Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

47 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Dragons are intelligent…They have affection for their friends and fury for their enemies. I am their friend.

How would you qualify Jon? Friend or enemy?

They are not intelligent. Where has this been stated?

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

The same dragon that nearly bit of Dany's head in early seasons recognizes Jon as one of their own? They've known Dany their whole life, there is absolutely nothing shown to suggest Jon would get the same treatment as her or that they grow in intelligents. They are at best ever shown a trained snake.

In the scene when the dragons meet Jon for the first time - they sniff at him. Cant be sure exactly why, but it sure seemed to me they were sensing something about him and I doubt it was his aftershave. I believe its the bloodline connection. You choose to believe otherwise? Fine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leader said:

In the scene when the dragons meet Jon for the first time - they sniff at him. Cant be sure exactly why, but it sure seemed to me they were sensing something about him and I doubt it was his aftershave. I believe its the bloodline connection. You choose to believe otherwise? Fine.

He can ride a dragon that was pretty much the only thing that his blood has shown to afford him. The benefit of the doubt from an overly violent creature that just lost it's mother? Why attack just the throne, it's not a philosophical creature nor is it really loyal to anyone but its rider and mother as shown. There is no reason to assume Jon would be safe from Drogon. 

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

They are not intelligent. Where has this been stated?

It's literally what Tyrian said. 

2:00 mark. For someone who is so critical on the show, how did you miss this!?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

He can ride a dragon that was pretty much the only thing that his blood has shown to afford him. The benefit of the doubt from an overly violent creature that just lost it's mother? Why attack just the throne, it's not a philosophical creature nor is it really loyal to anyone but its rider and mother as shown. There is no reason to assume Jon would be safe from Drogon. 

The dragons allow Jon to ride them because of his Targaryen blood - its their most direct link to Dany and him. As to the need to fill in reasoning why the dragon melts the iron throne - thats not necessary in relation to why Jon is safe from them. The beast was pissed off and they showed it melting the only/closest thing to it at the time - plus it has symbolic value to the story line. Drogon has no basis to know how Dany died or that it was at Jon's hands.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

An intelligent creature that can never be tamed? Bit of a contradiction.

Ok, so it's the word of Maesters vs the word of Jorah. Which one are you picking?

Humans are intelligent. Can they be tamed? I think the show Illustrated that human nature is untamed to begin with...

Just now, Leader said:

Is that where they came from?

It's where Missandei was from. Their people are non-violent and thus easy prey for slavers. Early on Grey Worm mentions that he'll go there to protect her people. I was stoked that his arc didn't end in on-screen violence.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

The dragons allow Jon to ride them because of his Targaryen blood - its their most direct link to Dany and him. As to the need to fill in reasoning why they dragon melts the iron throne - thats not necessary in relation to why Jon is safe from them. The beast was pissed off and it melted the only/closest thing to it at the time. Drogon has no basis to know how Dany died or that it was at Jon's hands.

I have never seen an animal do such a thing in the wild. I have seen video's of a mother tiger who loses her cub to some zoo keepers to help it and in a fit of rage she starts attacks every living thing she can see. Even leaping up onto an elephant to get to some of the zoo keepers that were up there. But to attack an inanimate  object because it was angry when there was something around just as likely to blame for it's mothers death just doesn't make sense.