Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

That reason is because he has always lived for Cersei. Now, she's pregnant with his kid. Everyone is acting like him trying to save Cersei and their child completely ruins all of his redemption, and it doesn't. 

I don't think it completely ruins it, but I am somewhat disappointed because that would have been an epic redemption story had it been completed, and it nearly happened.

17 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

But deep down, she's the only person he truly loved and being away from her, he seemingly realized that. I guess I just didnt have as big of a problem w/ it. They always said they came into this world together and they would leave it together.

I think the biggest problem w/ this season is we only have 6 episodes. This needs to be 10. They really sped up a lot of things and this is just one example. I know all he said to Brienne is that he was a terrible person or whatever right before he left but they should've spent more time on this part. Unfortunately they couldn't.

I get what you’re saying, but if that’s the direction they were going it was poorly executed imo.  Hopefully the books will explain Jamie’s motivation better. 

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Jamie was a dirtbag and redeemed his honor by abandoning Cersei and coming to fight for the north in the battle of Winterfell.  He beds Brienne and seems happy.  Then for some reason decides to crap on all of that to ride to kings landing and die with Cersei (the person who’s trying to kill him).  Just seemed like a weak ending.  

It was an odd twist. 

I took it to mean a couple of things. After being with Brienne, Jamie realized that he really didn't deserve her, and was talking himself into what his prior cruel and evil deeds truly deserved.

Mainly though, after hearing that Cersei and Co. were kicking *** and just might win.. I think Jamie (like Tyrion), wanted a more peaceful resolve than for Cersei to just kill everyone (including Brienne after the battle down South). Maybe he thought that by showing up and talking with her, he could appeal to a less vicious side of her once and for all? and if not, snuffing her out instead.

:/ 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I get what you’re saying, but if that’s the direction they were going it was poorly executed imo.  Hopefully the books will explain Jamie’s motivation better. 

I can't disagree w/ how it was executed as by my second statement. They really needed more time. I also didn't factor in the fact Cersei was pregnant w/ their child also as someone else pointed out. That's a ton of motivation to return to her if I've ever heard it lol.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I agree, which is why I am REALLy struggling with Arya's purpose in that episode other than to show one side of Dany's destruction. Everyone likes Arya so they used her POV to show the devastation on the ground I guess.

That, and I think they just want the audience to think Arya will kill dany, so when Jon does it and **** hits the fan, we have our bittersweet ending 

My biggest gripe about this season is that Brienne absolutely should have died against the white walkers. They didn’t need her to have sex with Jaime...it added nothing to either of their stories and wasted time. 

May that point it would have given more reason for Jaime to go back. 

They’ve missed many opportunities this season, and I think that the time crunch is the primary reason. If they were allotted the amount of time they got, them I can understand that. But they could have actually SAVED time and added emotion by Brienne dying in Jamie’s arms. 

I also wish that Jamie would have mercy killed Cersei. The problem is that mercy killing may not be culturally consistent, but it would have fulfilled the book prophecy that has many book readers frustrated today. 

But it was a great episode. Is the GoT everything it could have been? No. But it is still phenomenal. I’m a book reader and I still really appreciate the show. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

That is a good outlook on it and I can't disagree TBH. Your last line sums it up pretty well also if this is what people were pissed about. I just don't think him going back to the one person he has always truly loved is just a bad way to end his character but I guess I can see why people would have a problem w/ it. Just not as important to me.

The line that bugged me was where Jaime said he didn't care about the people in King's Landing. 

I'm okay with Jaime not killing Cersei (she wasn't a threat, so why), but that was a direct shot at one of the most pivotal scenes for him.

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

My biggest gripe about this season is that Brienne absolutely should have died against the white walkers. They didn’t need her to have sex with Jaime...it added nothing to either of their stories and wasted time. 

May that point it would have given more reason for Jaime to go back. 

They’ve missed many opportunities this season, and I think that the time crunch is the primary reason. If they were allotted the amount of time they got, them I can understand that. But they could have actually SAVED time and added emotion by Brienne dying in Jamie’s arms. 

I also wish that Jamie would have mercy killed Cersei. The problem is that mercy killing may not be culturally consistent, but it would have fulfilled the book prophecy that has many book readers frustrated today. 

But it was a great episode. Is the GoT everything it could have been? No. But it is still phenomenal. I’m a book reader and I still really appreciate the show. 

Completely agree with this take here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Bingo. Once I came to terms with the fact that the more complicated theories (3ER raven being evil, Bran warging into the Mad King, etc) and accepted D&D for what they are, it made it a lot easier to enjoy. Last week had a bunch of errors that annoyed me, but overall I'm happy with the season so far even if it is rushed. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

One genuine question. What do people think is going to be the "sweet" part of the supposed bittersweet ending. I guess surviving the white walkers was one part of that. Other than that the ending is looking pretty bleak. 

The "sweet" for me would be that Tyrion does indeed survive and ends up as King of Westeros. Jon goes North to enjoy whatever life he wants. Drogon lives and chooses Tyrion. Dany gets taken out by Arya, sounds good. Dunno. I just love(d) the dragon(s) :( ... Tyrion, Arya, and appreciate Jon. Dany was a fun, long journey, but she got to go, right about now. 

Littlefinger, Jeoffrey, Cersei, Ramsey, and so many others dead really makes all as good, in my Ned-like world. :) 

Re: Arya Jon and Dany.  Not sure how Arya fits in maybe she gets close and Grey Worm kills her idk

But I’m almost 100% positive Jon is the one to kill Dany with a call back to the very first episode and Ned saying “he who passes the sentence should swing the sword”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Bingo. Once I came to terms with the fact that the more complicated theories (3ER raven being evil, Bran warging into the Mad King, etc) and accepted D&D for what they are, it made it a lot easier to enjoy. Last week had a bunch of errors that annoyed me, but overall I'm happy with the season so far even if it is rushed. 

I think the biggest issue with the final season is that we had 2 years to wait for it and came up with so many theories. If we just binged the whole way through, we'd think everything is genius.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Re: Arya Jon and Dany.  Not sure how Arya fits in maybe she gets close and Grey Worm kills her idk

But I’m almost 100% positive Jon is the one to kill Dany with a call back to the very first episode and Ned saying “he who passes the sentence should swing the sword”

Who knows? Maybe Arya retires and becomes the "Lady" of Storm's End.