Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Is it? How many other dragon riders have we seen until now? We've got Dany, we've got the NK with a dead dragon he revived and we have Jon.

Tyrion states that dragons are smarter than humans (which is why he unchained Rhaegal and Viserion) so is it a stretch to think Drogon knows more than what we're led to believe?

It's mental walking if you pay attention, mental gymnastics if you're not.

i think thats mostly projecting book information that the show never really offered. 

4 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

As for the ending. I guess parts of it were ok. I was most confused about how easily the North split from the seven kingdoms. Like, no other kingdom fancied ruling themselves?

Especially Dorne... they maintained their independence from the original Aegon Targaryen, even with his dragons. Unbowed, unbent, unbroken, yet they bowed to a broken King? Yeah..... no. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

WATCHING PENULTIMATE EPISODE AND I AM SO EFFING VINDICATED FOR HATING DAENERYS AND HAVING TO DEFEND MYSELF AGAINST ALL YOU DORKS WHO HAD A CRUSH ON HER.

I could not effing STAND her and I knew the entire effing series, books, show and all that she was insane and I had to defend myself. 

Lololol at all those loser dorks who named their child after her.  I am literally laughing about that right now.

"Yeah, my parents named me after a character that went insane because they didn't wait until the end of the series." 

So vindicated right now.  I am going to have another drink in celebration.

Dude I get that it’s a cultural phenomenon.  But in the end it’s just a show.  I don’t even take football outcomes this seriously.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Is it? How many other dragon riders have we seen until now? We've got Dany, we've got the NK with a dead dragon he revived... and we have Jon. We can assume why Jon wasn't part of that group that wasn't fried or eaten...

Tyrion states that dragons are smarter than humans (which is why he unchained Rhaegal and Viserion) so is it a stretch to think Drogon knows more than what we're led to believe?

It's mental walking if you pay attention, mental gymnastics if you're not.

So basically you’re saying Drogon has a conscience and thought Dany deserved her death by saying “Drogon knows more”?  You don’t see a problem with that?

Edited by HTTRG3Dynasty

5 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

So basically you’re saying Drogon has a conscience and thought Dany deserved her death by saying “Drogon knows more”?  You don’t see a problem with that?

Nope. Not at all. Drogon clearly has a conscience after the events of today. He had a conscience during 8:1 when he stared Jon down while Jon was making out with his mom. He had a conscience when he dropped into the fighting pits to save Dany. He had a conscience when he vanished after killing a child. He had a conscience after killing the Warlock in the House of the Undying.

Is that not enough for you? 

EDIT: And the dragon didn't say that Dany deserves to die, but took it out on what really killed her. It wasn't Jon, it was the desire for the Throne.

14 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

As for the ending. I guess parts of it were ok. I was most confused about how easily the North split from the seven kingdoms. Like, no other kingdom fancied ruling themselves?

6 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Especially Dorne... they maintained their independence from the original Aegon Targaryen, even with his dragons. Unbowed, unbent, unbroken, yet they bowed to a broken King? Yeah..... no. 

Like I said before, 7 kingdoms / 7 rulers would have made a lot more sense than Bran suddenly becoming King.  I did LOL at the scene with Sansa being last and declining - I was thinking, if she had gone first, I wonder if Dorne & some of the other kingdoms would have gone "wait, I can do that too?  Dayum". 

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Dude I get that it’s a cultural phenomenon.  But in the end it’s just a show.  I don’t even take football outcomes this seriously.  

Yeah right. So youre saying when the Broncos won the Super Bowl a few years back you wernt ecstatic?

Im same as him. Its not Super Bowl level. But its up there with a good playoff win.

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

i think thats mostly projecting book information that the show never really offered. 

The show offered it, but it was subtle. We've seen the dragons interact with people - hell, Tyrian had an entire situation drawn out that Illustrated it.

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Yeah right. So youre saying when the Broncos won the Super Bowl a few years back you wernt ecstatic?

Im same as him. Its not Super Bowl level. But its up there with a good playoff win.

Celebrating that a character went "evil" is the same as a playoff win?  Your example is when a team you root for wins a big game.   I don't celebrate a rival team losing to the same degree - that's exactly what was stated.   Holy strawman argument.

I'll just agree to disagree.  

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, Broncofan said:

You celebrate when the Broncos win after everybody said they would lose.

I celebrate when I get called a sexist for despising Dany by believing she is literally stupid insane and it gets proven I am right. 

Same thing. 

I feel so vindicated right now.  Can't wait to read the novels because I can't belive Dany going insane wasn't part of GRRM's plan.  Looking forward to a lot better plotting with kinda the same general outcome.

And I haven't even watched the final episode yet. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

You celebrate when the Broncos win after everybody said they would lose.

I celebrate when I get called a sexist for despising Dany by believing she is literally stupid insane and it gets proven I am right. 

Same thing. 

I feel so vindicated right now.  Can't wait to read the novels because I can't belive Dany going insane wasn't part of GRRM's plan.  Looking forward to a lot better plotting with kinda the same general outcome.

And I haven't even watched the final episode yet. 

If you think the 2 are the same, I won't say anything to change your mind...but man, dude, it's just a show.   

FWIW, I like that Dany turned dark.  No problem whatsoever.   Just my 2 cents.  Peace.