Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

36 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I don’t know if you have any artistic interests whether it’s writing or music or whatever that requires creativity, etc.  But everything you said is a recipe for disaster when you start making your decisions based on what you think the public wants and not what you the artist wants to make.  That’s not to say it doesn’t happen bcuz we’re constantly spoon fed the most basic of garbage that is not even trying to be anything of lasting importance.  And of course companies and studios want to make shows, movies, etc that make money and are successful.  But there’s nothing to make money or a lasting impression without the creators.  Let them breathe and do what they do.  Anyone who is an artist understands this.

I didn’t like how Green Bay’s season went last year but I’m not going to start a petition to have the NFL play the 2018-19 season over again.  Neither that or remaking TLJ or this season of GoT is even remotely feasible. It’s ludicrous.  It’s laughable. It’s embarrassingly self-entitled to even suggest such a thing.  Maybe they should inundate GRR Martin with emails, letters, etc encouraging (harassing him is more realistic) to hurry up and finish his books before he croaks.  

PC outrage over the slightest affront is something completely different from ppl not liking things.  That kind of thing can make an impact but we’ve already seen that go the selfish way when Disney rehired a pedophile to direct the next movie in his series.  The fans can’t be trusted in most cases.  That’s a Pandora’s box that cannot be opened.  

I know if I paint a picture and it sucks people aren't going to buy it so artistic integrity aside if it sells it sells. People will buy alot, but if the masses scream about something they don't like and you decide to keep that recipe then you might be inviting your own disaster.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:50 PM, Daniel said:

I never said that it didn't need to be removed.

And it definitely has become a symbol for everything bad in GOT.  Like 70% of the memes ****ting on GOT involve that cup.

And you never said it did - so I helped you out.

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Book readers: Tell me about Jon Connington and The Battle of the Bells.

Robert was at the Stony Sept for a little leisure. When the bells started tolling for Jon Con and his troops. Bells let townfolk know to duck inside. Jon enters the town, offers bribes and pardons for Robert, who is hiding in a brothel. Jon takes time to try to do things properly and conducts searches cause his ego got in the way about how this was the end for the rebels. Which gave Ned time enough to rush down and smash his forces.

JonCon had his lands stripped from him and lost being Hand of the King. Went into exile.

Checked out a couple of those Xena episodes for reference. And not once in any battle scene is anyone walking through a battle 1 slash at a guy in plate armor and killing them.

And seeing how in even shows like Xena they arnt doing that. Is putting it up with this seasons writing as my biggest gripe for the entire series. Cause Jon stepped off the elevator at Castle Black and killed 3-4 guys like that without any defense. Just a easy slash, slash, slash. All dead.

13 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Checked out a couple of those Xena episodes for reference. And not once in any battle scene is anyone walking through a battle 1 slash at a guy in plate armor and killing them.

And seeing how in even shows like Xena they arnt doing that. Is putting it up with this seasons writing as my biggest gripe for the entire series. Cause Jon stepped off the elevator at Castle Black and killed 3-4 guys like that without any defense. Just a easy slash, slash, slash. All dead.

So you're comparing how the writers/directors of one fictional story compare to the writers/directors of another fictional story and how both compare to your reality?

Edited by Leader

6 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Didnt notice before Eurons crew were shouting commands in Ep5. 2 episodes after he told Yara he needed someone to talk too because his crew was all mutes. lol

Were the people shouting from the silence or were they other iron born in the iron fleet?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

So you're comparing how the writers/directors of one fictional story compare the writers/directors of another fictional story and how both compare to your reality?

Im comparing how in even a fantasy kids show from the 90s theyre taking time to not look but so ridiculous.

Do you grasp that wrist slashing through plate armor is as unrealistic as Davos walking through KL farting killer rainbows at Lannister troops? So.. Why wasnt Davos farting deadly rainbows at Lannister forces? He could have been. You want to make it seem like a reasonable thing to happen.

It is annoying that they made a whole scene of how Jorah's plate armor was great defense against bladed weapons (against one of the dothraki), and how a properly equipped knight would dominate in 1-on-1 combat, but then in the later seasons they forget that armor matters. 

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Didn't you know, Valyrian steel cuts armor like a hot knife through butter.  ;)

Peace!!!

58 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Didn't you know, Valyrian steel cuts armor like a hot knife through butter.  ;)

Peace!!!

Which could be made sense of if they fell back with a gash in their protection instead of looking untouched.

Reminds me of that guy from "Civil War On Drugs" by TWKYK. He lived through over 20 battles. They were asking him how. And hes, "Oh I just fake a gut shot and lay there till the end."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Didnt notice before Eurons crew were shouting commands in Ep5. 2 episodes after he told Yara he needed someone to talk too because his crew was all mutes. lol

This season is super rushed of course there’s going to be lots of little mistakes. One of them Euron swimming miles to the edge of KL in a short time and still having the energy to fight Jamie.