Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

21 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I thought it was just as natural as him reaching the end goal of a redemption arc.  Sometimes people backslide.  It makes sense that someone on this show would revert to past behavior.  

Yeah, Cersei and Jaime dying together is the natural conclusion to that character arc.  It was far from perfect how they arrived there, but it's the right destination.

I also don't think Tyrion's dead.  I will stick to that til he is shown burning to nothing on screen, dammit!

• Like 2

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

So they flew him out and got him a place to stay for that?

Thats where Ghost "pat on the head money" went too?

Im slightly outraged.

or they dont have to show Jon petting the dog because its implied that at some point Jon has pet his pupper off screen.

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Absolutely. D&D kinda blow but if GRRM had actually done his job they would have been able to do the thing they were hired for, adapt the book to TV, and not create the ending for some guy who can't be bothered. 

Reading this somehow reinforced my feelings that I shouldn't be mad at the show for what it is. They've had to make do with what they had, and while I believe they didn't manage to nail the landing, it's the equivalent of the pilot jumping out with a parachute halfway through the flight. You just have to appreciate that you somehow managed to make it to your destination, for better or worse.

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Anyone believing this?

Nah. Though it wouldn't surprise me if he finished two books around the same time, and had them released within a year of each other or something, before having one more 'final' book.

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Nope.  Danys gonna order the dragon to burn him but he won’t be hurt cause he’s targaryn.  

Now that would be amazing.

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, Cersei and Jaime dying together is the natural conclusion to that character arc.  It was far from perfect how they arrived there, but it's the right destination.

I also don't think Tyrion's dead.  I will stick to that til he is shown burning to nothing on screen, dammit!

Agreed.

I might be wrong.

Side note: I want Greyworm dead so bad.