Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

8 hours ago, pwny said:

7 independent kingdoms ruled by?

The respective lords. Tyrion would rule Casterly Rock, Sansa would rule the north, there was a Dornish prince in that council, Gendry would rule the Stormlands, Robin Arryn would rule the Vale, Yara would rule the Iron Islands, Bronn could rule the Reach, and Edmure Tully could rule the Riverlands.

You could argue this goes against the ending of the show, that being that Westeros is attempting to be dynasty-proof by making sure the person in charge does not have any children and an heir is selected from the council. I'd argue that most of the evil done in the show was done with great houses competing against each other for more influence on the Iron Throne or due to rebellion against the Iron Throne, so removing the King/Queen all together does just as much.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The respective lords. Tyrion would rule Casterly Rock, Sansa would rule the north, there was a Dornish prince in that council, Gendry would rule the Stormlands, Robin Arryn would rule the Vale, Yara would rule the Iron Islands, Bronn could rule the Reach, and Edmure Tully could rule the Riverlands.

You could argue this goes against the ending of the show, that being that Westeros is attempting to be dynasty-proof by making sure the person in charge does not have any children and an heir is selected from the council. I'd argue that most of the evil done in the show was done with great houses competing against each other for more influence on the Iron Throne or due to rebellion against the Iron Throne, so removing the King/Queen all together does just as much.

I give it a decade

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Also we get no explanation for the LoL, or why exactly Jon gets revived. Honestly, this show just ended up ignoring, or doing a half-hearted job of wrapping up, many of the magical elements of the show (LoL, Bran and his gifts, Faceless men, White Walkers, etc.).

This was fixable within the existing plot structure too. Jon makes the decision to kill Dany. Arya hands him the dagger (not a center frame shot, kind of like Olenna Tyrell grabbing a bead from Sansa's necklace when she poisoned Joffrey). Throne room scene happens. Jon stabs Dany and pulls the dagger out. Drogon appears, Jon puts Dany's body on the ground. Drogon stares at Jon, and Jon throws the dagger off the side by the Iron Throne. Drogon melts the throne, and you have a shot of the dagger on fire included. 

Jon is Azor Ahai. Dany was the Long Night. The dagger is Lightbringer. Done.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

My biggest issue with the finale was Tyrion finding Cersei and Jamie. Last episode the whole ceiling was collapsing and somehow Tyrion can just walk around down there.

I noticed that too. I thought while watching "They should have just stood in a different place". 

Overall, I'm satisfied. 

- Dany's death scene was amazing, I just wish they established her and Jon's relationship more. Drogon burning the thing that actually killed her was perfect. When he nudged her arm, I almost lost it. I also love how Tyrion basically established how everyone (including the audience) fell in love with her, despite what she has been the whole time. She was never a good guy, but her beauty and the fact she was killing bad guys made it seem that way. In the end, she accomplished exactly what she sent out to do, break the wheel, just not as she intended. 

- Bran as king I'm indifferent on. It makes sense and I love to see the Starks win, but it was just decent. I do like the idea of everything happening the way it should have though. Now we know he can see the future, we just don't know if he can change it or not. 

- I feel bad for Jon, but it's the happiest ending he could've asked for. I said i almost lost it with Drogon, well I definitely lost it with Ghost! I like how the R+L=J thing came into play, but not as the main storyline like everyone expected (very GOT-like). It was the main reason Dany chose to do what she did, which was the biggest storyline of the show. 

- Other things I liked were Arya going West (like she said she would), Pod in the kingsguard, Brienne finishing Jamie's story. 

- Things I thought they blew were how the North were the only ones to branch off without anyone saying anything and the fact that Bran is essentially immortal.

The last season was absolutely rushed and we have D&D to thank for it not being all that it could've been, but the overall story was great and I'm happy the way it ended. 

Feel free to quote me on anything, but if it's something negative, don't expect a response. I enjoyed it and none of you negative nancies are going to bring me down. 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So 7 kings and queens. With 7 chances to make a Joffrey or Ramsay that will be cruel for the sake of being cruel, and 7 chances to create another Dany that will try to start a war so that she can rule them all, especially if she sees a Ramsay or Joffrey leading another. The lust for more power and control will always be there. 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

So 7 kings and queens. With 7 chances to make a Joffrey or Ramsay that will be cruel for the sake of being cruel, and 7 chances to create another Dany that will try to start a war so that she can rule them all, especially if she sees a Ramsay or Joffrey leading another. The lust for more power and control will always be there. 

I don't see how this ending prevents any of that. Ramsey/Dany would intimidate people into voting for them. Tywin or Olenna would work behind the scenes to buy influence or favor.