Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I've seen a few articles where the author states Melisandre has staked her claim in Dany being the princess that was promised.  However, it was pretty clear to me that Melisandre avoided answering Dany's question of "You believe this prophecy refers to me?" by answering "I believe you have a role to play."  What say you peeps?

2 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I think she believes Jon Snow is the chosen one now after she brought him back to life. 

Pretty clearly IMO.  I'm just not sure how anyone watched that and came away thinking she thinks Dany is who the prophecy refers to.  She's Team Jon all the way.

On 7/24/2017 at 4:46 PM, cddolphin said:

Does anybody actually think Jon will convince Dany that the danger to the North will be more worth her time, troops, and dragons than re-conquering Westoros? It's going  to be a clash of personalities. What could potentially make this very bad is Jon refusing to "bend the knee" as she put it to Melissandre. At that point, he is a cocky usurper (in her eyes).

Initially nope. But I do think the Unsullied will get crushed at Casterly Rock and maybe at that point she'll reconsider

On 7/24/2017 at 11:21 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

Point number 1,000... I've been calling him Wormtongue the entire time and nobody even noticed I was getting his name wrong, not even me. 

Eh, I noticed it in both threads. I just thought it was corny. 

Question. Who exactly is left at Casterly rock to defend it? I assume most of the Lannister forces are probably at King's Landing, as well as any generals. And obviously there aren't any notable Lannisters left who should be residing there. Seems like it should be a pretty easy get for Dany.

8 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Question. Who exactly is left at Casterly rock to defend it? I assume most of the Lannister forces are probably at King's Landing, as well as any generals. And obviously there aren't any notable Lannisters left who should be residing there. Seems like it should be a pretty easy get for Dany.

I would agree. Undoubtedly, there is a castellan there, but i would wager a pretty light garrison overall. Younger and older men, maybe some of the injured and maimed. It helps dany that Robb did quite a bit of damage specifically to the Lannister armies as well. 

8 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

No one that should be able to do any sort of damage to the army Dany is sending over there. The point of taking it is definitely just to rub Cersei's face in it and hope that the rest of the realm loses confidence in her (or fear of her, since I'm not sure anyone in the seven kingdoms has any confidence in her at this point) when she loses her home. Though given the losses she just sustained, I'm doubtful she can afford to send the entire army she was planning on sending to Casterly Rock anyways.

On 7/27/2017 at 3:25 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

I mean it is the Lannister's home so I'd imagine it's fairly well guarded. The show isn't going to make it easy for Dany to get at all though, wouldn't surprise me if they actually the unsullied back.

45 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I mean it is the Lannister's home so I'd imagine it's fairly well guarded. The show isn't going to make it easy for Dany to get at all though, wouldn't surprise me if they actually the unsullied back.

Theoretically, Cersei is attempting to assemble all available forces for the coming war. Which means that Casterly Rock would probably be less guarded as she brings troops towards Kings Landing. Though it is fully possible, for the sake of working in another massive battle scene, that Casterly Rock will be well guarded. With that said, we saw how tough it was to take Riverrun, so even if it isn't all that well guarded, it will still probably be a time-consuming siege. Unless the dragons just go over the walls and wipe things out rapidly.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Theoretically, Cersei is attempting to assemble all available forces for the coming war. Which means that Casterly Rock would probably be less guarded as she brings troops towards Kings Landing. Though it is fully possible, for the sake of working in another massive battle scene, that Casterly Rock will be well guarded. With that said, we saw how tough it was to take Riverrun, so even if it isn't all that well guarded, it will still probably be a time-consuming siege. Unless the dragons just go over the walls and wipe things out rapidly.

Eh fair enough but I doubt Jamie would leave Casterly Rock vunerable since he's in charge of the armies. Using the dragons at casterly rock makes no sense since they're going with Tyrion's plan of using westeroi armies, at least for now until Danny goes full Mad queen and burns Tyrion.

Just now, OleXmad said:

Eh fair enough but I doubt Jamie would leave Casterly Rock vunerable since he's in charge of the armies. Using the dragons at casterly rock makes no sense since they're going with Tyrion's plan of using westeroi armies, at least for now until Danny goes full Mad queen and burns Tyrion.

Ah, I missed the plan with the dragons and tried to quickly look it up. If it's just the Unsullied and Dothraki, it'll likely be tough. Dothraki aren't really built for sieging a castle. 

On 7/24/2017 at 2:16 PM, cddolphin said:

He has none. Zero. Even the Bran murder plot. All that happened after he left for the Wall. Which is why them getting some facetime is such a big deal IMO. To my memory, I don't recall them interacting a single time.

The show has shown no interaction between the two except for the interaction in the crypt.  They haven't been anywhere close to each other in the books.  Whichever is closer: Winterfell and King's Landing or The Wall and the Eyrie.

These are the named characters that we know have interacted with both Petyr Baelish and Jon Snow:  Sansa Stark, Eddard Stark, Catelyn Stark, Tyrion Lannister, and Janos Slynt.  Baelish has only been around Sansa when Jon Snow was important.  Baelish probably knew of Jon Snow, as he was obsessed with Catelyn, but before being elected Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Jon Snow was unimportant.  In the book, we know that Jon Snow is off of Baelish's radar completely, as Sansa learns that Jon is Lord Commander from the girl that takes them down the mountain from the Eyrie, and she is surprised by this -> Baelish never brought him up.  The only info Jon could have gotten about Baelish was from Janos Slynt while at The Wall.  There was no reason for Tyrion or Eddard to talk about Baelish, Sansa didn't know Baelish before Jon went to the Wall, and Catelyn hated Jon.  

It is likely that show Sansa has talked to both off screen.  Jon and Baelish have had to interact at least a bit, seeing as Jon is the King in the North, and Baelish is Lord Protector of the Vale, and saved Jon's ***.  It would have made more sense to have them interact a little on screen before getting into a confrontation.  I'll just chalk that up to poor writing.

also:

tumblr_otlmqp4ORN1s5m21go3_540.gif

3 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Can I just ask, judging by the final scene with the Greyjoys are we assuming their entire fleet has been destroyed whilst their cousins is untouched?

Yeah, I think its safe to say that pretty much all of Yara's fleet is gone, but I wouldn't say Euron's is "untouched".  It's important to remember that Yara's ships aren't all the ships available to Dany. 

3 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Also how quickly did they build 1,000 ships?!

I had a similar problem with this.  I think it's best to assume that the "1,000 ships" claim is hyperbole (despite the fact Euron's said it more than once), otherwise you might end up going down the rabbit hole I did and start researching medieval ship building and how many trees it would require to build them all :D

9 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Ah, I missed the plan with the dragons and tried to quickly look it up. If it's just the Unsullied and Dothraki, it'll likely be tough. Dothraki aren't really built for sieging a castle. 

Whatch out for the Sewers. Remember Tywinn made Tyrion inchargs of them as a youngster and the crap never flowed better in all of Casterly Rock