Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

No I think I will because it is very plausible given the circumstance and scenes. Just like I'm assuming Jaime, Cersei, Euron, Gregor, and Sandor all died even though we didn't literally get to see their corpses.

Good and if you remember the Sept of Baelor, you know know how much ground it covers when it goes off.

She wasn't looking to command love. She even gave all of them the option to return to their homes and not have to serve her. That is not commanding anything.

ITs good to know that I can disagree with you on just about every possible topic in life. :D

VZxhTjN_mA9J-JEAhfDhYtHodXJj1d9mDVIo8qFK

Season 5 is Dany's story. Progressively escalating the amount of damage she will do to justify what she thinks is right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

No matter what the cost and yet Dany chose to stay in Mereen for several years. Despite having a force capable of landing in Westeros.

Those arent mutually exclusive you know. One is a goal, the other is a timeline. Aside from that, she did have some set backs. Like lack of ships and being kidnapped by the Dothraki

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

ITs good to know that I can disagree with you on just about every possible topic in life. :D

At least we can still enjoy the Cowboys together.

YaoMingMeme.jpg

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

VZxhTjN_mA9J-JEAhfDhYtHodXJj1d9mDVIo8qFK

Season 5 is Dany's story. Progressively escalating the amount of damage she will do to justify what she thinks is right.

Buuuuuuut she didn't though. She could have gone to their cities and destroy them but she didn't did she? She gave them the option to surrender so she let them live.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

From Reddit:

Like I said. 100% in line with her character. 

The problem with that giant list is that well over half of these things came up in the last 2 seasons. Too quick of a turn. I agree it's not out of character, but years were trumped by like 2 months.

Could have been amazing, but they skipped a few chapters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Wrong. Dany always stopped herself. She was always level headed enough to heed council.

Again jumping from executing a few hundred people to executing over a million is a massive jump no matter how you look at it.

And that council kept failing her and her peaceful option was taken away by Jon's heritage being revealed. She felt she had no other choice but to make a demonstration of power and put fear into the rest of Westeros, especially anyone who would try to back Jon.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

Daenerys lost her mentor, best friend and child in a week. On top of that she finds out her whole life is a lie and she isn’t the heir to the throne. On top of that, the actual heir is her boyfriend, who is breaking up with her. Her ex is loved by the new people when she is not. Also those bells are super annoying. Oh and her 2 advisors have betrayed and failed her

• Like 2

• Arya's last words to Sandor are the first time throughout the entire series someone talks to him by using his first name. Everybody else who talked to him called him either "Clegane", "Hound" or "Dog".

That’s pretty amazing 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

D&D has been google bombed as “Bad Writers”. Basically if you google “bad writers” there photos and articles are the first to pop up. This is the result of multi-millions of people googling “game of thrones bad writers” along with eithers name and bad writer.

It’s especially a bloodbath on reddit and youtube anywhere you go. Jesus. I actually feel bad for the two. Although they should of handed off the final season to someone capable of writing it. 

Hand over fist cash; these two don't care, and lol at all the hate rage ( I would expect ).

This is just how it is these days with people. Some will never be happy. Some don't care at all, but enjoy feeding fires because trollololololulz. Some are just emo kids with no ability to process their raw feelings. Some are just snotty arrogants that feel they can always do better than others in hindsight, and feel better about themselves in announcing it to the internet world. 

Just that kind of world we live in now. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The problem with that giant list is that well over half of these things came up in the last 2 seasons. Too quick of a turn. I agree it's not out of character, but years were trumped by like 2 months.

Could have been amazing, but they skipped a few chapters.

I would have been happy with a few more scenes over a couple of episodes. 

9 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Uhhhh Walter White made crystal meth from the very first season. He was a complete POS for doing so.

Dany feels completely alone and betrayed by everyone.  She has been lustful for power from the very beginning.  She doesn't care about anyone or anything except for the throne.  Her transition into the Mad Queen is prolly the easiest thing to accept out of everything ppl have complained about this season.  Multiple reasons why with examples have been given in this very thread as we've seen it happen over 8 seasons.  She knows everybody loves Jon but Jon can't give her the only thing that might keep her in check and once he rejected her advances (again), that was it.  It's fear.  And that includes Jon and the North.  This was the only way this could ever happen unless Jon wasn't Aegon.

This. It obviously could've been done better had it not been rushed, but people acting like it came out of no where already had their mind up they were going to dislike whatever the outcome was. 

7 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

**** what would you or anyone like to do in those situations. The point is she fought against any urges for most of the seasons. Then she stopped being about those urges and even let most of her enemies live in Slavers Bay. Her violent tendencies are very understandable considering how she was raised, who she was raised by, who she was married too and people she's had to deal with all of her life.

She was far more the product of her environment then anything. But she does an almost 180 on her motivations from Mereen to Dragonstone.

The point is, she did have the urge the entire time. She lost Jorah, Missandei, two of her dragons, and her claim in a shot time span because of (in her mind) her suppressing that urge. Why is it so outlandish to see that all of that could be enough to finally get her to give in to it? Hint: It's not. 

• Like 1

I can't believe you guys didn't see Dany's madness coming.  At several points in the last seven seasons, she got mad, and expressed said anger, angrily.  Genocide is obviously the next step, with no escalation needed at all.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I can't believe you guys didn't see Dany's madness coming.  At several points in the last seven seasons, she got mad, and expressed said anger, angrily.  Genocide is obviously the next step, with no escalation needed at all.

Yep. Pretty much this. Whenever I get mad at my wife I think hey lets burn a whole city down with my dragon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Duh, from some spoken words to genecide with nothing in between, that's how it always happens. 

Some people have no ability to separate Dany playing the Game of Thrones and her just going to a full fledged villain, like the worst one the show has seen, with absolutely no character development other than some sentences. You could make the EXACT same meme from every season of her saying she wanted to break the cycle, be different or her actions of offering mercy to those she could've struck down. The writers just wanted to go full Michael Bay and put as much fire in that episode as they could. They went shock factor over substance, but judging by the mass reaction and not the few, they botched the end of an all-time show.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Huh? Of course you have to kill to take the throne. None of these quotes sound absurd or over the top to me. Maybe burn cities to the ground but she says it in a passionate moment. How would she take the throne with no casualties (not talking about the innocent, talking about those quotes)? None of those quotes are even that bad.

So we aren't allowed to put any stock in it because she "says it in a passionate moment"? First off, that's how she feels deep down. It doesn't come out of no where. In a proper state of mind, that feeling is easier to suppress, which leads me to my second point. Do you think she was in a proper state of mind when the bells rang? After all she had lost recently, sitting there looking at the building her father brought to King's Landing, are you saying that THAT wasn't a passionate moment? 

None of the quotes are that bad? "Burn cities to the ground" is literally what everyone is upset that she did! 

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Again. Ignorance because you like the character. She *wanted* to kill everyone in Merren. She *planned* to kill everyone. Tyrion talked her out of it. That was BotB S6:E9. 

And guess what, by S7:E3 (?) she was already planning to burn Kings Landing to the ground. 

How is this so hard to follow. In her heart of hearts, she has always been single minded. She wants what she wants and will kill anything that gets in her way. 

She is Cersei with Dragons. 

It's hard to follow because people are stubborn, and can't see that they are literally searching for things to be upset at.

It's fine to say that the story was rushed and isn't everything it could've been, but it's just wrong to say that it came out of no where. 

• Like 3