Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Yeah I agree.  I don’t see any scenario where they would do that. I was just replying to the suggestion.  Drogon needs to be put down. Dragon burgers for everyone in Winterfell!

Yeah if they want to take out Dany that dragon’s gotta be priority #1 lol

Great entertaining episode. 

Still feel the whole Mad Queen thing is extremely forced though. Everything Danny has experienced over eight years has always made her stronger. Losing Drogo, her unborn baby, her brothers torment, it always made her stronger. I feel this is extremely forced. It may be the ending in the books still but a way slower and believable transition. 

Cleganebowl wasn’t as much as I hoped for but the Arya/Hound was the most touching scene of the episode, maybe of the entire series. Jamie/Cersei was also a really touching scene. 

The special effects of the dragon burning down the city were absolutely amazing. One of the best things I’ve ever seen on TV. 

I’ll definitely be watching the finale although my girl has boycotted due to the Mad Queen angle and it’s non-believability. It just did not feel genuine in any way. I’ll be watching though and still was quite entertained by this episode. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Ummm...

This was your first post today.

And if you take note of the specific grammar used, I took particular care to say "That's why people are upset" and not "That's why I'm upset."

I've also written several posts further explaining my position.

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Great entertaining episode. 

Still feel the whole Mad Queen thing is extremely forced though. Everything Danny has experienced over eight years has always made her stronger. Losing Drogo, her unborn baby, her brothers torment, it always made her stronger. I feel this is extremely forced. It may be the ending in the books still but a way slower and believable transition. 

Cleganebowl wasn’t as much as I hoped for but the Arya/Hound was the most touching scene of the episode, maybe of the entire series. Jamie/Cersei was also a really touching scene. 

The special effects of the dragon burning down the city were absolutely amazing. One of the best things I’ve ever seen on TV. 

I’ll definitely be watching the finale although my girl has boycotted due to the Mad Queen angle and it’s non-believability. It just did not feel genuine in any way. I’ll be watching though and still was quite entertained by this episode. 

Lol. My girl boycotted as well for the same reason

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

And if you take note of the specific grammar used, I took particular care to say "That's why people are upset" and not "That's why I'm upset."

I've also written several posts further explaining my position.

But you still haven't answered why he was supposed to kill her, whether you or other people though it. That prophecy was never part of the show.

Edited by seminoles1

10 minutes ago, Ninerholic said:

This was probably George’s desired ending but these dinguses executed it extremely poorly. They have no idea how to slowly transition a character like Walter White on Breaking Bad. Just plain sloppy execution and completely unbelievable. 

Yes, they’ve thrown in moments throughout the years where Danny was mad and overreacted but nothing close to a believable character transformation. Everything Danny always went through always made her stronger over the years, that’s what the show portrayed as her personality 100%.

Like I said, this may be the ending George executes but it will be way way better written, a much slower and believable transition, with much more depth to it. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ninerholic said:

Mines never watched the show. But is so fascinated by all the Dany fan outrage on her Social Media that I think she might try it. Shes been like, "What these people have been worshiping the fantasy Hitler for years and didnt know it?"  *hysterical laughter* Then commences ripping on these people upset without even knowing who Dany is or what she looks like. 

She was def made for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Mines never watched the show. But is so fascinated by all the Dany fan outrage on her Social Media that I think she might try it. Shes been like, "What these people have been worshiping the fantasy Hitler for years and didnt know it?"  *hysterical laughter* Then commences ripping on these people upset without even knowing who Dany is or what she looks like. 

She was def made for me.

It’s not that fans didn’t know it, it’s that D&D are absolutely terrible at writing and executing it and making it believable in any sort of way. 

I’ve always suspected this would be the ending and fully look forward to George writing it in the books. 

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This was probably George’s desired ending but these dinguses executed it extremely poorly. They have no idea how to slowly transition a character like Walter White on Breaking Bad. Just plain sloppy execution and completely unbelievable. 

Yes, they’ve thrown in moments throughout the years where Danny was mad and overreacted but nothing close to a believable character transformation. Everything Danny always went through always made her stronger over the years, that’s what the show portrayed as her personality 100%.

Like I said, this may be the ending George executes but it will be way way better written, a much slower and believable transition, with much more depth to it. 

