Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

4 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

There is nothing about this that makes sense. Type of move that turns you into the what the Browns were for the past decade. The lottery ticket analogy was perfect. 

You have this backwards. It's the Bears who bought the $130M lottery ticket as though Mack is the end Al be all savior, not the Raiders. Only way this doesn't work out for the Raiders is if they are so inept (like the Browns previous draft history) that they screw up 4 1st Rd picks and misused $130m+ in extra cap on FA over the next few seasons!!

As a Packers fan, I would just like to say...

GOD ******* DAMMIT!

Mack gives the Bears one of the best front 7s in the NFL, they have two talented safeties, and a number of solid corners.

I still think they are behind GB and Minny depending on Trubisky, but that defense has a legit shot at being the best in the NFL this year.

3 hours ago, game3525 said:

Dallas had Dak on a rookie deal and for a plethora of reasons (some out of their control), they didn't take advantage of it. 

Again, the hell you talking about? Dak is just going into year three of his contract, he is still on the rookie contract. But we certainly attempted to fit people in, be basically max out the cap every year. 

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You have this backwards. It's the Bears who bought the $130M lottery ticket as though Mack is the end Al be all savior, not the Raiders. Only way this doesn't work out for the Raiders is if they are so inept (like the Browns previous draft history) that they screw up 4 1st Rd picks and misused $130m+ in extra cap on FA over the next few seasons!!

It's a long term move. Pretty much saying the Raiders roster lacks talent and this is a rebuild that will take a few years.

On Gruden, if he get Carr playing to his 2016 season consistently, then all will be forgiven in time. Anything less, things are going to get ugly.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Absolutely, but I think more top 15 picks, and 23m per year to spread on more Trey Burton/Allen Robinson's etc.. gives you a longer, better chance at that window.

I'm not suggesting that the Bears apparently won't be giving up a lot to acquire Mack, but draft picks are a crap shoot. Mack is a proven, Hall of Fame caliber player. You're also apparently not aware that the Bears just signed Burton and Robinson. As long as the Bears properly front load Mack's contract, the biggest key players they may not be able to re-sign would be Howard and Adrian Amos.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

And the Bears are one hit away from having no first round picks until 2021 and Chase Daniel as QB.

Wow, you're really trying hard to convince yourself this is a terrible move on the Bears' part, aren't you? It's a gamble, but it's far from a terrible move. The Bears were also a much better team to begin with than you're willing to admit. 

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

You are looking at it from such a narrow perspective.  You are ignoring the new coaching staff/offensive system, and growth of their existing roster.  Last year the offense was a turd because the playcalling from Loggains was complete garbage and everyone was hurt.   There is plenty of room for growth.  It'd be a mistake to write them off just because of last years record.

And it'd be just as much of a mistake to assume they are going to improve just because they got a new coaching staff.  Right now they are a mediocre team who signed a few good free agents, changed coaching staffs, and have a mediocre/unproven QB.  Now, if Trubisky breaks out like Wentz did last year, things will look great! If he's Christian Ponder however, then suddenly the Bears have a 25M/year defensive player a few years away from 30, with a bad QB, and no draft assets to fix the team for at least a while.  

Time will tell if this was the right move to make, I just think it would have made more sense to see how your new coach and QB are going to work out before putting all of your chips in the pot and going all in.

4 minutes ago, fortdetroit said:

And it'd be just as much of a mistake to assume they are going to improve just because they got a new coaching staff.  

Is that not an assumption that you are making for Detroit?  Lol.

Its obviously not simply "Just because they got a new coaching staff", but a sum of all the additions, changes, and development over the offseason.  I don't think this makes the Bears the top team in the NFC North or even necessarily a wildcard spot yet, but to assume that because they were 5-11 last year, and that spending money in free agency doesn't always pan out, that they weren't a contendor before, thats really not giving them their due credit.  This team is very very different from the one last year.  It all falls on trubisky now.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Floored that the Raiders actually pulled the trigger and traded Mack. At least looks like they will receive exactly what they wanted. Will be interesting if down the line this changes how teams deal with elite non-QBs; will more teams trade their players set for huge paydays in exchange for picks that will allow them to hopefully get more studs for cheap for 4-5 years?

Khalil Mack is the best player traded since ____ ?

Probably Marshall Faulk.

Bears reporters saying no player now.

2019 1st, 2020 1st, and 2020 3rd

11 minutes ago, fortdetroit said:

And it'd be just as much of a mistake to assume they are going to improve just because they got a new coaching staff.  Right now they are a mediocre team who signed a few good free agents, changed coaching staffs, and have a mediocre/unproven QB.  Now, if Trubisky breaks out like Wentz did last year, things will look great! If he's Christian Ponder however, then suddenly the Bears have a 25M/year defensive player a few years away from 30, with a bad QB, and no draft assets to fix the team for at least a while.  

Time will tell if this was the right move to make, I just think it would have made more sense to see how your new coach and QB are going to work out before putting all of your chips in the pot and going all in.

Trubisky failing doesnt mean the end. Theyve still got Jordan Howard and a top 10 defense led by a premier DC that added Mack and Roquan Smith. Look what a great RB and a top notch D did for JAX last year. If you have a top tier D and a solid running game, you can compete with most of the league every week.

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

Is that not an assumption that you are making for Detroit?  Lol.

Its obviously not simply "Just because they got a new coaching staff", but a sum of all the additions, changes, and development over the offseason.  I don't think this makes the Bears the top team in the NFC North or even necessarily a wildcard spot yet, but to assume that because they were 5-11 last year, and that spending money in free agency doesn't always pan out, that they weren't a contendor before, thats really not giving them their due credit.  This team is very very different from the one last year.  It all falls on trubisky now.

I am?  Where did I mention anything about Detroit?  Patricia could be great coach, better than Caldwell, and maybe the Lions win 11 games.  Or he's absolutely terrible, and we'll be longing for the days of mediocre 9-7 Caldwell.  I was ok with moving on from Caldwell because the best we were ever going to be was average with zero running game. I have no ******* clue how Patricia will end up, but I do know I don't want my them going all in, trading all their 1st rounders for a linebacker and completely mortgaging the future, just because things *might* be better with Patricia.  

Archived