty seven glasses of water on it. they place the glasses around the altar. they do not kneel before it - as part of his second decree as commissioner jerry jones made it so everyone in an nfl stadium must have at most a thirty degree angle of knee flexion at all times. the chanting from the crowd intensifies every second as blood begins to boil. "dilly dilly!" "dilly dilly!", each dilly more vehement, ominous, and vitriolic than the last.

a flame is lit above montana's sacrificial cadaver and as the torch descends, joe cool is heated up. the dillies from the fans echo so loudly the reverberations are felt on the richter scale, far outweighing the digit the scale showed when marshawn lynch ran over the chiefs in the wildcard round of 2020. the buildings in the french quarter of new orleans begin to crumble from the sheer power of the dilly. belichick's hand is at last lowered as montana burns to a crisp, and in a single moment the dillies are replaced with one word, repeated over and over.

"GOAT!"

"GOAT!"

"GOAT!"

"GOAT!"

patriots fans around the world slaughter the gruff horned ramlike creature and wear the heads as tribal masks. al gore is mysteriously vanished and in a unanimous amendment to the constitution, robert kraft is named supreme leader of the country. the dream of every white man of five foot ten and below is to play slot receiver for the patriots. colts fans are also mysteriously vanished and are declared "enemies of the state", and if they return at all many male colts fans return with their testes punctured - balls deflated. mandatory dress is track pants and a hoodie. every street is renamed patriot way. bill brother is watching at all times.

jesse james still doesn't know what constitutes a catch.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Healthcare doesn't work like other industries. Consumers can't compare prices. Consumers don't have the knowledge to make intelligent decisions. And consumers rarely have legitimate choices. Plus, the barriers to entry are massive. I can't open a hospital in my garage. It's why the industry can get away with such exorbitant and ridiculous pricing. There isn't choice. There is limited ability to truly compete on prices.

In what other industries can you do that? I bet the ones you can name lack legitimate competition. "Oh, you didn't like your sandwich? Well, you showed up at my restaurant. I didn't show up in your kitchen." This is only further proof of all the problems with the healthcare industry.

• Like 1