Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

At what point do I start getting concerned that every year the roster seems to have multiple UDFA's making the final 53?  Shouldn't that be kind of a one-off thing rather than the norm?

Do me a quick exercise.  Look at the rest of the NFC North teams, how many UDFAs make the final 53?

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

At what point do I start getting concerned that every year the roster seems to have multiple UDFA's making the final 53?  Shouldn't that be kind of a one-off thing rather than the norm?

I'm guessing a lot of teams have UDFA make the roster many years. I'll bet the Patriots have one or two make their roster this year. The bottom of your roster tends to turn over when those players don't take a 2nd or 3rd year leap. 

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

well, 53/7 is 7.6.  So you would have to hit on every one of your 7 draft picks for 7 years just to complete a roster.  And honestly, the way you get guys like Sam Shieldsis by sifting through these guys, and showing guys that weren't drafted that they do have a chance to earn playing time on this team.

My guess is that either Kumerow doesn't put up much in terms of numbers, and he makes way for Jones, or Boyle get's to the PS at that time. Thought We should have kept Rip over some of these guys, if only just to cut him when Jones gets back, because we are crazy light at RB right now. Rip was serviceable there in game.

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If they wind out being Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, or Julian Edelman you won't hear me complain. I'll even take that one EDGE we get every year.

Archived