Uhhhh Walter White made crystal meth from the very first season. He was a complete POS for doing so.

Dany feels completely alone and betrayed by everyone.  She has been lustful for power from the very beginning.  She doesn't care about anyone or anything except for the throne.  Her transition into the Mad Queen is prolly the easiest thing to accept out of everything ppl have complained about this season.  Multiple reasons why with examples have been given in this very thread as we've seen it happen over 8 seasons.  She knows everybody loves Jon but Jon can't give her the only thing that might keep her in check and once he rejected her advances (again), that was it.  It's fear.  And that includes Jon and the North.  This was the only way this could ever happen unless Jon wasn't Aegon.

• Like 1

Oh Jesus Christ that episode had so many things wrong with it. But it would have made a almost great episode to start the season had they actually worked around a bit of Season 7 to do it. I will list out by 3 biggest issues with this episode.

3rd- Clegane Bowl

Glad the directors could get to the Clegane Bowl. Everything else in the series they missed out on, but at least they pandered that one. But I'm curious though are we gonna see those two still fighting the next episode? I mean lets be real here the fall would not have killed tthe Mountain and Sandor could have easily landed on top like Austin Powers screaming

cb7.gif

If you are gonna be cute and say the fall and the fire would have killed them both. I refer you to Samwell surviving like a 100K Wights and WW's so they should not have died.

2nd- Varys gets caught ..........very easily

It's appropriate Tyrion being the downfall of Varys. But Varys lets himself get caught? Varys who has outsmarted everyone including Tyrion himself just up and let himself get handcuffed and dragged before the queen. A sneak attack by Tyrion would have made sense from the shadows. It goes against everything that character is and how he has lived to just give himself up considering he is the ultimate survivor. That was almost on par with my first.

First that would take the cake would be Jaime killing Euron. Like ****ing seriously? Really? Oh effing hell could that be anymore of a contradiction as to what we have seen of that man? I'll own up to my bet @ramssuperbowl99 but in truth that should negate the whole damn thing. It would have been more realistic if Thor hit him with a lighting blast.

Lets work this out. Jaime routinely gets his *** kicked by Bronn and even in this season he says he's not the fighter he used to be and nowhere close to it. Bronn gets his *** kicked by the Sand Snakes, the Sand Snakes get their ***es kicked by Euron who also takes out Yara in the process as well. But Jaime comes out on top. If this was a tier ranking system he just killed a guy that was several ranks above him. Him fighting Euron with a sword is the equivalent of a one legged man in a *** kicking contest and he won the contest with one leg and not such much as a *** being kicked.

His death by far has been the most meaningful of the entire season, him and Cersei both. But his reasons for going back to her were piss poor at best. Saying he just can't get over his first and only love would have been a more credible statement to Brienne.

Edited by Calvert28
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

It’s not that fans didn’t know it, it’s that D&D are absolutely terrible at writing and executing it and making it believable in any sort of way. 

I’ve always suspected this would be the ending and fully look forward to George writing it in the books. 

Same here. I think it should have started with more signs around the Tarly burning. Like when meeting Sam and informing him. Really rattle her as to what she might be. Show Varys noticing far before the dinner table last week when eyeballing her with concern.

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I agree. Those who said this Mad Queen act is believable are not thinking about previous seasons. If she would have done this anywhere it would have been in Mereen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I agree. Those who said this Mad Queen act is believable are not thinking about previous seasons. If she would have done this anywhere it would have been in Mereen.

Exactly. People who think this is a good character transformation are either A) Relying on the books or B) Relying on their own predictions. It was extremely rushed and the hints throughout the years were poorly done, more of her just over reacting, than actually taking time to do a legit transformation. It’s just not believable according to what we have seen in the show. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Shouldn't there have been way more Golden company fighters than what they showed? Hell the dothraki and unsullied outnumbered them and they got slaughtered by the undead.

It seemed like Cersei had the upper hand and Dany would have to overcome the odds coming into the episode with how easy Euron killed a dragon and how depleted and exhausted her forces should've been (and how bolstered Cersei's were supposed to be).

But then Dany's able to dodge them with ease and destroy everything with Drogon in minutes and you realize immediately she was going to crush Cersei. Not what I was expecting, but I guess they were more interested in emphasizing the Mad Targaryen aspect

Edited by amac