Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

6 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Also,

60419155_2519285098165717_44174901329956

FWIW, I don't feel the way you do about the finale - Bran-as-king and Arya's total neglect after the show hinted at more last ep (and included her in the countdown shots on the white horse) are my 2 big beefs with tonight's ep, but frankly, I don't know that after ep 4-5, they could do much better.

But when it comes to Bran, yeah, I hear you.  And that meme wins the night lol.

Edited by Broncofan

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.refinery29.com/amp/en-us/2019/05/232987/game-of-thrones-prequel-about-bloodmoon-series

You'll watch. D&D aren't involved as far as I know.

I'm literally the opposite side of the coin - I criticize the season as a whole, but find satisfaction from the end.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I definitely felt it was rushed and should have been 10 episodes. But I didn't mind Dany going mad, Jamie going back to Cersi, etc.

What a fitting ending to a trash season.

Oh, that whole "Jon is Aegon Targaryen" thing? Didn't matter. Nothing mattered. Just nothing. Dany's character arc FOR SEVEN SEASONS just ends in 2 minutes like that? AND NOBODY CARES?!

Just garbage. Total garbage. Man, I'm actually glad I'm not as hardcore of a GoT fan as some, because if I invested that much time of my life the past like 10 years to this show for this to be how it ended, I would be furious.

EDIT: Also,

Greyworm: 'YOU DO NOT SPEAK HERE!'

Tyrion: speaks for like five ******* minutes

NOTHING MATTERS ANYMORE. DANY'S ENTIRE ARMY RESPAWNED OVERNIGHT. JAIME AND CERSEI WERE KILLED BY LIKE 15 BRICKS. THE PEOPLE OF KING'S LANDING SOMEHOW RESPAWNED AS WELL.

But hey, at least we got some killer visuals, amirite?! I mean FFS the only thing this gong show of an episode was missing was Euron ******* Greyjoy coming out of nowhere with the Iron Fleet to take over King's Landing.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 2

The other part of the episode that was odd to me was that the unsullied didn't go nuts after Dany died. They just slaughtered a city and are content with keeping Jon prisoner? I mean, I know they were following Dany, but it still felt peculiar.

1 minute ago, sunnygsm said:

The other part of the episode that was odd to me was that the unsullied didn't go nuts after Dany died. They just slaughtered a city and are content with keeping Jon prisoner? I mean, I know they were following Dany, but it still felt peculiar.

Because nothing matters anymore to these writers. They wanted the show to end and didn't care about how many inconsistencies it took to get there.

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

What do you have to reference this? Drogon hid for a long time after killing a child - why? He knew he was needed and showed up when it was necessary. Why did he hide?

This wasn't just a "man". This was part of a lineage that went beyond what she was looking for as a ruler.

What do I have as a reference?  Uhh, how about the fact he just murdered thousands of innocent people. 

He wasn’t hiding because he killed the child.  He was pissed at Danaerys for trying to control him and was throwing a temper-tantrum over her locking his siblings up. The book makes this more clear. 

Jon is known to Drogon for months. Dany is the first thing Drogon ever sees. He nursed on her breasts. She is the most important thing in the world to him. Jon is her killer. Dragons killed other Targaryen riders all the time in the Dance of Dragons when the Targaryen’s we’re warring with each other. Dragons are easily able to kill other Targs. 

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's a good Q, as I saw it:

1.  Drogon clearly had some recognition of Jon as "safe" when he entered.   As far as we know, he and Dany were the only 2 who've ridden dragons.    This isn't spelled out at all, but while we thought it was just the worst-ever date night ever written into the series, perhaps the dragon's acquiescence from Dany allowing Jon to ride Rhaegar imprinted some sort of "immunity" order they couldn't break.

2.  Jon being a Targ, perhaps they can't attack them?   

Either way, it's certainly not clear.   The cynic in me suspects this will be one of those "unanswered Q's" that the prequel will tease at answering to try and lure GoT viewers to return.  

Yeah, all we can do is guess and make excuses for D&D here. No mention of immunity, no show of morality from dragons.  Not even a subtle explanation was given. Just really poorly done IMO. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Because the big violent mother knew what really killed his mom. It wasn't Jon, it was the thirst for the throne.

I guess what Malfatron was right. They do understand metaphor's despite always being shown as nothing but WMDs.

Bran: "I can never be lord of Winterfell. I can never be lord of anything. I'm the three-eyed-raven."

edit: I'm also glad that he was able "to be ready" for when the long night/Night King came. It must've been awfully freakin' hard to just sit there and let everyone else do everything. Couldn't even be bothered to warg into something to help.

Edited by kingseanjohn

1 hour ago, Nazgul said:

Why does everything have to have a defined list of reasons as to why things do / don't make sense.
That has to make for a miserable viewing experience of anything.

I loved Game of Thrones. I was hooked since episode 1. 
The "perfect" anything doesn't exist. Especially not on something of this scale.
This show had millions and millions of people watching. No one was going to be perfectly satisfied. It's simply not possible.

Watching for anything besides entertainment is an illusion. 

But the writing is good right? No reason to it. But the writing is good. Eff those plotholes a bumpy ride makes for a fun ride am I right?

No one said anything about perfect but comprehensive would have been nice.

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Bran: "I can never be lord of Winterfell. I can never be lord of anything. I'm the three-eyed-raven."

edit: I'm also glad that he was able "to be ready" for when the long night/Night King came. It must've been awfully freakin' hard to just sit there and let everyone else do everything. Couldn't even be bothered to warg into something to help.

I guess at that point in the show, since they're starting from scratch heritage/lineage doesn't matter. They just literally pick someone, anyone, to represent them. And they chose ******* Bran....because of course they would.

9 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Yeah, all we can do is guess and make excuses for D&D here. No mention of immunity, no show of morality from dragons.  Not even a subtle explanation was given. Just really poorly done IMO. 

Actually, far more than a subtle explanation was provided. It was well portrayed that the dragons "recognized" Jon from the very beginning and it was strongly implied it was the "Targaryen" in him. That recognition and relationship remained constant throughout.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Actually, far more than a subtle explanation was provided. It was well portrayed that the dragons "recognized" Jon from the very beginning and it was strongly implied it was the "Targaryen" in him. That recognition and relationship remained constant throughout.

The same dragon that nearly bit of Dany's head in early seasons recognizes Jon as one of their own? They've known Dany their whole life, there is absolutely nothing shown to suggest Jon would get the same treatment as her or that they grow in intelligence. They are at best ever shown a trained snake.

Edited by Calvert28

2 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Ummmm, there’s a giant dagger sticking out of her and Jon is the only one at the scene of the crime. Just how much are they relying on us to suspend our disbelief here?  “Blood” shouldn’t protect the murderer of his mother. C’mon now.

Ummmmmm....you're applying your thinking for that of a dragon. You know that a dragon realizes whats sticking out of Dany? There's not basis for that.