Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, nagahide13 said:

It's where Missandei was from. Their people are non-violent and thus easy prey for slavers. Early on Grey Worm mentions that he'll go there to protect her people. I was stoked that his arc didn't end in on-screen violence.

Thanks. Thats the place she mentions when GW suggests Winterfell isnt the end all / be all of places to settle down :)

Just now, Calvert28 said:

I have never seen an animal do such a thing in the wild. I have seen video's of a mother tiger who loses her cub to some zoo keepers to help it and in a fit of rage she starts attacks every living thing she can see. Even leaping up onto an elephant to get to some of the zoo keepers that were up there. But to attack an inanimate  object because it was angry when there was something around just as likely to blame for it's mothers death just doesn't make sense.

GOT is a fantastical story. From start to finish. It's not depicting the world you live in so what you've seen animals do in the wild or in zoos or in your backyard doesnt matter.

A dragon (which doesnt really exist....in the wild, zoos or your backyard) breathed hot fire on an iron object. Thats about it.

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Ok, so it's the word of Maesters vs the word of Jorah. Which one are you picking?

Humans are intelligent. Can they be tamed? I think the show Illustrated that human nature is untamed to begin with...

Jorah certainly showed more common sense then the maesters at the Citadel so probably him. They never proved Jorah wrong, the dragons much and more just did what they wanted and followed Dany when she decided to do something like a pack mother. Plus Tyrion said "even SOME maesters." Meaning it was not widely regarded. They have shown enough mental capacity to take commands like a dog. But really nothing more and given how often they have sudden mood swings, I wouldn't give it the benefit of being highly intelligent.

Sure they can. Ramsey proved that with Reek. Just need a good flaying.

Most of my issues with this season can be blamed on being rushed, but Bran as the king? Something like that was definitely part of whatever outline GRRM gave them, which means Bran is going to be the king at the end of the novels and I do not like that one bit. I'm not exactly sure at what point TV Bran and book Bran diverge, in the books Bran is currently becoming the 3-eyed raven, right? If so, then I would hope in the books he doesn't actually become the 3-eyed raven, because to me, the idea of the 3 eyed raven becoming king is nonsense. At least show wise, he is hardly human. He is more akin to a computer. Why would you even need a small council for an omnipotent and emotionless king? It also makes Brans actions (or lack of action, I should say) just seem manipulative at best (which definitely was not show's intention). It makes him come off as a being bent on becoming king rather than one bent on protecting the realm.

Also we get no explanation for the LoL, or why exactly Jon gets revived. Honestly, this show just ended up ignoring, or doing a half-hearted job of wrapping up, many of the magical elements of the show (LoL, Bran and his gifts, Faceless men, White Walkers, etc.).

I mean, it's been by said by everyone a million times, but this episode highlighted even further for me how just plain RUSHED everything felt. I cannot believe they skimmed over the period following Dany's assassination and just fast forwarded to the little meeting between Greyworm and lords.

Even Jon killing Dany felt rushed, and thus out of character. In his first face to face encounter with her following the battle, he decides to kill her? Even when she is showing him utmost trust (represented, IMO, by him even being in a position where he can easily kill her). Has Jon at any point in this show been the proactive type? A guy who would kill someone because they might betray him? Never. Sure the writing on the wall was there for Dany eventually growing too fearful of his stronger claim and killing him... but the writing was also there for Thorne to betray Jon for breaking Night's Watch customs. But Jon, a classic Stark, is honorable to a fault. Not here though, he acts like a slippery Lannister.  

• Like 2

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

I like Bronn but having him be master of coins was a bit random.

I didnt get that. He should be commander of forces or something. Since hes probably the only person weve seen not dumb enough to rush Calvary out senselessly before infantry. Or put  trebuchets in front of troops, or in front of walls.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I didnt get that. He should be commander of forces or something. Since hes probably the only person weve seen not dumb enough to rush Calvary out senselessly before infantry. Or put  trebuchets in front of troops, or in front of walls.

Agree with that. I thought he would have made sense as the master of war or whatever. 

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

GOT is a fantastical story. From start to finish. It's not depicting the world you live in so what you've seen animals do in the wild or in zoos or in your backyard doesnt matter.

A dragon (which doesnt really exist....in the wild, zoos or your backyard) breathed hot fire on an iron object. Thats about it.

But they have no problem throwing political correctness in there to end the series right? Brave New World in a place where such a thing should not exist? Such fantasy, that everything seems to end and begin exactly how the writing decides it too. But supposedly it's been great this season.

7 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Most of my issues with this season can be blamed on being rushed, but Bran as the king? Something like that was definitely part of whatever outline GRRM gave them,

How do you think that is something Martin would write? Granted he's lazy, but the dude is more creative then that.

7 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Also we get no explanation for the LoL, or why exactly Jon gets revived. Honestly, this show just ended up ignoring, or doing a half-hearted job of wrapping up, many of the magical elements of the show (LoL, Bran and his gifts, Faceless men, White Walkers, etc.).

It just occured to me that D&D should have just named him Murphy since they weren't interested in his story anyways. It would be fitting and Tyrion could be the scholor and say everything terrible that pretty much came about from season 6 onward was because of Murphy and he could name it Murphy's Law.

Because think about it, most of the worst thing's that happened in the series after Season 5 happened because Jon came back to life. Had they left him dead, none of this would have happened. Not the NK, not Dany going mad, none of it. 

This finale is even worse on the 2nd time rewatching and it's amazing for a ending that is supposedly bitter sweet, just about every character gets their happy ending plus we get democracy. This could not have ended in a worse way and I was right in prediction, happy endings for all, ends with voting rights. **** D&D. Piss poor writing all of it.

Might as well have brought these two back.

D69ydmsUEAE0b9v.png

D694wjhWkAAK2Wv.jpg