Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Name me a episode in this season where common sense has prevailed.

Well 8.2 was outstanding other than Bran's "let Theon & co. be my main protection beside the mystical Tree for which will offer no defense whatsoever in 8.3" plan.    Of course, that was the last episode that wasn't written by D&D.

Still, I'll echo the sentiment that as much as S8 has really stumbled in many ways, I'll still miss it when it's done.    At its peak, there was nothing like it - and no matter the issues it's faced, as a pop culture phenomenon, nothing for which we'll likely see the TV equivalent for quite some time, regardless.   

Edited by Broncofan

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well 8.2 was outstanding other than Bran's "let Theon & co. be my main protection beside the mystical Tree for which will offer no defense whatsoever in 8.3" plan.    Of course, that was the last episode that wasn't written by D&D.

Still, I'll echo the sentiment that as much as S8 has really stumbled in many ways, I'll still miss it when it's done.    At its peak, there was nothing like it - and no matter the issues it's faced, as a pop culture phenomenon, nothing for which we'll likely see the TV equivalent for quite some time, regardless.   

I already miss the show and what it once was. I just wish they had set this up more GOT style to end rather then what they think might be bittersweet with a moral high note. I've read what might be potential spoilers for tonight so I'm still interested in what happens, just saying I wish D&D would have bothered invest more time in appropriately ending this story and it's characters rather then just quickly bringing it to a close.

Edited by Calvert28

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

nothing for which we'll likely see the TV equivalent for quite some time, regardless.   

I said that about Spartacus. Didnt start watching GOT till season 5. I never would have guessed Id end with it ranked right up there along side.

Something will always step up. I was thinking it could be Witcher till a friend that has background involvement said it will be, "Heavily snowflake engineered and heavily edited with PC B S." to not hold my breath and put faith in Wheels of Time which will stay far more true to a book outline. lol

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I said that about Spartacus. Didnt start watching GOT till season 5. I never would have guessed Id end with it ranked right up there along side.

Something will always step up. I was thinking it could be Witcher till a friend that has background involvement said it will be, "Heavily snowflake engineered and heavily edited with PC B S." to not hold my breath and put faith in Wheels of Time which will stay far more true to a book outline. lol

Eventually, something will.  But it probably will also come completely unawares and out of left field.    For sure quality-wise, I wouldn't doubt it. 

I was more commenting on the pop-culture part.  1 billion people worldwide are watching the eps now.  That's nuts.  It's basically the MCU of TV (and we all know how much the MCU took to build up to this level of pop culture icon status).    I don't know when we'll see a similar scope of pop culture audience capture.

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, mse326 said:

So they are going the Old England route (pre Norman Invasion) to choose ruler? That can't end well.

Well it's their show so it will end how they want too with character going along with it as if it makes sense.