Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Can we stop talking about this nonsense and just enjoy that next week Jon and Dany are finally going to meet. 

Personally, I thought the arc involving Grima and Theoden was pretty pivotal to the over-arching plot. Really moved things along.

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I never suggested he called me sexist.  I suggested there was an absurdity in trying to add to the debate, "He's trying to speak for us and women, lol."  Like... What in the eff does that have to do with the debate? 

I mean, it was relevant to what had been discussed. Especially since it is partially what spurred the discussion.

I think others are right that this discussion should be tabled. We have spent about 5-6 hours talking about this, which is about 9 times as long as the amount of screen time that Grey Worm has had.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If I'm wrong, I'll have a whole lot of crow to eat.  But I doubt you're right.  I see no betrayal in him, I see only a fabricated emotional death scene for him. 

But just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there to find. Perhaps the end of his involvement and the twist are all one and the same. That's the joy of some of these more fantastical elements and plot points; you don't always see them coming. Hidden in plain sight, as it were. After all, if there wasn't something important planned with the development of this part, why would so much time be devoted to it? Surely it's not just to draw in more women; there undoubtedly is something more sinister hidden beneath this facade, this thin veneer of obedience. Sycophants will sometimes go to great lengths to make a point!

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I mean, it was relevant to what had been discussed. Especially since it is partially what spurred the discussion.

How is it relevant?  It was a baseless insult.  How did I try to speak for women other than saying that Missandei is not a main draw for women who watch the series, considering there are better women characters and considering she didn't come into the show until season two or three? 

Does anybody actually think Jon will convince Dany that the danger to the North will be more worth her time, troops, and dragons than re-conquering Westoros? It's going  to be a clash of personalities. What could potentially make this very bad is Jon refusing to "bend the knee" as she put it to Melissandre. At that point, he is a cocky usurper (in her eyes).

Edited by cddolphin

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

How is it relevant?  It was a baseless insult.  How did I try to speak for women other than saying that Missandei is not a main draw for women who watch the series, considering there are better women characters and considering she didn't come into the show until season two or three? 

We are not going to discuss the semantics of its relevancy in this thread. If you are concerned about it, please private message me.

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Hearing Ed Sheeran sing for 30 seconds was more enjoyable than watching a eunuch stumble down to Missandei's nether region.

Huh. I would have thought hearing Ed Sheeran sing is precisely what having a eunuch stumble down to one's nether region would feel like; awkward for everybody, not exactly what you were hoping for, and immediately wishing anything else was going on at that moment in time.

Just now, cddolphin said:

Hearing Ed Sheeran sing for 30 seconds was more enjoyable than watching a eunuch stumble down to Missandei's nether region.

Director's cut with Shereen singing two full songs in place of Greyworm and I'd buy that version. 

19 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Does anybody actually think Jon will convince Dany that the danger to the North will be more worth her time, troops, and dragons than re-conquering Westoros? It's going  to be a clash of personalities. What could potentially make this very bad is Jon refusing to "bend the knee" as she put it to Melissandre. At that point, he is a cocky usurper (in her eyes).

No way in hell does Jon bend the knee. Tyrion and Davos are going to have a tough time mediating the situation. 

35 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

Personally, I thought the arc involving Grima and Theoden was pretty pivotal to the over-arching plot. Really moved things along.

It's Grenn and Theon. 7 seasons and you still can't get the names right? Wth?