What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

If everyone else is out of the office or on PTO, I can just not work and no one will notice, right? It's not even 8 and I'm thinking of heading home early. 

Posted from the work computer so this has been logged or something probably. Whoops! 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

If everyone else is out of the office or on PTO, I can just not work and no one will notice, right? It's not even 8 and I'm thinking of heading home early. 

Posted from the work computer so this has been logged or something probably. Whoops! 

Everyone else? Sure why not. Worst case you get caught and use some PTO. Any office snitches?

Guy across the creek has passed 80. Every year he puts out a couple hundred crab pots, and pulls them all by hand. Every year, the past near decade Ive expected him to not do such and retire. Havent seen him recent getting things ready. But today, there he was, loading up and heading out for another year of it.

54 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Coachella is the biggest collection of terrible music I think I've ever seen. They put this together every year too which baffles my mind.

Yeah I was looking at the lineups and there's so many small time bands you never heard of. There's like 1 big act and nothing else great after that. I saw a guy I know posted his VIP tickets for sale for 3k. I love going to concerts but that's way too much.

30 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

Got asked yesterday to be a last minute groomsman because my friends brother flaked out. Tomorrow's the wedding, anyone ever been in a situation like This? I told him yeah I would fill in.

Were you going to the wedding anyway? If so, is it really any different? As a groomsman you don't really have to do anything other than stand there.

Pretty amazing how much difference a proper translation can make.

http://morungexpress.com/rise-of-the-lethal-meek-why-good-people-cannot-be-harmless/

Apparently the verse "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth" is a huge mis-translation centered around the word 'meek'; in the original Greek the word used was 'praotés' which is more accurately defined as:

"properly, temperate, displaying the right blend of force and reserve (gentleness) ("strength in gentleness") avoids unnecessary harshness, yet without compromising or being too slow to use necessary force."

So it should be "Blessed are those who are capable of using force but choose not to do so unless necessary, for they will inherit the earth"