Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, flyers0909 said:

Maybe I'm totally forgetting something, but if the white walkers didn't have the dragon, they couldn't have gotten past the wall right?

Starting to think the NK has Bran like powers. He planned to have the dragon all along. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I thought the same about Ned's rule, but then I remembered he taught that to the boys. Not the girls. So, who cares if they didn't follow the rule?

I kinda do actually. The honor is what distinguishes the Stark's from all the other houses. And all the talk about missing father and about honor and justice it just seems off for a Stark not to follow the house code.

5 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Looks like the Stark girls didn't learn Ned's capital punishment rules. Sad I was kind of hoping it would be Sansa.

I mean, it's splitting hairs, but technically Ned's words were "the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."  Neither of the girls are, obviously, men... and thus no sword was swung.  Not to mention, I don't think Baelish was exactly going to be all that willing to kneel down, bend over, and off up his neck.

Just now, sunnygsm said:

He was a shell of his former self. I did like him in the earlier seasons. 

Agreed. He could only play chess for so long.

Just now, flyers0909 said:

Maybe I'm totally forgetting something, but if the white walkers didn't have the dragon, they couldn't have gotten past the wall right?

The wall is supposed to be magically protected so they would had to build a wight ladder to get over it.

Just now, Herbie_Hancock said:

Different expectations I guess. Definitely was thinking more would happen. 

What all really happened:

finally the jon snow reveal. 

Jamie leaves Cersei/kings landing. 

Night king gets thru the wall. 

Littlefinger dies. 

All 4 of the major happenings were pretty much non surprising. 

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think being surprised is a requirement for an amazing episode.

I knew pretty much all of what was going to happen like you said. All I wanted to see was those things done justice and they certainly were.

The acting and production levels were superb. 

The fact that I knew what was gonna happen, but was still on the edge of my seat enjoying every second of it only makes it greater in my eyes.

Just now, The LBC said:

I mean, it's splitting hairs, but technically Ned's words were "the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."  Neither of the girls are, obviously, men... and thus no sword was swung.  Not to mention, I don't think Baelish was exactly going to be all that willing to kneel down, bend over, and off up his neck.

That is definitely splitting hairs. That is a hair the Lannisters would split, not the Starks. And he doesn't have to be willing they have people there to hold him down.