Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Doesn't that belong to Howland Reed, Meera's father? I believe Meera is the current heir as well afterJojen was eaten by Bran.

No one occupies the Castle right now. Reed's have Greywater Watch which I believe is slightly south of Moat Cailin in the Neck

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I just want Gendry to be legitimized so the Baratheons don't die out.  Give them the Stormlands back. 

I can't decide if I want that or if I want Tarth to become the new head of the Stormlands so Brienne get's it when her father passes. Although even in the latter Gendry can be legitimized and be the Lord of Storm's End.

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

You think Tormund would accept that? No sex? He ain't giving up Brienne that easily. Plus for a former freefolk to then go to that level of obedience to a king is unrealistic to me. More likely he gets named a Lord and gets a castle in the North. Maybe he takes Moat Cailin. Not really his environment per se, but can be a surprisingly powerful figure being right on the Kingsroad.

OR, maybe Brienne is the Lord of the Stormlands and Tormund is her dude.

On 8/21/2017 at 0:33 AM, wackywabbit said:

The Sansa and Arya plot has been stupid, but I feel like they'll kill it off and turn around on Littlefinger next episode. These characters are too far for this sibling squabbling to have serious repercussions. Sending Brienne off may have been a fakeout, but I'm not sure since more Jaime and Brienne seems like something they would try for. But Bran is still there and could tell his sisters they're being played if they don't already know.

It was better than any other way this plot could have gone, but once again the show has been extremely safe and predictable this season, relative to prior ones.

But, this was probably the most fun season, for sure.

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

Anyone else think a marriage of Lyanna Mormont to Sweetrobin Arryn would be the best for both of them? Sweetrobin doesn't have to actually rule. And Lyanna gets power and holds the Vale for the Northerners. (Age isn't a question here either as She's 12 and he's 15)

I give it two weeks (if even through the wedding feast) before Lyanna backhands him upside the head and walks off muttering, "I'm not doing this crap."

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I just want Gendry to be legitimized so the Baratheons don't die out.  Give them the Stormlands back. 

I'd like to think that happens (I don't think that the show would address it, but if I were imagining what happened after the show ended), but then I remember that Dany is trying to "break the wheel". Isn't doing things like that just sort of putting the wheel right back in place? I don't know. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd like to think that happens (I don't think that the show would address it, but if I were imagining what happened after the show ended), but then I remember that Dany is trying to "break the wheel". Isn't doing things like that just sort of putting the wheel right back in place? I don't know. 

I always took the "break the wheel" bit to be a not-so-covert reference to the War of the Roses and effectively we're looking at the Monarch being more of a figurehead and caretaker than and all-powerful ruler, basically more of an early stages British Parliament.

• Like 1

Just now, The LBC said:

I always took the "break the wheel" bit to be a not-so-covert reference to the War of the Roses and effectively we're looking at the Monarch being more of a figurehead and caretaker than and all-powerful ruler, basically more of an early stages British Parliament.

Interesting take. Would certainly fit in given that a ton of the inspiration for the series with regards to the political machinations were derived from the War of the Roses. I could see that happening.