Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't get how people can defend a superfluous romance between two meaningless characters being worthy of so much screen time.  They literally have zero bearing on the outcome of the show other than interpreting and fighting. 

If this is what you're concerned about, why aren't you bitching about HotPie? He had almost just as much OST as those two

11 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No, it's not.  The fact that she has one is good enough for an interpreter.  The fact that she has a general for the Unsullied is good enough. 

They're stupid characters.  Especially for book readers who see that they're not remotely developed in the books and they were added while much better characters were removed. 

As a proponent of character development, how is that good enough?

Who cares about the books at this point? The TV show is its own separate entity, especially at this point.

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't get how people can defend a superfluous romance between two meaningless characters being worthy of so much screen time.  They literally have zero bearing on the outcome of the show other than interpreting and fighting. 

Beric Dondarrion has literally been brought back from the dead and has more intrigue in his eye patch than Greyworm has in total.  Less screen time. 

Final question because anything else is pointless:

Where do you, personally, rank Greyworm as far as favorite character?  Would you rather have more of Greyworm or any other character?  I rest my case. 

That comes back to the same critical point: you aren't choosing between screen time for Greyworm and someone else. See: the aforementioned points that have never been addressed, let alone refuted.

4 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:
10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If this is what you're concerned about, why aren't you bitching about HotPie? He had almost just as much OST as those two

I am furious at how much time they have wasted on HotPie and that he played such a pivotal role in Arya's upcoming journey. Dude isn't even good at his job considering he didn't even charge Arya.

4 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Yeah, I'm having a hard time figuring out why people don't like him now. After his introduction, hipster, barista looking self made his introduction in Ep1, I get it. He was kind of a tool but I think he took a major step forward this episode in terms of being a villain. 

In a show where we gladly offer up suspension of disbelief for some outlandish personalities and creatures, Euron sometimes comes across as a Loony Tunes cartoon character.  He reappears this season looking like the lead singer of a Nickelback cover band and runs his mouth endlessly.  Yosemite Greyjoy.  LoL

@HorizontoZenith You seem to be skipping over the point that was mentioned before. While in Meereen and before that, what other characters aside from Dany were there to focus on? It's not about their importance compared to characters in Westeros, but compared to other characters nearby.

It really comes down to that you aren't a fan of the characters, and that's fine. You don't have to like the characters, but other people do. Why this angers you so much is baffling to me.

Want to complain about throw away scenes? What about the scene with Jon and Littlefinger? We go nothing new out of the scene really.

7 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Want to complain about throw away scenes? What about the scene with Jon and Littlefinger? We go nothing new out of the scene really.

Disagree. It's the first time we've seen them interact since.. season 1. It was the first time Littlefinger address the fact that the Knights of the Vale saved Jon's bacon. Jon made it clear that he wasn't going to put up with Littlefinger's shenanigans. Luckily for Littlefinger, Jon announced 10 minutes later he'd be leaving the North entirely.

Jon vs Sansa / Littlefinger is the best thing the show has had going for it the first couple episodes.

27 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Disagree. It's the first time we've seen them interact since.. season 1. It was the first time Littlefinger address the fact that the Knights of the Vale saved Jon's bacon. Jon made it clear that he wasn't going to put up with Littlefinger's shenanigans. Luckily for Littlefinger, Jon announced 10 minutes later he'd be leaving the North entirely.

Jon vs Sansa / Littlefinger is the best thing the show has had going for it the first couple episodes.

None of that is new though. They haven't interacted, but they could have at least shown more of a mental struggle. We knew Jon didn't like him and that's pretty much what the scene was showing. Kind of just like "don't forget that they don't get along." Them interacting was probably needed, but something of more substance would have been great.

HotPie has shown up once since season one.  LOL at that. 

Who else is there to focus on in Mereen?  Daenerys, the one who ACTUALLY MATTERS.

Suggesting I'm ignoring the fact that he needs to be developed...

He doesn't need to be developed because he is unimportant.

Baelish - Has made insane amounts of moves in the game.

Sansa - Is actually playing the game.

Daenerys - Is playing the game.

Beric Dondarrion - Is actually fighting for something other than Danerys.

I could go on, but the simple fact of the matter is that people aren't seeming to get that Greyworm is inconsequential to what actually happens.  He is never going to do anything but follow the orders of Daenerys, and he doesn't have any bearing whatsoever on the grand scheme of the outcome of the series. 

He's a pawn, and the rooks, knights, queens, kings and bishops of the game are receiving less attention than a pawn. 

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

He's a pawn, and the rooks, knights, queens, kings and bishops of the game are receiving less attention than a pawn. 

This is probably the biggest argument. If Greyworm or Missandei die in the opening scene of episode three, what changes? Mostly nothing. (I would put Gilly in that same category.) You can't say that about 25+ other characters.

Jon
Sansa
Arya
Bran
Meera
Tormund
Brienne
Varys
Tyrion
Littlefinger
Grandma Martell
Euron
Yara
Cersei
Jaime
The Mountain
Qyburn
The Hound
Dondarrion
Melissandre
Theon
Jorah
Sam

That's off the dome, I'm sure I'm forgetting a handful.

Edited by cddolphin

If the rooks, knights, queens, kings, and bishops are receiving less attention than the pawn with the 35th overall most screen time, I think you may have to re-evaluate your classification of those rooks, knights, queens, kings, and bishops.

But yeah, the lack of attention that Daenerys has had during the series has been atrocious.

I can't recall, outside of Littlefinger being known as a slimey dude throughout Westeros, what exactly does Jon know about Littlefinger that makes him dislike him so much? I don't think he has any forehand knowledge of his connection to Ned's death or any of his other plots while Jon has been at the Wall.

Dany needs someone to interact with. Captain FriendZone was kicked out, Barristan Selmy died, and Tyrion/Daario Naharis aren't a complete inner circle nor are they trustworthy. 

It didn't have to be Grey Worm or Missandei, but it had to be someone and it had to be a loyal someone.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

I can't recall, outside of Littlefinger being known as a slimey dude throughout Westeros, what exactly does Jon know about Littlefinger that makes him dislike him so much? I don't think he has any forehand knowledge of his connection to Ned's death or any of his other plots while Jon has been at the Wall.

Jon knows that Littlefinger sold Sansa to Ramsey Bolton. I can't believe he hasn't killed him already.

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

He has none. Zero. Even the Bran murder plot. All that happened after he left for the Wall. Which is why them getting some facetime is such a big deal IMO. To my memory, I don't recall them interacting a single time.